Video: Terrible driving as one car driver causes damage to five in Chonburi

webfact

Video: Terrible driving as one car driver causes damage to five in Chonburi

4pm.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

Dash cam footage from a delivery pick-up travelling in Chonburi showed what happened when an irresponsible driver tried to push into a line of cars.

Taking up an entire lane the Honda was hit at speed by the pick-up that was unable to brake.

Jakkrit Musikorn, 25, was driving back to Bangkok after making a delivery of electrical appliances in Sri Racha.

The accident happened at the Khiri intersection on Sukhumvit Road in Samet sub-district in the direction of Chonburi.

Five vehicles suffered damage though injuries were fortunately only minor.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-04

Video starts at 0:56

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Hmmm! To my mind this accident was totally avoidable and is caused by the truck coming down the road way too fast. He can see from some way back that cars are moving across to the U Turn lane, but carries on without slowing down at all.

In BKK they try to push their car into the line all the time while blocking other lanes...especially the taxi's and german cars like to do it.

Now they place  plastic poles to prevent this from happening but within a week they are all broken and laying on the road. And for motobikes those poles are very dangerous as well since we don't expect them to be there or laying on the road.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Hmmm! To my mind this accident was totally avoidable and is caused by the truck coming down the road way too fast. He can see from some way back that cars are moving across to the U Turn lane, but carries on without slowing down at all.

To mine "twatty" should have waited until the lights  changed to "stop" or waited for a space which undoubtedly  could have been sometime, also difficult to see if "twatty"  had  ample time to get in the right lane or not as many simply "dont have a clue"

Those  SOLID  white  lines are there for a reason, he crossed  them

Edited by kannot
  • Haha 1

I suspect there is a feeder road onto the highway not long before the accident site. You see a small black car make a tight turn into the U Turn lane, 50m before the second car moves across. Regardless,  the truck has about 4 seconds to take evasive action, but does nothing, not even noticeably slow down. Even at 70MPH he had enough room to stop unless of course he was distracted.

Using a mobile phone rather than concentrating on the road can have devastating effects on a driver’s stopping distance

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/learning-to-drive/stopping-distances/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Both their faults , but mainly the truck drivers

Truck had time to slow - Should of done that 50 mtrs prior to to little black car doing a last minute lane change

If he had done that he would of been able to stop or avoid the id*%t who wanted to sit in the wrong lane to try & make his way into the turning lane 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverell said:

I can never understand why drivers faced with missing a turn just do not safely carry straight on and turn around at the next opportunity and go back  instead of carving up other road users. Not just in Thailand !

LAZY, SELFISH, pretty  simple  to  understand  really

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I agree, he can see the cars, he just can't process what he is seeing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Agreed.... but easily and totally avoidable by both drivers... 

By the Civic who can clearly see cars passing through at speed, but nevertheless decides to negotiate the gauntlet of speeding traffic instead of U-turning further down the road. And again, by the speeding Pickup who can clearly see other cars crossing traffic and failing to slow down. 

Road design also plays a roll, often permitting idiots to make galactically moronic decisions which endanger the lives of others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Normal Thai driving

Me first generation

Just wait for songkran

I , like may others I suspect will be going out as little as poss. over soakran , but there will be plenty to see on here .  Have a brew and count the accidents.

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The car did not signal a lane change and also the car was not permitted to change lanes because he has a solid white line lane marker between his lane and the truck's lane. It's illegal to cross a solid white line and it's illegal to change lanes without signaling using lights or hand signals.

Truck was going fast but probably at or below the speed limit.

In summary, car is at fault because it violated rules of the road .

Edited by Banana7

11 hours ago, Thian said:

In BKK they try to push their car into the line all the time while blocking other lanes...especially the taxi's and german cars like to do it.

Now they place  plastic poles to prevent this from happening but within a week they are all broken and laying on the road. And for motobikes those poles are very dangerous as well since we don't expect them to be there or laying on the road.

I hear you, but..... a lot of German cars are made in China these days... so what is your point?

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

Benz is made in thailand by the way. 

The comment was about German cars, not the Benz. Many German cars are made in China. And, by the way, Thailand assembles only some Benz models, most of the top end models are still made in Germany