Russian busted for overstay, drugs

Rimmer

Russian busted for overstay, drugs

image.png

PATTAYA:--A Russian man has been arrested in Pattaya for drug possession and overstaying his visa.

Ivan Skiba, 24, was taken into custody March 29 at his home in Nongprue. Immigration police confiscated two ecstasy tablets and 0.6 grams of marijuana.

When he was asked to present his passport, officers discovered he had overstayed his visa six days.

He was sent to Nongprue Police Station for prosecution on the drugs charges and also faces deportation.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-04-06

On 07/04/2018 at 8:30 AM, mikebell said:

Why would Immigration police suddenly decide to raid Ivan's home?  Insider information? 

Probably.. i mean it makes no sense otherwise. Plus.. wow what a drug haul... 2 tablets and less than a gram of weed. 

• Like 2

A troll post has been removed, don't like the news stories then don't read them, suggest you take up your gripe with the original  source and not post it on here. 

On 4/6/2018 at 11:51 AM, mercman24 said:

i see lots of russians of that age in Pattaya, for a long time, they cant be on holiday, and certainly not on retirement visas lol .well its obvious to me, but not to mr plod it would seem, why not have a purge on this lot and give the colourdes  a rest.

It was an open secret that Russian prostitutes flew into U-tapao from Moscow already a long time ago, many not even having a passport/visa. Thai men paid a lot of money for them. 

On 4/6/2018 at 11:51 AM, mercman24 said:

i see lots of russians of that age in Pattaya, for a long time, they cant be on holiday, and certainly not on retirement visas lol .well its obvious to me, but not to mr plod it would seem, why not have a purge on this lot and give the colourdes  a rest.

It was an open secret that Russian prostitutes flew into U-tapao from Moscow already a long time ago, many not even having a passport/visa. Thai men paid a lot of money for them. 

• 3 months later...