Total sex education key to tackle teen pregnancy, lay foundation for love

rooster59

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ignoring the fact I'd think that should be 'sex', rather than 'sexuality', I'm surprised that this is legally required.

I have asked my son about this before, he told me there is no sex education in his school at all. The issue seems to be avoided at all costs.

There again who is going to enforce the law - the police? Not unless they can make some money out of doing so.

edit:

Thinking about it, perhaps it wasn't a grammatical error, using the word 'sexuality'.

Being Thailand perhaps their idea is to teach them how to choose what sex they would like to be - selecting one of the LGBT options. That's a subject which can be more openly discussed, while ignoring the more important issue.

As for the previous post about priests not having sex - catholic priests seem to have the reputation of the ones having the most illicit sex with their parishioners.

Being Thailand perhaps their idea is to teach them how to choose what sex they would like to be - selecting one of the LGBT options. 

As a dad to five, I sincerely hope not. Options? You can't choose a sex or gender like choosing the contents of your school lunchbox. The overwhelming majority of  boys will happily become young men after puberty and and the girls young women.

Of the tiny minority of pre-pubescent youngsters who have doubts about their sex and gender matching, 80 per cent  will end up with both of them happily in sync. Of the remainder, an unfortunate few may be afflicted by a condition known as gender dysphoria, for which a variety of treatments is available, and often other psychological problems.

The last thing we should wish to do do is foster more confusion in very young children about their sex and gender - and we certainly shouldn't be teaching them, as it appears to be the intention, to start "negotiating" sex at the tender age of five. Nor should we be influenciong them into  choosing a lift-down-and-dust gender identity from a list of over 70 currently being touted by transgender movement activists.

Let kids enjoy the ephemeral innocent of childhood at least until they reach the age where innocence and ignorance are a liability.  

Edited by Krataiboy

So just who in Thailand would dare broach the subject of sex education here in the classroom?

It's almost a taboo issue......my guess would be handing out boxes of condoms to the students at the end of each class......or warnings not to try sex before marriage.

Certainly no-one could write the curriculum with much frankness!

49 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

So just who in Thailand would dare broach the subject of sex education here in the classroom?

It's almost a taboo issue......my guess would be handing out boxes of condoms to the students at the end of each class......or warnings not to try sex before marriage.

Certainly no-one could write the curriculum with much frankness!

I know just who could do it - Mechai Viravaidya. He ran an enormously successful family planning campaign promoting condom use in the 1970s:

https://www.ted.com/talks/mechai_viravaidya_how_mr_condom_made_thailand_a_better_place#t-16637

• Like 1

The LOS government just needs to issue a lot of condoms to their police men,teachers,and government officials to cut the underage pregnances down by half.OH yes,tell them to propperly emburse these kids for their forced services.