Place In Thailand Without Dogs?

9 hours ago, Goldbear said:

Not to derail the thread but why no dogs in Muslim areas? 

Muslims as a rule, don't keep them as they believe they are dirty and unclean according to the Koran.

16 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Probably not.

The better question is to ask:

Where to find a place with educated vaccinated dogs? And where to find those owners of the dog.

My experience is unfortunately that even Westerners are getting accustomed to Thai ways: never see a vet, no vaccination.

Do Westerners need to see a VET and get vaccinated? Is this something new for the Junta? 

Where do I find an educated dog? Ramkhamhaeng University?

Edited by Scouse123

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Muslims as a rule, don't keep them as they believe they are dirty and unclean according to the Koran.

Do Westerners need to see a VET and get vaccinated? Is this something new for the Junta? 

Where do I find an educated dog? Ramkhamhaeng University?

I don't know where you live but in CM we have a kennel with a European (Dutch) certified expert. Educated dogs come from there (Lucky Dogs)

49 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Oliver,  is the question a joke, do you have a hatred of dogs or just an allergy or what ?

Growing up we had 2 samoyeds and a malamute (not at the same time). Like most people, I love dogs. Even in Bangkok, I'll stick my hand out to a 'soi dog' (unless it's covered in mange; then I just feel sorry for it). Unless they're frightened of strangers (often the case), they will come over and eventually I'll give them a pat on the head and try to befriend them.
Unfortunately, most of the dogs on the street in Thailand seem to live in a near feral state. Or anyway, if they have owners, they are not responsible for them (at least not in the way I, who grew up in the US, expect them to be [Not that all the dogs in the US are well taken care of. But many are.]). But of course, I'm simply a guest in this country, so have to "accept" much more than I can expect my opinions to be headed.

Long story, but...at my last apartment (2006 to 2013), there were barking dogs on the street below my window that pushed me beyond my tolerance. That's why I found my current place, which is wonderfully quiet 99.9% of the time.
If I travel to another place in Thailand (or perhaps spend a few months out of the year there, since I'm now basically retired), it would be great to go somewhere quiet, where I can be pretty sure I will not be disturbed in the middle of the night (for example), by the 'call and response' of the semi wild packs of dogs, or have to listen to their territorial snarling at each other as they try to challenge each others' dominance, etc. If you're not bothered by barking dogs here, good for you. For me, it's definitely something I like to get away from; especially if I'm going somewhere to try and relax.
So there's a short attempt at answering your question. If this thread now shifts to a discussion of, for example, how to get beyond one's annoyance at barking, then I'll just unfollow it. Go start your own thread on that subject, if you like. 

• Like 1