Aussie does the pointing - Thai girl does the "wai" after $4,900 theft

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, johncat1 said:

Strange name for an Australian Surely it would have been easier to ask the Australian man for his name and how it was spelt

Assuming he wanted it plastered all over the internet :shock1:

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

No, they're probably not, she's entitled to not show her identity for these unauthorized parades as is everyone in that situation.

And that extends to farang as well? :whistling:

Somehow I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

...with enough experience of prossys to give others advice and to be happily married?

You always just defense prostitutes I not need to explain more about my life and marriage to you 

Just continue your life and I will continue to live my life totally opposite as yours 

No problem for me 

• Haha 1

"We dont know, but it's highly likely".

Really? Says who?
"Very few thefts actually result in prosecution here".
Really? Says who?
'Much better to just hush it all up with a quick wai..."
What? And then allow it to be advertised on the internet for the world to see to help "hush it up"? Haven't thought this out very well, have you?

Says me. I've seen it happen too often here. Three major thefts by staff in my condo building that were hushed up, and several staff of other businesses who have left following incidents of missing money etc. In all cases no one was charged. In fact I've never personally heard of any cases here where anyone was actually charged with the crimes that they admitted to. And then there are all the news reports that mention thieves and worse being caught, admitting their crime, and not being charged. You see it every day.
So I'm assuming that this is fairly widespread.

And I have indeed thought it out. There's a big difference between an official statistic/criminal record, and a photo in the paper. The latter will be forgotten tomorrow, but the former will hang around forever.
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Where's the picture showing how ugly (you claim) she is, do you know her?

There is a police mug shot in the video if you follow the link in the OP.

No face-mask and not looking too pretty.  Also suggests she was processed or had prior arrest.

Surprised so many are criticizing a tourist for bringing 5000 AUD in cash, hardly surprising. Cash offers the best rates nowadays with the ATM charges. Silly of him to leave it lying around but if the hotel room didn't have a safe likely he had it on him earlier. Just another day in Pattaya.

14 hours ago, lvr181 said:

And that extends to farang as well? :whistling:

Somehow I doubt it.

Doubt it all you like but it does include farangs.  However, those who are not aware of their rights in that situation are not likely to take advantage of them.

14 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You always just defense prostitutes I not need to explain more about my life and marriage to you 

Just continue your life and I will continue to live my life totally opposite as yours 

No problem for me 

"...I will continue to live my life totally opposite as yours".

You know something about my life, then?

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There is a police mug shot in the video if you follow the link in the OP.

No face-mask and not looking too pretty.  Also suggests she was processed or had prior arrest.

You're right there is a mugshot of her with no mask, but obscured so that you could not see her whole face. 

Her having priors does not affect her appearance, does it?

• Like 1

So, will this ropey bit of rough be held accountable for returning the victims money?

Its bad enough that he has had his face plastered all over the media and will now be labeled a 'whore-monger' at home. He may also be facing the possibility of writing off the cash as lost. In addition, the charges for the thief may simply involve a negligible fine... (of about 810 baht !)...

It's becoming more and more apparent that there is very little deterrent in Thailand for those with little to lose - Petty crime becomes an attractive option, made more attractive by a generally inactive Police Force and extremely sympathetic penalties, especially when holidaying foreigners are the victims. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 1:20 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

They do that for tjek for drugs and prostitution is illegal 

I'm not familiar with "tjek." Had any lately? But you don't know that she had engaged in prostitution according to the Thai legal definition. And if the police mounted an investigation using CCTV footage and witness testimony, if they could find either (doubtful the victim is going to cooperate in that), would the severity of the crime or the fine imposed be enough to warrant the effort? I think most members of our TVF Office for Police Conduct would promptly sneer, "don't they have something better to do?" :laugh:

Edited by JSixpack
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So, will this ropey bit of rough be held accountable for returning the victims money?

Its bad enough that he has had his face plastered all over the media and will now be labeled a 'whore-monger' at home. He may also be facing the possibility of writing off the cash as lost. In addition, the charges for the thief may simply involve a negligible fine... (of about 810 baht !)...

It's becoming more and more apparent that there is very little deterrent in Thailand for those with little to lose - Petty crime becomes an attractive option, made more attractive by a generally inactive Police Force and extremely sympathetic penalties, especially when holidaying foreigners are the victims. 

You make a good point. He could have saved his reputation by keeping quiet. 120k to save his reputation.

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Doubt it all you like but it does include farangs.  However, those who are not aware of their rights in that situation are not likely to take advantage of them.

Then there must be many 'farang' not being advised of their rights! Cannot recall many pictures on this forum that shows suspect farang wearing masks. And who 'advises' them?

4 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Then there must be many 'farang' not being advised of their rights! Cannot recall many pictures on this forum that shows suspect farang wearing masks. And who 'advises' them?

I'm sure the police who set up these parades (against the rules) don't advise them and if they don't have lawyers at that stage they probably are not advised that they can hide their ID.

Just because you "cannot recall many pictures on this [little known] forum" showing farangs with obscured or hidden faces doesn't mean that there aren't more than you've seen.  You do know that Thaivisa is not the only news aggregator in Thailand, don't you?  Pictures in other media sources count also!

12 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I'm sure the police who set up these parades (against the rules) don't advise them and if they don't have lawyers at that stage they probably are not advised that they can hide their ID.

Just because you "cannot recall many pictures on this [little known] forum" showing farangs with obscured or hidden faces doesn't mean that there aren't more than you've seen.  You do know that Thaivisa is not the only news aggregator in Thailand, don't you?  Pictures in other media sources count also!

Mmmmmmmm......................... :crazy: My apologies for not recognising you are or were a politician or lawyer.

I am on the TV forum NOT 'other news sources'. But, thank you for your unenlightment. Do have a nice day. :thumbsup:

On 4/7/2018 at 6:25 PM, lvr181 said:

Masks aren't really a farang thing. Uncool, and suggestive that one isn't in fact proud enough of one's own germs to share them with others. And so inconvenient to whip on and off for publicity photos. You'll have to study farang culture more besides pay more attention to perp photos on TVF.

_40476883_wilcox_flannaghan_ap203.jpg.2cc5466ed090e07b5b34476c20f5f199.jpgn4-660.jpg.35211cffaf45d3d81118067da6f74425.jpg

Edited by JSixpack
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, JSixpack said:

Masks aren't really a farang thing. Uncool,

Well if there is any photographer nearby and you get involved in something that will end up in the news , I would demand one asap.  Or use my hands . 

Edited by balo

14 minutes ago, balo said:

Well if there is any photographer nearby and you get involved in something that will end up in the news , I would demand one asap.  Or use my hands . 

That would work except in the common scenario of your naked corpse being discovered rotting on a bed in a rented room, pills & half-empty Sang Som bottle nearby, fat arse starin' at the ceiling. At least you weren't trashed by Songkran hooligans, but then you'll have to hope your private parts are blurred out in the official pics to avoid some of the trashing you'll get during the investigation by the CSI: TVF.

• Haha 1