Swiss man, illegally in Thailand, to be deported to face charges of spreading disease

webfact

23 hours ago, The manic said:

What is a natural channel? 

Probably a river or jungle track. He probably swam or walked across someplace. It's not hard to get into Thailand. There is no way Thailand has issued the Visa's for the number of Africans here, this is why they are the targets now. Nothing to do with this guy but the point is it's not hard to get in. Personally I prefer Suvarnabhumi Airport.

If he has HIV and is on tablets that surpress the virus enough to be undetectable then there is a zero chance (Swiss study) of him spreading the illness. To knowingly spread the illness you would have to know that your viral load was at a dangerous level first. If - and I say if - his doctors report him as undetectable over the time of the supposed infections then he will walk away scot free as there would be no viable evidence against him

the good thing about this forum is you get great information, especially on countries where is pays to be a criminal, definitely going to Switzerland to commit all the crimes I've been planning, just after I've had a few facial tattoos so the bank cameras can pick me up quicker.

17 hours ago, dabhand said:

This article gives a bit more info on the guy and, in particular, his previous arrest.

http://phuketnews.easybranches.com/story/swiss-man-wanted-for-hiv-spreading-arrested-in-ko-samui-251503

The Department of Special Investigation which arrested him in 2013 had seized the suspect’s 5-million-baht house; bank accounts with 4 million baht money; 60,000 Swiss francs (about 1.8 million baht); 13.5 baht-weight of gold jewellery worth about 263,000 baht; and 19 vehicles, including cars and motorcycles.

Wonder what happened to all that stuff..............?:whistling:

Post number 2 says " After Thai police had caught him and sent him back to face prosecution in Switzerland, he was jailed for two years and six months over the robbery. "

if it's for the  robbery above, two years and a half jail , it's not much

30 months in jail for stealing 22 million Baht !!!  That's over 700,000 Baht a month that he profited just sitting in a Jail .  I'm retired - but now realize I was in the wrong business. Honestly - did they get the stolen money back ?

And what I'm implying is that ... don't you think the European courts should make the penalty for such a serious crime a bit harsher if they intend it to be a deterrent

In Thailand , 20,000,000 Baht is about the amount paid out in compensation for the human lives to ALL the families for the deaths of 20 dead victims of a bus crash. Life here is cheap !

Can we assume that he acquired the HIV while in jail ?

I don't need to know the details thank you :( 

5 hours ago, jdlancaster said:

There is no reason for most people that know they are HIV+ to pass on the disease to others. Even if you are an immoral bastard for not telling your partner.... you can take PReP and a lot of other drugs to lower your virus load and wear a condom. It then would become very difficult to pass the virus on. They should be subsidizing things like PReP in areas like Nana, Soi Cowboy, and Pattaya.... much cheaper long-term for the government and everyone.

Pattaya, surely not.  :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Plenty or Thai hookers doing it to foreign Johns on a nightly basis. 

Many deliberately too. 

They used to keep a score in one of the bars I drank in Soi Cowboy how many they reckon they infected. 

It would be impolite to say I don't believe you :smile:

But you will reckon that without witnessing like you did it is hard to believe.

On the other hand, many things some humans do are hard to believe too...so

21 hours ago, rocketman777 said:

Don't see any mention of HIV in this report only "communicable disease "

So is this  ThaiVisa addition and assumption? Another example of hyping up the news

Almost every other local news report (Bangkok Post, Thai PBS English News, Phuket News, Chiang Rai Times etc) identifies the disease as HIV. 

Also this Swiss news report (in German) from 2015 states that he had unprotected sex with his girlfriend and accomplice despite knowing he was HIV-positive.

Bank robber had unprotected sex despite HIV status

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

10 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

For those not so informed, I believe he was spreading AIDS. 

Almost - but not quite. At his trial in 2015 he was accused of having unprotected sex with his then girlfriend despite knowing he was HIV-positive. She tested negative, and although an ex-girlfriend of his was HIV-positive, the reports I read did not indicate whether he was known to have infected her, only that investigations were ongoing into the facts of that case.

swiss justice is a joke, i'm swiss and i know about many cases of people that should be behind bars but just get some months but everyone gets second and third chances... and swiss prison cells are hotel rooms... after what he did they should let him stay in Thai prison, I think that would teach him a lot more...

• Thanks 1