Drugged and robbed last night in Chiang Mai

jbob

I "came to" this morning at about 7am laying on my back, grazing on the inside of my left knee and left forehead, having no idea how I got there or what happened past about 1am

Its obvious how it happened, went to Sound Up 12:30am alone and left my drink unattended often.

Went to tourist police, then local police and recovered my phone. Using google maps timeline once Sound Up closed I was taken to a known bad karaoke place opposite a condo I was looking at staying called [name removed] (my phone was found in the bushes behind it). Take a look at the bill.

I experience no hangover and vaguely remember crying hysterically, what did they give me?

Complete memory loss for about 7 hours and coerced into a bad karaoke bar that I knew was bad and months ago left a 1 star review too....

20180404_040026.jpg.a9524c89a805d4b7dd0f88c9be00ff92.jpg

Did you wake up feeling very tired / feeling like shit ? If not then I doubt you were drugged.

If you did then maybe you were drugged, it happens I guess. Based on my past research if you were drugged then it was probably barbituates in the form of phenobarbital.

The 'hangover' aspect of this probably depends on the dosage. I know I felt like shit all day after it happened to me many years ago.

33 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Lucky your no female as they are known to blame the last person they saw with rape as well.

My sister did this to one of her bosses after another 2 years of working for him. I'm like "Was it really rape or just bad life choices?"

Though highly unlikely in this case it's 100%. There was this one local police office who in thai was like "haha you stupid farang you got drunk and lost all your shit like in the hangover" I'm sure he sees it daily

Benzodiazepine seems the most likely

Duration 6 hours

Muscle relaxation yes
Lowered blood pressure ??
Feeling drowsy or difficulty staying awake Yes passed out on side of road
Memory impairment Yes from 1am - 7~8am
Dizziness Yes 
Confusion Yes
Disinhibition (lack of restraint manifested in disregard for social conventions, impulsivity, and poor risk assessment) very much yes
Tremors No

Have only tried Benzodiazepine in valium and xanax form but it fits the bill

My sister did this to one of her bosses after another 2 years of working for him. I'm like "Was it really rape or just bad life choices?"   Though highly unlikely in this case it's 100%. There was this one local police office who in thai was like "haha you stupid farang you got drunk and lost all your shit like in the hangover" I'm sure he sees it daily

Benzodiazepine seems the most likely

Duration 6 hours

Muscle relaxation yes

Lowered blood pressure ??

Feeling drowsy or difficulty staying awake Yes passed out on side of road

Memory impairment Yes from 1am - 7~8am

Dizziness Yes 

Confusion Yes

Disinhibition (lack of restraint manifested in disregard for social conventions, impulsivity, and poor risk assessment) very much yes

Tremors No

Have only tried Benzodiazepine in valium and xanax form but it fits the bill

In a previous life back on the gold coast in oz enjoying my play boy lifestyle I took a girl home from a night club about 3am. At 10 am she was gone but in her underwear only. Her stuff was in my room.

To cut a long story short I was asked to report to the cop shop with her gear. She tried to charge me with date rape..

Very Very scary but the dective told me she was lying or confused or ingested her own party drugs or a combination of the 3. You can't just pass out for a few hours when drugged. If you don't remember anything then that's a huge drug dose that can literally take days to get over and most certainly not in any condition to be having a casual conversation with a cop about it the next morning

20 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

15 x "waber" whats that?

Get a wife ... be like a lot of us ... why should you be happy ... of course you might not be allowed to have 'great nights out' ... like your last one ......

• Haha 2

Do not take this stuff lightly. wifey's a nurse and dormicum could have been it, or similar. very small dose required, puts you DOWN in 20 minutes full stop. then you wake up refreshed. no hangover. That's if you didnt combine it with other sedatives like drinks.. dangerous territory, so dont leave your drink alone, watch it being made, or especially in an unknown venue just have beer from a bottle you watch get opened.

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Can be GHB , lesson learned the hard way.

Never ever leave your drink unattended. 

So true but peoples guards drop after a couple of drinks when they are relaxed , however I am aware of the dangers as my son was robbed by a taxi driver who took him from an ATM to a bar where his drink was laced and he was relieved of 10,000 baht . Got back in the taxi and told the driver to give back the money or go to the police station when the driver pulled a gun on him . My son open the door and rolled out of the moving taxi . Lucky to get away with his life . He never leaves his drink unattended and mostly drinks from a bottle as opposed to an open glass . Lesson learnt .   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What did you lose?

This is really bad, I thought Thailand would be much safer than this.

Its quite common , some of the local ladies can get sedatives from the pharmacy , they call them "getting drunk pills" and they put one in their drink (themselves) and one drink is all they need for the night .

Its quite often used for recreational purposes , problems arise when you dont know that youve been drugged .

4 hours ago, bartender100 said:

15 x "waber" whats that?

i do not know wabers, and i live there 

by the way the bill was only 7247 bht,

that is not such a big rip off is it??

only thing bad is he does not remember wich pleasures he got for it :saai:

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

look at the bright side.....you are alive and not missing a kidney.

a neighboring couple of retired people went some years ago with their Motor home to Poland. The man left for a pee outside and didn't come back. He was drugged. Police found him next to a recreation area a week later........without one kidney.