Thai masseur accused of raping tourist

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai masseur accused of raping tourist

n5.jpeg

A 27-year-old Thai masseur was arrested early on Sunday for allegedly raping a Taiwanese tourist during an April 12 massage session at the shop in downtown Bangkok but the man claimed the sex was consensual and the customer even gave him a Bt100 tip.

Following news reports by Taiwanese media about the alleged rape on April 12 evening for which the victim lodged a police complaint on April 13 afternoon, Thong Lor police superintendent Pol Colonel Khajornpong Jitpakphum said the suspect Phuriwat Thienchai was summoned for questioning and to hear the charge.  

Police said the victim and her friend had a foot massage in the shop’s ground floor before going to separate rooms upstairs for a body massage.  The victim accused the masseur of molesting her and raping her. 

After the alleged attack, the man went downstairs to continue his work, while the victim paid the massage fee and went to rest at a hotel before filing the police complaint the following day, police said. She was sent for examination to Police General Hospital.  

Khajornpong said police inspected the scene and summoned the suspect to testify and hear the charge.  Khajornpong said the suspect reportedly admitted to having sex with the tourist but claimed it was consensual.  The suspect told police that after the massage, the woman came down to wait for her friend, paid the Bt200 massage fee and even gave him a Bt100 tip.  

However, police filed the charge of rape against him and appointed him to meet the case investigator again on April 21 for further procedure.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343205

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-15
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Khajornpong said police inspected the scene and summoned the suspect to testify and hear the charge.  Khajornpong said the suspect reportedly admitted to having sex with the tourist but claimed it was consensual.  The suspect told police that after the massage, the woman came down to wait for her friend, paid the Bt200 massage fee and even gave him a Bt100 tip.  

It's, obviously, his word against hers as for the massage room. Just wondering, whether there are witnesses or CCTV footage in regards to the Bt100 tip.

10 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

My wife enjoys going for a massage once a week, but no ways would she accept having a full body massage by a male masseur. I very much doubt the majority of women would, especially in a private room alone with a guy.

More to this story, I think.

Totally agree,my wife or any of the Thai women i know would never let a man give them a full body massage.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Imagine a man in the same scenario. He went upstairs to a private room....I'll stop there because that's where the story becomes just stupid.

He gave her his tip upstairs and she return the favour downstairs !

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, Prairieboy said:
The article clearly states the 'victim' was Taiwanese.

Typo, same, applies to Taiwanese. Surely you know that. Maybe you've never mixed with Taiwanese, Koreans, Japanese

Lol.  Terrible attempt at a face save.

Some typo to get from Taiwanese to Korean!

Maybe you've never mixed with English Teachers.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, Prairieboy said:
The article clearly states the 'victim' was Taiwanese.

Typo, same, applies to Taiwanese. Surely you know that. Maybe you've never mixed with Taiwanese, Koreans, Japanese

Maybe you never learned the meaning of 'typo' either.

In fact this happened to me once...the busty hottie cutie masseuse asked me if I wanted a full body massage, and as I advocate for # free rights for men to strip totally when in presence of a cutie hottie masseuse in private.....well whatever !!....you have no idea what happend next...really shocking !!...

I thought that it was just a bad dream, so to be sure I was not dreaming, in fact I went back to the same parlour the week after,  and believe it or not, it happened again !!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Totally agree,my wife or any of the Thai women i know would never let a man give them a full body massage.

taiwan educational standard and mindset is in a different league to that of thai women who not infrequently swim at beaches in full street clothes.

from what i know about taiwan gals (dated some) and had a female taiwanese surfing buddy a normal full body massage with a male likely is a non issue.

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:
On 4/16/2018 at 12:22 AM, arithai12 said:

Hat off for this a acute observation.

How astute of you to spot that,sharp as a new pin aren't you.

careful you don't prick yourself.

regards worgeordie

you be careful too and not prick yourself

• Thanks 1

I have lived here in Taiwan for a number of years and know what the girls are like here.  They're so timid and scared of their own shadow that they would "never" separate from their friend, especially to go with a guy "upstairs" unless "something" was agreed to while getting the foot massage they had first.  If it "had" happened, she would have sprinted out of that shop in a second and not looked back.  But she:   (1) pays the establishment for the service   (2) tips her "rapist"   (3) still waits for her friend???  (4) waits 'till the next day???   

My guess is she liked him, passed her phone # to him and he didn't call her that night/next day.  The girls are very spiteful / vindictive here (as in Thailand) and fall in love fast.  Most of those bigger massage shops have cameras (my Thai friends say since some Chinese say they are touched inappropriately and try to extort $$ so they install cameras to deter this) so she better be telling the truth but if not, the evidence seems to be against her.   

Edited by mushroomdave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1