Abhisit says the NCPO’s only achievement is to maintain peace and order

rooster59

Abhisit says the NCPO’s only achievement is to maintain peace and order

Abhisit.png

The major achievement of the National Council for Peace and Order in the past four years since the coup 2014 was putting an end to political violence and maintaining peace and order in the country, said Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva on Saturday (Apr 14).

Noting that there are still many unfinished jobs, above all, reforms to lay down the foundation and to set policies for sustainable national development, he said he wished the NCPO support and success in accomplishing the task within the remaining period of time so the country could move forward.

Abhisit said he found several NCPO’s policies were meant to address immediate problems, citing the economic policies which, he criticized, have failed to address the fundamentals of the majority despite trillions of budget had been spent.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/abhisit-says-ncpos-achievement-maintain-peace-order/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-15

10 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Yep, Peace and Order as opposed to Peace and Prosperity, the more common American (and other nations?) pairing of the "peace" word.

Is there any wonder why Thailand may be in fear of being in the theoretical, developing country "middle income trap"?

It already is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

Yep, Peace and Order as opposed to Peace and Prosperity, the more common American (and other nations?) pairing of the "peace" word.

Is there any wonder why Thailand may be in fear of being in the theoretical, developing country "middle income trap"?

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

It already is.

Thanks. I guess so and little wonder if it stays in the MIT for a long time without a massive shift of culture, huh?

Peace and Order!

Edited by MaxYakov

16 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

There needs to be an almighty purge.

Congratulations! you have managed to sum up ALL politics in one short statement, most spend their whole lives trying to make sense & justify their viewpoint of a system that is so deeply corrupt it can never work until their is a "almighty purge"

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Sometimes without an actual exchange of cash but not always.

Reminds me of the Godfather (aka Mafia) Don Vito Corleone:

"Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift"

2 hours ago, Darcula said:

Something he failed at miserably when he was in power. Unfortunately, some people died.

You choose your words very carefully to create the impression your aiming for.

It wasn't quite that simple.

Edited by scorecard

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Reminds me of the Godfather (aka Mafia) Don Vito Corleone:

"Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift"

Agree. At the top of all mafia systems is/was a single person whose job it was to distibrute franchises which the Commission would support and protect (mainly from competition) in exchange for a slice of the profits - usually with a one-time up-front 'franchise fee' as well.

Ringing any bells?

2 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

In my view, Abhisit and his very obvious incompetence is symptomatic of so many things that are wrong with Thailand. An unwillingness to learn from other countries unless it can be represented as Thai prowess has wrought untold damage to the nation. There's no need for this to have happened and despite all the denials from the 'pooyay', even a cursory look around will reveal the extent to which Thailand has been beneficially influenced by foreign countries, yet xenophobia abounds and Thais continue to be fed on a diet of bogus and self-serving (for some) exceptionalism.

Until Thailand and Thais learn to stop spouting the nonsense about 'being a developed nation in 10 years' and 'Thai could be the Lingua Franca of the world in 20 years', both of them appeals to the vanity of a largely under-educated populace and thereby secure electoral success. Instead they should accept that they are a slightly backward Chinese-influenced colony with very little intrinsic worth and a severe moral/ethical blind spot which has been brought about by . decades or centuries of a corrupt 1%. Then they would be well-placed to have someone lead them into a better-developed state. Certainly Thailand has a lot of HR talent, but at the present time, as it has been historically, Thailand wears its culture (which has been imposed by the 1% for the exclusive benefit of the 1%) like an albatross around it's neck.

It's only my opinion and many will disagree, but I believe it to be at least nearly right. Thailand is under-developed, it's people are under-educated and it's culture is a noose around their collective necks. But it doesn't need to be like that. It's only like that because of the rapacious 1%, an education system that has 50% of Thais failing everything and and an ethical and moral system that directly benefits a very few hugely rich people (which is how they became hugely rich). The rape of Thailand's resources should not and need not continue. Sadly, both are perpetuated by people with guns working according to hidden and self-serving agendas.

True but you could be describing the USA or UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

In my view, Abhisit and his very obvious incompetence is symptomatic of so many things that are wrong with Thailand. An unwillingness to learn from other countries unless it can be represented as Thai prowess has wrought untold damage to the nation. There's no need for this to have happened and despite all the denials from the 'pooyay', even a cursory look around will reveal the extent to which Thailand has been beneficially influenced by foreign countries, yet xenophobia abounds and Thais continue to be fed on a diet of bogus and self-serving (for some) exceptionalism.

Until Thailand and Thais learn to stop spouting the nonsense about 'being a developed nation in 10 years' and 'Thai could be the Lingua Franca of the world in 20 years', both of them appeals to the vanity of a largely under-educated populace and thereby secure electoral success. Instead they should accept that they are a slightly backward Chinese-influenced colony with very little intrinsic worth and a severe moral/ethical blind spot which has been brought about by . decades or centuries of a corrupt 1%. Then they would be well-placed to have someone lead them into a better-developed state. Certainly Thailand has a lot of HR talent, but at the present time, as it has been historically, Thailand wears its culture (which has been imposed by the 1% for the exclusive benefit of the 1%) like an albatross around it's neck.

It's only my opinion and many will disagree, but I believe it to be at least nearly right. Thailand is under-developed, it's people are under-educated and it's culture is a noose around their collective necks. But it doesn't need to be like that. It's only like that because of the rapacious 1%, an education system that has 50% of Thais failing everything and and an ethical and moral system that directly benefits a very few hugely rich people (which is how they became hugely rich). The rape of Thailand's resources should not and need not continue. Sadly, both are perpetuated by people with guns working according to hidden and self-serving agendas.

True but you could be describing the USA or UK.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And it's a long-shot but I'm hoping the new younger folks forming parties make a noticed mark at the next elections and build on it quickly, one aim being to dislodge the hard-core ruthless corrupt dinosaurs and their cronies and within a few years make them totally irrelevant and hated.

As hard as it seems to credit, the current crowd seem to be making the same mistake as the previous Dem and Army crowds. They don't seem to understand the 11th commandment: One day the party will end. so plan on surviving that day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

I've lived in both places, and while neither is perfect, I do not recognise either place as being the slightest bit similar to Thailand

I think they re all similar in they all have corrupt politicians with ulterior motives :shock1: