Would you still take BTS if....

13 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

If you're over 60 get a Thai to buy you a Senior Rabbit card (okay, enough with the jokes!). A blue light goes on when you enter and leave with a Senior card (red for Student cards).

I've never seen any BTS official harass a foreigner for this. Even if they did, they'll only confiscate your card so don't keep too much on it.

I'd like to see them take it from me, and then I'd get the (tourist?) police involved to recover my stolen card. Actually, stolen money, as the card is legally theirs I believe. Then they'd say the card was only for Thais and when I ask why I'd enjoy seeing them squirm with embarrassment.

I'm making it up, but it would be fun.

It will never happen , it's public transport.

Name one country that charge more for foreigners (except taxi mafia and tuk tuks) ?

Edited by balo

1 hour ago, balo said:

It will never happen , it's public transport.

Name one country that charge more for foreigners (except taxi mafia and tuk tuks) ?

In the UK, resident OAPs get a free pass, people from out of county have to pay, regardless of age.  I'm not sure if that applies everywhere; I assume it is a local council decision.

But based on residency, not nationality.

I think we've had this bus pass discussion before, 

SC

The BTS is a disgrace!

2 boys and old man from Outer Mongolia and their three legged donkey could set up a better public transport!

It is totally overcrowded at Rush Hour (maybe it would help, if there were more than 4 coaches and someone could think of a way, to get rid of that #$@%^& eye of a needle, that is Saphan Taksin!), the constant blaring of the commercials annoys the #$@% out of me, the idiots, who have to squeeze into the coach, because there is not another one coming in 5 minutes...it just makes me super aggressive!

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

The BTS is a disgrace!

2 boys and old man from Outer Mongolia and their three legged donkey could set up a better public transport!

It is totally overcrowded at Rush Hour (maybe it would help, if there were more than 4 coaches and someone could think of a way, to get rid of that #$@%^& eye of a needle, that is Saphan Taksin!), the constant blaring of the commercials annoys the #$@% out of me, the idiots, who have to squeeze into the coach, because there is not another one coming in 5 minutes...it just makes me super aggressive!

Seems to me that if it is overcrowded it is doing a good job.  It is a mass transit system, not a luxury coach-ride. 

I think it is great, I am delighted it's been extended, there are a lot of new skybridges to neighbouring developments that make it even better, and I'm very pleased its being extended still further.  They might have to think again about any further extensions, as the train lengths are ultimately limited by platform lengths.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Seems to me that if it is overcrowded it is doing a good job.  It is a mass transit system, not a luxury coach-ride. 

I think it is great, I am delighted it's been extended, there are a lot of new skybridges to neighbouring developments that make it even better, and I'm very pleased its being extended still further.  They might have to think again about any further extensions, as the train lengths are ultimately limited by platform lengths.

Quite, it is a good system. It is only really busy on certain routes at peak times, and even then i have rarely had to wait for a 2nd train to come for being unable to fit in the 1st. Obviously people complaining would also point out that the Japanese system could be run by three legged donkeys as that is even busier, or perhaps the UK system as that two is rammed at peak times worse than BKK.

I am sure some people just have nothing else to do but whinge, perhaps the only thing that gives them purpose in life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I am sure some people just have nothing else to do but whinge, perhaps "the only thing that gives them purpose in life".

Should read "makes them feel they have a purpose in life".  I am sure God has a purpose for each one of us, and I don't think whinging or shutting one's trap will affect that great purpose.

Or maybe it should read "it's their adopted purpose in life", but in any case, whinging is a process, an activity, not an objective, and purpose should be an objective. 

I think he was thoughtfully trying to offer motivational encouragement and helpful suggestion with the purpose of making the excellent BTS system even better, but lacked the communication skills to present his viewpoint effectively,.