Police general warns men: ten years jail for groping females at Songkran

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Nasrullah said:

Judging by the positioning of his hands....he's a breast man and a large one at that!

He must have been a very bad person in his earlier life.....That is why, he was reborn in Thailand.....:whistling:

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Top of the don't list was molesting women such as by groping breasts. He said that anyone who does could face up to ten years behind bars or a fine of 200,000 baht or both

How much for helping yourself on a bus, if you're not wearing an orange robe?

If breasts are worth 10 years how much for other bits? Could be 40 years for 4 seconds of groping.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

555. these guys are hilarious. who comes up with this. sure, it's sexual assault but 10 years? if they made the punishments realistic people might actually adhere to the law

Up to ten years, it's not mandatory, it's the maximum.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Top of the don't list was molesting women such as by groping breasts. He said that anyone who does could face up to ten years behind bars or a fine of 200,000 baht or both

How much for helping yourself on a bus, if you're not wearing an orange robe?

You were'nt wearing an orange robe Jenny?:shock1:

• Haha 1

I can already see it:
- Ex GF has lady friend, claiming that Farang "groped" her. Ex GF is witness to the crime. = Farang goes to jail.

More imminent dangers lurking over the heads of Farangs:
- Having exchanged good hard currency and having received fake 1000 Bht notes in return. = Farang goes to jail.
- Having placed a negative "Restaurant Revue" on social-media. = Farang goes to jail.

I advocate simplification:
Upon arrival in Thailand, as a preventive measure: Farang goes to jail. For every planned Holiday-Week, it's 1 year in jail, before commencing Holiday.
After that, Farang is allowed to commence Holiday. Also allowed to "grope" women, carry fake local currency and post negative Restaurant-Revues.
Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Even when I appreciate dryer Songkran, I can't even imagine how people can enjoy partying without being a bit mao. 

There's a time when I enjoyed to make my rounds in a pick up with people in the back throwing water on others, but of course on those who're doing the same thing for fun.

And of course, will we miss the wet shirts, after red and yellow shirts are gone. :sleepy:

Songkran-Thailand-14.jpg

Wet shirt.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

But it's the fact that the maximum term will never ever be reached.  It's like the 1 year in jail for smoking on a beach.  Never going to happen.

That was my point!  I was responding to someone who said the penalty was 10 years and that that was not "realistic".

• Like 1