The Ghost of Common Sense Missing

The Ghost of Professionalism Past

The Ghost of Nonreality

The Ghost of Publicity

The Ghost of Boredom

The Ghost of Spirits of the Mind

The Ghost of Lost Integrity

7 hours ago, barefootbangkok said:

Many Thais believe in ghosts so perhaps there is a good reason for this. After all, many more people have died than are living...

Last I heard, there are more people alive today than have ever died....

Sorry, just checked my facts, it seems there are about 15 dead for every one living. Good story, though.

Edited by Grusa
Factual update and revision

I don't believe in god nor in ghosts as i've been raised in the educational system of an occidental developed country but my wife strongly believes in ghosts, she told me she actually saw one at night in her village many years ago when she was a youngster. I respect her beliefs and I imagine it would be fun if there was a whole entire world of ghosts that we can't see  but who would live their own lives among us, have their ghost police and thieves, ghost football teams (though some of you .would say that PSG is already a ghost football team in CL...), ghost Nigerian scammers and last but not least ghost bar girls hanging on with ghost expats... how funny...

5 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:
10 hours ago, jak2002003 said:
Plenty of people back Europe and America that believe in Ghosts, superstitions, and zombie Jesus rising form the dead.

Most of those participate in religion for cultural reasons without taking too serious.

Oh yeah ? And in this batch of reasonable/rational people, you would include the millions of Americans living in what's known as 'Jesusland', who regularly attend mass hysterical rallies where vociferous preachers manipulate the public, make people roll on the floor, speak 'in tongues' and go generally berserk ? Compared to these shows of mass hysteria, I find Thai superstitions pretty inocuous.

Edited by Yann55
  • Thanks 1

My old lady's uncle passed away. His son showed a picture of himself  taken from his fathers house a few days after he died. In that picture was his son standing and on his shoulder rested a skelatoral looking hand like his dead father standing with hand on his son's shoulder. I only know what I saw. I'm not a firm believer but........ some things can't be explained.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Most of those participate in religion for cultural reasons without taking too serious.

In your opinion.

I think most Christians will actually believe in God, Jesus and the Devil, and an afterlife, and most will pray to God believing he is listening and will answer the prayer.  I know a few Americans who believe in Aliens visiting earth and all the conspiracy theories etc.  There are also plenty of Westerners who believe in Ghosts and spirits... and astrology etc.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I think most Christians will actually believe in God, Jesus and the Devil, and an afterlife, and most will pray to God believing he is listening and will answer the prayer. 

But maybe Christians would believe in god, Jesus and the Devil,,,etc.. If god sent his son to earth wouldn't that make Jesus an alien? Plenty of westerners do believe in ghosts and spirits; true. Maybe the Christians!

One day my wife hung my Liverpool shirt. with a sign saying "No man lives here," outside on the fence, to ward off the 'Widow Ghost'. I have to say it worked the first night. I wrote my own sign, and  quietly put it next to the shirt for the second night. The following morning some Thais were calling my wife to explain. She couldn't, so she asked me to read it. "Old farang lives here - Widow Ghost welcome." Not best farang in the village for a while after that!!

On 08/04/2018 at 6:02 AM, jak2002003 said:

Plenty of people back Europe and America that believe in Ghosts, superstitions, and zombie Jesus rising form the dead.

There is a long long list of credible scientists who have carried out research into what we call 'ghosts'

John Logie bird (inventor of tv) William crookes  (inventor of cathode tube used in xrays) Charles richer (won the Nobel prize for medicine) oliver lodge and Henri hertz ( who discovered how to detect and transmit radio waves) Alfred wallace ( Darwin sidekick who help formulate the theory of natural selection) then there is Sir Arthur conan doyle) not to forget Einstein himself - these guys all carried out research and became believers in a spirit world - but these guys were all nuts right?

49 minutes ago, Davmaac said:

There is a long long list of credible scientists who have carried out research into what we call 'ghosts'

John Logie bird (inventor of tv) William crookes  (inventor of cathode tube used in xrays) Charles richer (won the Nobel prize for medicine) oliver lodge and Henri hertz ( who discovered how to detect and transmit radio waves) Alfred wallace ( Darwin sidekick who help formulate the theory of natural selection) then there is Sir Arthur conan doyle) not to forget Einstein himself - these guys all carried out research and became believers in a spirit world - but these guys were all nuts right?

If they spend lots of money and time on researching ghosts.. and now believe in the 'spirit world', then, yes, they are nuts.  

Also, where do you get your evidence Einstein (and the others) actually believe in Ghosts?

Edited by jak2002003

I have an Amulet that will protect you against ghosts in Ambulances.....

You can buy it for 5000 B (1 Year subscribtion/Updates are  included)...
Thereafter 1000 B/Year.....

Guarantee to get money back in next life, if a ghost kill you  in an ambulance....

:cheesy::cheesy:

6 hours ago, Media1 said:

well l.do believe in the after life. I have had a experience and was a non believer previously

I'd like to know more about this Media1. Can't beat personal experiences on TVForum..

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

instead of playing with their cell phone the Emergency Responders should take care of patients,
would result in lesser DoA rate.

Edited by KKr