*Current* Activities for kids on Samui

was reading tripadvisor and many things are not current, for example water park in Lamai looks great! what was that like 6 years ago? website says closed and latest review says it is a dump. my daughter would have loved that.

Was thinking about checking the farm on the hill thing, is that really 700 baht per person!!

I know Samui is expensive but damn.

I went to a butterfly farm once, They had huge bitterflies and scorpions, pretty sure there is more than 1. Which one is best?

I used to live in samui 2004-2006, but I was into other activities then like drinking :)

thanks for any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

daughter is 4, playground at Tesco might hit up, she liked the one at central festival, I like how they developed that area. I may remember wrong but wasn’t that whole area full of small dive bars?

I saw ad for some new water park in Maenam...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, surfdog said:

daughter is 4, playground at Tesco might hit up, she liked the one at central festival, I like how they developed that area. I may remember wrong but wasn’t that whole area full of small dive bars?

I saw ad for some new water park in Maenam...

That's closed too.

• Thanks 1

water parks really don’t last long here in Thailand do they? :)
my activity tomorrow morning is cleaning up trash on the beach, it’s just nonsense the hotels don’t pool resources to have dedicated trash pickers

11 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

There was two water parks in Maenam, is the very overpriced pink elephant closed also 

I haven't observed any activity at either for months. The one on soi 1 has been shut for around a year.

paradise park was worth it, 400 baht per adult, daughter went free. fed elephants at Nai Muong 1 waterfall about 300 baht worth of bananas

want to find same butterfly farm went to a few years back, thinking it was on road to lamai from chaweng.... but didnt see any signs

Believe the Butterfly Garden at the south is still open, the Street View position is here. It's opposite Centara Village, there's a description etc. here

It's right after the Samui Aquarium & Tiger Zoo, including a Sea Lion show, which is worth a visit for kids. Also the bird show is really great. It's a combines ticket and show, but only once a day. In case of rain the show is cancelled, so don't buy tickets in advance, they may not refund tickets. Showtime used to be 1pm, but better check.

Central Festival has some activities for children, among others a 4DX cinema and some other activities, and a pirate "horror house" (however, never been inside it). There also a playground for small children (free) and some tour-rides (merry go round and a train, need to buy ticket); all situated both ground floor and 2nd floor by the main entrance by Chaweng Lake, between Central Department Store and Power Buy.

There's a small zoo and show etc. at Namuaeng 2 Water Fall in Wildlife & Safari Park.

Depending of age, there's also a newer kids go-kart lane, Easy Karts, and Skydiving at the peninsula in Chaweng Lake (after Reggae Pub and Camp Beer).

The little zoo, Samui Crocodile Farm, close to the airport with monkeys etc. and a crocodile show, and snake show is also a good activity.

A long tail boat trip in the south from Thong Krut Pier to the islands  is also a fine day-trip for kids.

:smile:

• Like 1

google saws that butterfly farm closed... maybe wrong might drive by.

central festival playground is ok,

other stuff not interested.

rather buy a truckload of bananas and go feed the elephants at na muong 1

they are hungry

Beach republic is quite nice in the day time 

Tesco’s has upgraded its play area 

can wake the kids in there for 60 minutes and it’s more fun for them 

little  monkeys opposite Suport electric in Manam just after bandara

shooting range but expensive 

they have  new go kart track in reggae road with karts for kids and adults and parachuting wind tunnel 

4 hours ago, surfdog said:

google saws that butterfly farm closed... maybe wrong might drive by.

central festival playground is ok,

other stuff not interested.

rather buy a truckload of bananas and go feed the elephants at na muong 1

they are hungry

Forgot to say it had to be free...:wink:

water parks really don’t last long here in Thailand do they? :)
my activity tomorrow morning is cleaning up trash on the beach, it’s just nonsense the hotels don’t pool resources to have dedicated trash pickers

That's not true, waterparks unfortunately don't seem to last long on Samui.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app