Naklua apartments found encroaching on public land

Rimmer

Naklua apartments found encroaching on public land

image.png

PATTAYA:--Naklua apartment landlords were given a month to demolish rooms built illegally on public land.

Pattaya Deputy Mayor Vichien Pongpanit and officials from the city Engineering Department and the Banglamung Land Department a surveyed long, narrow stretch of property in the Baan Huatung Community March 16 following encroachment complaints.

Officials measured the land between Photisan Soi 6 and Soi 8, which is only eight meters wide but hundreds of meters long, that had been taken over by 20 private land owners who built a variety of structures on the property, most of them rental rooms.

The owners and occupants said the apartments have been there for decades and they were unaware the facilities encroached on public land.

All were given a month to modify or demolish the structures so they do not extend onto public property. Anyone who doesn’t comply will have their apartments demolished at their expense.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-03-30

6 hours ago, johng said:

There is another set of buildings along Walking street sea side of the road..been there decades too
that might need "looking at"

Yes, one of my pet hates, a disaster waiting to happen, only got to think what happened at the Marina Disco a few days ago...  the thought of that happening in one of those buildings late at night is just to horrible to think about... :sad:

Almost all the " shop houses " in Pattaya are encroaching onto public land.

There is supposed to be a 3 Meter walkway in front of the shop for pedestrians between the shop frontage and the road.

Its impossible to walk safely anywhere i the City in this space, as its all been taken over by advertising placards, tables, clothes rails, and every kind of food stall that you are able to think of.

44 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There is supposed to be a 3 Meter walkway in front of the shop for pedestrians between the shop frontage and the road.

I would be curious (and interested) to know where you saw that... :unsure:

Also with many Sois being only maybe 5 meters wide, that would be just impossible.

Yes, one of my pet hates, a disaster waiting to happen, only got to think what happened at the Marina Disco a few days ago...  the thought of that happening in one of those buildings late at night is just to horrible to think about... :sad:
What happened there a few days ago?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, impulse said:

But you do see the irony in expats who have lived here for, say 5-10 years complaining about things that were clearly evident for years before they made the choice of living in Thailand? 

That, in fact, the very reason a lot of expats chose Thailand was to escape the nanny state's vice cops, zoning laws and building inspectors?  As long as the laws they like are enforced...

The tear down of the seaside buildings on walking street was first time ordered 22 years ago, and a budget for it allocated, which since has disappeared. A new budget was allocated about 10 years ago which I think also has gone astray.

The buildings on walking street are a serious safety issue as most of them have no emergency exits in case something serious happens, because there is no possibility to have them, which probably is only a matter of time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Its impossible to walk safely anywhere i the City in this space, as its all been taken over by advertising placards, tables, clothes rails, and every kind of food stall that you are able to think of.

and motorbikes YOU forgot this

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Businesses even encroach on to the road; I have been menaced for parking in front of restaurants who claim the space is for guests only.

How about businesses right out building on the road?

I know of several shops and restaurants that have extended their premises right on the parking space of public roads, complete with tables and chairs.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Cake Monster said:

Quite right too. Buakhao doesn't have any pavements because the businesses have "occupied" the space that should be pavement.

Anyway, illegal encroachment is a national pastime.

In Hua Hin the beach has disappeared at high tide because of illegal encroachment by condos below high tide level, and in Pattaya, a major resort has encroached well into the sea, visible to all.