Trump bashes Comey as 'slippery' ahead of book release

webfact

Trump bashes Comey as 'slippery' ahead of book release

2018-04-15T164819Z_2_LYNXMPEE3E0KB_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-COMEY.JPG

A combination of file photos show U.S. President Donald Trump in the White House in Washington, DC, U.S. April 9, 2018 and former FBI Director James Comey on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., June 8, 2017. REUTERS/Carlos Barria, Jonathan Ernst/File Photos

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump hurled a new set of insults on James Comey on Sunday, challenging accusations the former FBI director makes in a tell-all book that is due for release this week, and insisting that he never pressed Comey to be loyal to him.

"Slippery James Comey, a man who always ends up badly and out of whack (he is not smart!), will go down as the WORST FBI Director in history, by far!" Trump wrote in one of five Twitter posts aimed directly at the fired FBI chief.

The renewed attacks by Trump came as ABC News was set to air an interview with Comey at 10 p.m. EDT on Sunday (0200 GMT Monday) in which he discusses his book, "A Higher Loyalty."

Trump fired Comey last May, setting off a firestorm, as the Federal Bureau of Investigation was probing possible connections between Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and Russia's meddling in the American elections.

Russia has denied interfering in the election and Trump has denied any collusion or improper activity.

Reuters and other news outlets have obtained copies of Comey's book before its formal release this week. In it, Comey wrote that Trump, in a private meeting, pressed the then-FBI director for his loyalty.

The FBI has long tried to operate as an independent law enforcement agency.

"I never asked Comey for Personal Loyalty. I hardly even knew this guy. Just another of his many lies. His “memos” are self serving and FAKE!" Trump said on Twitter.

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, interviewed on NBC's "Meet the Press," expressed qualified support for Comey. Ryan, asked whether Comey was a man of integrity, said, "As far as I know" but added that he did not know him well.

Asked about Trump's use of the words last week "slime ball" to describe Comey, Ryan said, "I don't use words like that."

(Reporting by Richard Cowan; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-04-16
  • Haha 1

'slippery' !?!   Is that the juiciest adjective Trump can come up with for Comey?

It sounds like Trump is slipping in the one skill he had: conjuring up disparaging names for people.

Maybe he needs a speech writer to suggest dirty names for people who don't praise him.

Trump was operating on the level of a naughty spoiled 6 year old brat.  Now he's slipped to a lower level.  Dementia isn't pretty.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Haha 1

Fired FBI director Comey says Trump 'morally unfit' - ABC News interview

By Amanda Becker and Richard Cowan

2018-04-16T025732Z_3_LYNXMPEE3E0KA_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP-COMEY.JPG

A copy of former FBI director James Comey's book "A Higher Loyalty" is seen in New York City, New York, U.S. April 13, 2018. REUTERS/Soren Larson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former FBI director James Comey said in an ABC News interview on Sunday that U.S. President Donald Trump is a dangerous, "morally unfit" leader doing "tremendous damage" to institutional norms.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1033923-fired-fbi-director-comey-says-trump-morally-unfit-abc-news-interview/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

His “memos” are self serving and FAKE!" Trump said on Twitter.

If true, I’m surprised you didn’t get on better. 

You have so much in common. 

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, jackh said:

Comey, a traitor to his country and an insult to the very foundation the FBI was founded on. He should be shamed to show his face in public.

Despicable man if there ever was one.

I don’t particularly like Comey, or completely trust him, but how is he a traitor to his country?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RobFord said:

Still just don’t get it do you?

0D8B542F-FCE8-4D37-9D9C-2AA3F6EEA9EB.jpeg

And if that law was never abolished you still have the internet arriving not much later. There is a website available for anyone to hear whatever their favored lies are. Humans and greed are the common denominator. Probably the move away from religious principles too, though as an atheist it pains me a little bit to say so.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

interesting... Sounds a lot like thetalk so many people claim to hate Trump for using.

That's rich. The most bizarre potty mouthed bully troll "president" in history painted as some kind of victim. Sorry -- that won't wash. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's rich. The most bizarre potty mouthed bully troll "president" in history painted as some kind of victim. Sorry -- that won't wash. 

I don't want it to wash.  But specifically, what did I post that makes you think victimhood is at play? 

No, I'll be more specific. Trump is president. He can expect to be hardly criticized, especially after beating a candidate all the *experts* assured us would be the next president.  I was also not expecting him to win.

I'm not a big fan of victimhood. I prefer to leave that to people who complain about things like Macedonian content farmers. Sometimes it's rather entertaining.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

interesting... Sounds a lot like thetalk so many people claim to hate Trump for using.

A little poetry, albeit rather basic is good for the soul they say and what better target than the world's biggest buffoon.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

I don't want it to wash.  But specifically, what did I post that makes you think victimhood is at play? 

No, I'll be more specific. Trump is president. He can expect to be hardly criticized, especially after beating a candidate all the *experts* assured us would be the next president.  I was also not expecting him to win.

I'm not a big fan of victimhood. I prefer to leave that to people who complain about things like Macedonian content farmers. Sometimes it's rather entertaining.

You mean REAL stuff like Macedonian content farmers?
Dude, I get it. 

People are entertained by the hot clown mess that is now the American presidency.

But there have been very serious consequences to this horror reality show so far, and more to come. Just get rid of him already. Change the channel. We tried a troll president. It ain't worth it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1