Where to spend a night in chonburi?

ubonr1971

We are driving from central bkk to Chonburi province to visit a few local businesses. Our final destination is Trat but we want to stay in Chonburi somewhere near a beach. Can you recommend an area or high end hotel? We do not want to stay in Pattaya. Its too low class.

thanks

• Haha 1

LOL....lots of 5 star hotels in Patters.  Are you looking for 6 star offering, with valet parking, concierge service and a private parking spot for your yacht from Issan?  There is also a helipad up on the hill near the Pattaya sign should you need to commute around town in your chopper and wish to avoid the Chinese tour buses.

Edited by torrzent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about the Renaissance in Na Jomtien? Brand new and well outside of Pattaya, yet just a short drive to restaurants and nightlife if you want that. I looked at it the other day and thought it was quite nice. Another option would be the Movenpick, a couple of miles nearer to Pattaya. And of course the Royal Cliff is in Pattaya but well away from any low class activities. You also have the Intercontinental next door. All are by the sea though the beaches themselves may leave a bit to be desired. They do all have pools with sea views, and nice gardens, of course.

Sri Racha has several fairly up-market hotels but nothing like the ones I mentioned as far as I know.

I have seen the Hilton it looks in a great position and out of season good prices, have booked 6th-13th November when the International Fireworks Display is on ( if it's not cancelled again for financial reasons ) I believe the views over the bay are fantastic.  

Yes in Jomtien beach at soi 9 there is Richman Poor Man, parking near by, it is right on

Beach Road, or a bit further south on Chaya Preuk Road is Honey House 3 guest house

with parking in back. Less than 1000 baht per night. Bigger rooms at Richman Poorman

Geezer

Why not stay at The Royal Cliff in Jomtien- the royal wing rooms are very nice- ocean view,your own small pool and I think you get your own butler to bring your Champagne and caviar. 

Choice of fabulous restaurants- the Italian Capriccio is stunning. 

Its out of town and quiet at this time of year.

Very pleasant staff and excellent service.

Maybe that would suit your needs. 

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

We do not want to stay in Pattaya. Its too low class.

some of the properties in Pattaya are most expensive in thailand.

which you could not afford if you wanted to live in.

its not the properties. Its the people and vibe. Not the kind of place one would want to take a family

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nextmove said:

If your final destination is Trat then why don't you drive just a little further and stay at the Rayong Marriott Resort and Spa? I stayed there not long after it opened and very nice it was too.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkrr-rayong-marriott-resort-and-spa/

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for this info!

16 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

its not the properties. Its the people and vibe. Not the kind of place one would want to take a family

Thousands of families disagree with you on that one!  Especially the ones enjoying, pools, beaches, water parks, aquariams, sports, great food, shopping malls, etcetc.  Enjoy your protective bubble!

Edited by torrzent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you look for it, you can find it.

Does not make sense to stay overnight in Chonburi, less than 2 hours drive from Bangkok, if you want to go much further to those greener pastures.

2 hours ago, torrzent said:

Thousands of families disagree with you on that one!  Especially the ones enjoying, pools, beaches, water parks, aquariams, sports, great food, shopping malls, etcetc.  Enjoy your protective bubble!

Maybe he's worried that the kids might get hit by flying ping pong balls.

I think some posters like him are just thinly veiled trolls who want to get a hit in on Pattaya. 

16 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Chonburi province to visit a few local businesses.

Hopefully none of the "local businesses" is located in Pattaya or he might have to bathe in Purell before rejoining his family.

On 4/4/2018 at 8:20 PM, ubonr1971 said:

We do not want to stay in Pattaya. Its too low class.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1032486-pattaya-trip-first-for-ten-years/

Looks like OP missed the narrow window of opportunity by spending too much time commiserating, as this other thread notes that Pattaya has "gone upmarket since we were last there, ...".  OP now has a connundrum as Pattaya may now be too High class for him and he may not feel welcome.  What to do, what to do?

Chonburi is a filthy armpit. I lived there for a few years and didn't realize until moving away how DEPRESSING living in an armpit could be!

Jomtien or Bang Saray are two VERY good alternatives. Nong Nooch garden is world class and the beaches in Bang Saray are some of the best I've ever seen.

http://www.nongnoochtropicalgarden.com/