Coolest bed sheets?

utalkin2me

On 4/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, Gulfsailor said:

In Thailand I use bamboo linen. Much much cooler than high thread count cotton and still very soft.

Please could you let me know where you got your bamboo bed linen from?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, james.d said:

Thank you.

eluxury.com

I only purchased down pillows and bamboo pillow cases from them. Beware that you will likely have to pay duties and vat. I think it was 30%+7%, but it's a few years back, so not sure and could have changed since. Both the pillows and cases are still in excellent condition. 

My mattress is too big to fit any premade sheets. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What size mattress do you have? Larger than king?

Yeah. When I ordered the mattress and asked if they could make it bigger than King size, this wasn't a problem +20% for an extra foot on either side. 

• Thanks 1

I ended up picking up a fitted 100% cotton sheet from california design den on amazon last time i was in the states. Good quality and very cheap. I am still on the hunt for the coolest possible sheet though. I like this one but i was hoping for a cooler feel, maybe after a few washes?

I may try the bamboo variations next time, but i had trouble finding them in fitted sheet only. I do not like to buy entire sheet sets because i only use fitted. 

The bedding section inside the Central Chidlom department store in BKK has a pretty broad selection of higher quality / high thread count cotton sheets. A lot of them are quite expensive, but some times they're on sale or are having some promotion.

But I too usually try to buy my cotton sheets in the U.S. and bring them back or have them shipped over. These days, my Thai wife doesn't want to sleep on local sheets anymore, complaining the fabric is too rough and not comfortable. So I'm glad she's come around to my way of thinking!  :smile:

Having good quality, comfortable sheets makes a world of difference for getting a good sleep at night.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Having good quality, comfortable sheets makes a world of difference for getting a good sleep at night.

amen, brother...serves as advice to those that have sleeping problems, optimizing yer sleeping arrangement can help tremendously (cotton sheets, good mattress, cool dark and quiet in the bedroom, etc)

Yes, good sheets make a huge difference. We used to have these Thai bought sheets and you could feel like a sheen of something awful. I also found that getting a mattress as firm as i can possibly take works better as you don't sink down too much. Softer ones tend to be harder on my back anyway. 

I have no hesitation in recommending Midori. We bought a bed set in Robinsons about 4 years ago which is still giving us a cool and comfortable night's sleep and showing no sign of wearing out yet. And when it does so I will not hesitate to buy another set.

The set we have has a 335 thread count, it is easy to wash in our basic twin tub and we air dry it then it goes straight back on the bed. No ironing needed.

Another secret to a comfortable night's sleep is to always make the bed properly. In fact, good hoteliers don't call it 'making the bed', they call it 'smoothing the sheets' and with good reason. We even 're-smooth the sheets' if we've had an afternoon nap. (or a more playful interlude!)

I don't personally recall the price, but my wife reckons they were around 2k baht for king size.

On 8/28/2018 at 3:27 PM, james.d said:

Thank you.

seems they have "bamboo" sheets on amazon.com but they are actually "rayon" ......  and not so expensive to be "luxury"

and no "california queen" size  just calif king

2 hours ago, RegularGuy77 said:

Where can I purchase bedding packages that include a top flat sheet?
The stores in Thailand don’t seem to carry flat sheets. I find it to hot to sleep with a douvet in Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Never found a top sheet in a set here but Central Kad Suan Kaew sells top sheets separately.  It won’t be cheap.  I would just order sheets from Macy’s instead and pay the shipping and customs charges as they now ship to Thailand.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:39 PM, petermik said:

There are a couple of "hotel bedsheet suppliers" here in Pattaya cotton thread count from 200 up to 600 and not that expensive.......:thumbsup:

There,s also a stall on soi bukhaow market where a lady sells "discarded" cotton sheets from a big hotel chain here for 200 baht....some excellent quality with plenty of wear still left in them,some not so..if you do not object to sleeping on second hand bed linen that is....:whistling:

I sleep on second hand bed linen every time I stay at a hotel.