Which westerner would you choose to spend time with

canuckamuck

Which westerner would yo prefer to spend time with  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You have found yourself in a situation where you will have to spend 2 hours sitting next to a westerner (farang), same sex as you, with no other entertainment or electronic devices available.

Which westerner would you prefer to spend time with?

*If I had the ability to add more questions I would have added personality, and probably also manner of dress.

** Keep the bashing to a jocular minimum.

I think the OP should have put his comments about the 2 hour thing before the survey not after. Results would be different. Also let’s face reality OP Canadians are much more similar to and tied to the US than to Europe. 

Edited by alex8912

I do this quite regularly at the Chiang Mai Expats breakfasts on the 1st and 3rd Fridays every month. I enjoy meeting others and helping answer some questions from those thinking about retiring in the Chiang Mai area. Meeting those from different cultures, from different occupations, different life experiences is informative and not a little entertaining as I find most folks easy going and curious (a beneficial attitude when living in any culture not your own).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I think the OP should have put his comments about the 2 hour thing before the survey not after. Results would be different. Also let’s face reality OP Canadians are much more similar to and tied to the US than to Europe. 

Well I agree completely, about the first part.But there is no way to put comments before a poll. It is a design flaw. Obviously the poll question should precede the the boxes to tick.

About Canadians being closer tied to Americans, I think there is a lot of room to debate there. I see us as being a bit of both; but somehow Trudeau got elected, that might have been possible in Europe but inconceivable in the USA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

God bless 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Nationality would not mean a thing to me, I just want to talk with a foreigner who has similar interests with me. I don't know why people get so hung up about nationality. I would prefer though they speak either Dutch or good English.. not someone with a horrible accent. 

Similar age is always good, older or younger is not really a problem depends more on the mindset. 

Tourist non tourist that is a harder one.. i like both again.. as long as we share similar interests its easy.

"not someone with a horrible accent".  That rules out anyone from Liverpool then, these awful high pitched voices??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1