Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

1 minute ago, JOC said:

Maybe, just maybe....he had a little help?

The plot thickens....:coffee1:

Its not that hard to cuff yourself after you put the noose on your neck.. its just a precaution that survival instincts don't kick in. Now if his hands were tied id be suspicious as tying your hands is hard to do yourself.. cuffing yourself not that hard.

Still someone could have helped.. but does not sound like the wife.. i mean everything is burned down she stands to lose a lot. I am not sure insurance will payout because they are married and he torched the place.. your insured against acts of a stranger but usually not by acts of your own family if deliberate. 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its not that hard to cuff yourself after you put the noose on your neck.. its just a precaution that survival instincts don't kick in. Now if his hands were tied id be suspicious as tying your hands is hard to do yourself.. cuffing yourself not that hard.

I would disagree with that .

You would just have to get some rope , tie two loops using slip knots , put your hands in the loops and activate the slip knots by moving your hands apart

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't think so unless she has insurance, and even then.. someone of the family setting fire deliberately might invalidate the insurance. Her husband is part of the family. If he was a stranger it would be better (insurance wise)

The ever pragmatic and practical Robbie....

A man has committed suicide under extreme tragically circumstances...

And you are wondering, if insurance will cover the burnt down house.....

1 minute ago, JOC said:

To be fair , that comment was about whether it was suicide or murder , rather than just whether the insurance would pay

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

To be fair , that comment was about whether it was suicide or murder , rather than just whether the insurance would pay

This story is horrifying enough without us taking potshots at one another. Come on now, fellas.

10 minutes ago, Jools said:

I love a good revenge story. Too bad he had to die to accomplish retribution. Thai people do not understand the concept of "killing the goose who laid the golden egg."

What is good about this story ?

He didnt get any "retribution" .

If you think that your ex mrs and family will be saddened by your death , you have another thing coming , they are more likely to be happy about it .

He stated that she "took everything" , she got the egg , but lost the goose

2 minutes ago, kalidescopemind said:

How do Thais still get away with this?    How can you buy a property that you can't have in your name, and not know you are being screwed?

Unfortunately, many people still rely upon trust. Something that is disappearing rapidly these days, I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, kalidescopemind said:

How do Thais still get away with this?    How can you buy a property that you can't have in your name, and not know you are being screwed?

It's gambling, I suppose. Not everyone is screwed. I bought a house too back when the GBP was worth more than toilet paper, which if Mrs baboon turfs me out of tomorrow, will only have cost me what I would have paid in rent anyway. Meanwhile baboon jnr will always have a roof over her head.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What is good about this story ?

He didnt get any "retribution" .

If you think that your ex mrs and family will be saddened by your death , you have another thing coming , they are more likely to be happy about it .

He stated that she "took everything" , she got the egg , but lost the goose

I am inclined to agree. It isn't really retribution if it costs you your life. The life that your tormentors care nothing about.

52 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

How well does dating go for you after this?

”you were married? What happened?”

”oh, he just killed himself and burnt everything down and left a horrific suicide note...”.

No,  many Thais can NEVER tell the truth.

23 minutes ago, JOC said:

As usual your misreading what I am saying, your wondering if he had help (forced) I said its unlikely to be his wife as she stands nothing to gain because the insurance would (most likely) not pay out. You should really try to read and understand things better JOC. I am just replying to your speculation. 

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I would disagree with that .

You would just have to get some rope , tie two loops using slip knots , put your hands in the loops and activate the slip knots by moving your hands apart

If you say so, I am not expert on knots so I am not going to dispute what your saying.

23 minutes ago, Jools said:

I love a good revenge story. Too bad he had to die to accomplish retribution. Thai people do not understand the concept of "killing the goose who laid the golden egg."

Similar to taking every fish out of the pond, theyll strip the pond bare if left to it, never  think to throw  back the  small fish

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

I am inclined to agree. It isn't really retribution if it costs you your life. The life that your tormentors care nothing about.

His retribution is probably in the fact that she has no house (and some vehicles are burnt) and insurance will quite probably not payout as its inflicted by the the family of the insured (husband in this case). 

Not that I would take revenge like that, just sad for the guy.

The main problem in a sad situation like is the extended family.....

They are pressuring their daughter to milk the cow dry....sometimes with her consent sometimes without...

You can't take the village out of the girl, but you can take the girl out of the village...

Move as far away from the village as possible...!!

If the woman loves you, she will follow you.....if not...she is not the woman for you...

2 minutes ago, JOC said:

The main problem in a sad situation like is the extended family.....

They are pressuring their daughter to milk the cow dry....sometimes with her consent sometimes without...

You can't take the village out of the girl, but you can take the girl out of the village...

Move as far away from the village as possible...!!

If the woman loves you, she will follow you.....if not...she is not the woman for you...

Its hard on a woman to be caught in between her husband and her family. I been there (not pressuring people for money of course) between my first ex and my family. Its a bad feeling to be in between 2 sides you own loyalty too. 

Once again we are  provided with a short  recount of a finished event, but none of the information leading up to the event.  How many times does it need to be explained that one is not mentally stable if one chooses to  end his life in this manner, in a pathetic attempt to punish someone else? The assumption is made that this man was well balanced and sane. Sorry to say, but suicides of this just  kind are but just the final step in a long march of mental instability.The man didn't just go crazy over night and there is strong likelihood that the woman may have some painful episodes to share.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

How very sad.... It happens all the time, guys lose everything to parasites and family.. Shame he thought this was his only option !!!

You have assumed that they are parasites. What if the man has a history that renders him less than the angel you assume he was?  What do you know of him?

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Sad out come.

R.I.P. 

The girls can only runaway with what you give them.

Please take care of your finances in Thailand.

most people are to old to fill the bank up again. :jap:

Ps, I totally get the burning it all down,  Nice one man :thumbsup:

So you get the burning down part. It was no different than a child who breaks a toy so no one else can play with it.

1 hour ago, maxcorrigan said:

Very sad, at least he saw she only got the burnt relics of the house, car, and motor bike, so he had something of a last laugh!

Not if it was insured. I have a feeling that it wasn't in his name.

1 hour ago, z42 said:

Incredibly sad for this man. What an awfully tragic way to go. His daughter will suffer a lot for this which is heartbreaking.

You seem to be one of the few who gets the key outcome. The man  is punishing his daughter for something she did not do.

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Sad out come.

R.I.P. 

The girls can only runaway with what you give them.

Please take care of your finances in Thailand.

most people are to old to fill the bank up again. :jap:

Ps, I totally get the burning it all down,  Nice one man :thumbsup:

Take care of your finances anywhere in the world not just thailand!!!!

Rapacious, immoral, incorrigible individuals exist in every society

Very very sad that the man took this course of action

2 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Once again we are  provided with a short  recount of a finished event, but none of the information leading up to the event.  How many times does it need to be explained that one is not mentally stable if one chooses to  end his life in this manner, in a pathetic attempt to punish someone else? The assumption is made that this man was well balanced and sane. Sorry to say, but suicides of this just  kind are but just the final step in a long march of mental instability.The man didn't just go crazy over night and there is strong likelihood that the woman may have some painful episodes to share.

You have assumed that they are parasites. What if the man has a history that renders him less than the angel you assume he was?  What do you know of him?

So you get the burning down part. It was no different than a child who breaks a toy so no one else can play with it.

You seem to be one of the few who gets the key outcome. The man  is punishing his daughter for something she did not do.

Well thank god you came along to impart your infinite wisdom !!!

We are all corrected. 

I'll sleep better now...

Unfortunately there is not much of sadness and not much is unfortunate in this story.
It´s just another person coming to Thailand and letting everything go away from him.
What´s tragic? What´s unfortunate? Sure you should rest in peace, I am all for that.
The fact, though, is that he and much stupidity brought this end upon himself.

Now, we are going to hear that I must have compassion and that I don´t know how things work or how easy this can happen.
Spare me! I have compassion for tragic things, and my 18th year in Thailand is telling that I know how things work.

11 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Give it a rest.  :coffee1:

I must say I was lucky that I figured out Thai women very quickly and dumped more of them than dumped me. One did get me for a huge house but I got two beautiful kids out of her and they are happy and prosperous in Krabi. I did know of one poor bugger who hanged himself on a door knob in a buddy of mine's bar in Pattaya. Just imagine???

Archived