Woman arrested for stabbing lover to death in 'test of mystic power'

webfact

Woman arrested for stabbing lover to death in 'test of mystic power'

By The Nation

gm.jpg

FILE photo//Google maps

Police have arrested a woman in Sing Buri province for allegedly fatally stabbing her younger love in the back in what she claimed was a test of his mystic power and done at his bidding.

Somkid Changsalak, 41, was arrested at her house in Moo 8 village in Tambon Ban Mor, Prom Buri district, not long after the death of Saneh Wongdee, 38.

Somkid claimed that Saneh wanted her to test his mystic power, which he reportedly claimed had made his skin cut-proof. She said she used a 25-cm-long knife and stabbed him once on the back but it proved fatal.

Police, however, did not believe her account and charged her with murder.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343385

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-18

Ten out of ten for creative thinking. Her excuse could well be true though. Their are a lot of people who believe in this BS. Of course, their's always an excuse when it fails. They tie the supposed advantages up with a lot of weird, almost impossible to fulfil, conditions.

Over the years I read a lot about all the hocus-pocus in Ang Thong, from hanging red knickers on poles, to avoid the monsoon, evil spirits caught in clay jars, spirits taking the lives of men while they sleep, to witches getting messages from King Cobras etc. The area seems to be a hot bed of stupidity. What do these people learn in school except chanting and hand clapping?

Thailand 4.0 my (deleted).

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I am not sure who is the most stupid. Him for allegedly believing he was unharmable, or her for believing it.

I'd vote for the cops if they believed her story.  But apparently, they're off the hook.

As I have reported in these pages before, there are many Thais who pay real money for amulets at certain temples that promise to make them bullet proof.  I was at a roadside stall watching a trader install charms into little crystal boxes to hang on a chain around your neck when a monk told me that his one was to stop bullets.  So, I wondered, why does a monk fear people trying to kill him?

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Over the years I read a lot about all the hocus-pocus in Ang Thong, from hanging red knickers on poles, to avoid the monsoon, evil spirits caught in clay jars, spirits taking the lives of men while they sleep, to witches getting messages from King Cobras etc. The area seems to be a hot bed of stupidity. What do these people learn in school except chanting and hand clapping?

Thailand 4.0 my (deleted).

And I thought the tooth fairy and Santa were real.

• Haha 1