VIDEO: American attacks Thai at Bangkok airport "because his flight was cancelled"

Jonathan Fairfield

The American guy took a signpost of this Thai guy from the meeting point stand, and refused to give it back to the Hotel guide. The Thai guy followed him and asked about this, he merely stopped the guy to ask him a question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think the headline of the Article is quite "off-mark",  The American didn't attack the Thai "because his flight was cancelled".  The American was assaulted by the Thai guy who refused to let him pass so it resulted in a self defense take down.  Let's get the news right and hope the Judge can see through the fake news reporting.

It's always good to look at both sides and don't take for granted what's in the news.

From the video alone we cannot know the whole story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

I have come close to punching one who grabbed my arm and wouldn't stop pestering me and when told no for the 3rd time, became abusive. We only see an excerpt of the event. It's always best to see the entire event.

"We only see an excerpt of the event. It's always best to see the entire event."

This is the real problem with TVF News.

Its more like TVF Detective School, just enough information to arouse interest and get the comments started.

You would think after years of this we should get better at this game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Manny said:

Never let a crisis go to waste. The Thai was touching him in the chest which is technically an assault so I would argue self defense which this Farang is NOT doing. Stupid ****, No ? The Thai can negotiate the highest restitution payout at this point of proceedings, Sure ... !

"The Thai was touching him in the chest which is technically an assault ...."

Is that factually / legally true or just your convenient opinion?

Seems odd that right at the beginning of the clip the Thai guy had the sign in his hand and was impeding the American guy. Nevertheless the American then proceded to attack him.

Odd...

Edited by jacko45k

13 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Ive lost my temper in the airport and on the flight but i would never dare do that !

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

KC 71,Too even loose your temper because of a missed flight is a STUPID thing to do.It sound like you may be close to that category..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

We have all heard the expression, the Ugly American. It has nothing to do about

looks, but about their attitude. There are a lot of the me, me crowd, and this guy

was pissed that his flight was cancelled. He takes out his frustration on the Thai

fellow, then tries to buy his way out of trouble, That is suspicious, which makes me

believe he is not mental, except in immaturity. Jerk deserves what ever he is going

to get in the court.

Geezer

Judging from afar, without proof of anything. Reminds me of Skripal and Douma...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Military person slaps pregnant women =2000 baht fine

American guy throws some guy who is poking him in the chest to the floor =

What do you reckon

I reckon you missed the part about the broken arm. Otherwise it should be treated the same.  

American man beats down Thai man and gets Thaigeezer sympathy, Brit man beats wife to death and gets Thaigeezer angst. Both assaults are unacceptable.

I'm glad you lot are not on the Supreme Court!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, geoff65 said:

Yep agree,typical yank tho, think they can get away with anything in any country just another moron disrespecting a wonderful country.

It's not a typical anything, it's an infantile man who has no control over himself, I suspect he will have some time to learn humility. The UK also seems to have its fair share of violence at the moment.