Shame on you! Orangutan on display at crowded Bangkok mall

webfact

Shame on you! Orangutan on display at crowded Bangkok mall

Orangutan-Seacon-Square-2.jpg

A Dutch environmentalist has pointed the finger of shame at organizers of an event at Bangkok's Seacon Square.

Writing on his Facebook page Edwin Wiek - who runs a wildlife sanctuary in Tha Yang district of Petchaburi - said:

"Shame on Seacon Square shopping mall in Bangkok for putting a juvenile orangutan "on display" in a crowded mall.

Orangutan-Seacon-Square.jpg

"What are you guys thinking?"

The orangutan was shown in pictures on Edwin's page being surrounded by shoppers at an animal event.

Orangutan-Seacon-Square-3.jpg

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-02
  • Like 1

Shocking, a display of the worst of human nature. Though the full blame lies with the organisers of the 'show' who should be all tied to a tree in the Borneo jungle and subjected to the vagaries and whims of the local fauna.

Thanks Edwin. NGO's and animal lovers and all sane people should show their anger and outrage at this unbeleivably foolish idea by encouraging people to boycott this mall till they come to their senses. I hope this news is published and disseminated widely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This story needs to be forwarded to all the local papers.
Time for public sentiment to take a swipe at these misguided uninformed idiots running the mall and showcasing these lovely animals. There is a fantastic documentary called Green highlighting their plight available on YouTube.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

They have been moved out of there almost 2 years ago. Just only one lion left there now. 

There was talk about opening it up again . And where have all the tigers gone ?

Sri Racha tiger zoo still open ?

If anybody want to see these beautiful creatures in nature you can visit Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation centre in Sabah Malaysia. Easy to get there, one day for the visit is enough for the centre and then head to Kota Kinabalu for a beach Holiday. We stayed one day in Sandakan (suggest Four Points by Sheraton) and went to KK - fantastic Holidays. http://www.sabahtourism.com/destination/sepilok-orangutan-rehabilitation-centre

12 hours ago, wcoast said:

Time for public sentiment to take a swipe at these misguided uninformed idiots running the mall and showcasing these lovely animals. There is a fantastic documentary called Green highlighting their plight available on YouTube.

May be Richard Barrow will put it on his Twitter news. He has a large following. I'm not a Twitter subscriber. 

Edited by Letseng

I feel an Article 44 coming on. Not to stop the exploitation and trafficking of endangered species. 

But to stop a beautiful and intelligent primate of a higher order than the ruling junta from stealing the next election. 

I see the headlines now..."Orangutan arrested and sent to AA for campaigning before election laws pass NLA." 

Edited by InfinityandBeyond
Amendment

14 hours ago, wcoast said:

I also suggest reading anything by Birute Galdikas. Canadian primatologist and one of the "trimates" (along with Jane Goodall (chimps) and Dian Fossey (gorillas)).