Which westerner would you choose to spend time with

canuckamuck

Which westerner would yo prefer to spend time with  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

I choose not to sit next to a Brit.  Because, even though we both speak English, I can't understand them.

Chummy, Brits have many accents, much the same as the USA...I reckon you would understand ol' Trans as he can, if he wants to, speak perfect Queens English.

I say that because most Thais who are learning English have no ploblem with my speech or...singing.gif.cb08f19890ae21aa0e762ec32070e81c.gif

17 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

Geordies, Cockneys, even worse ! 

I've lost most of my Cockney accent so I'm told by some but they say they can tell l'm from London.

Will have to record & listen to myself. :laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I don't know where they come from but been around a few Brits (not Americans) who had such bad accents that i preferred speaking with the Germans in English and understood them better. This was at a fishing park i visited.. the guys had a horrible accent and were drinking so that did not help much. I am amazed that people like that don't adjust their accent when they speak with people who are not from their area. 

Where i come from in the Netherlands we had farmers with horrible accents but when they spoke with me they used normal Dutch not the dialect that was spoken in my area. 

hardest i experienced was scots, with east london on 2nd place,

and i agree, i sooner be dead than go through listening to a scot again

I like the  Brit and Teresa May comment..... I’m American and was Brit friends birthday. A few of us get together weekly when possible 

for beers under a thatched patio. Downladec a couple Teresa May pics 

from internet had them printed at photo shop. Wrote to James Love Teresa on them hung around the patio......the lengths we go to sling th crap

Generally the worst people I've met in, or on my way to Thailand are British, and that's

where I'm from!

Not sure if I look like a monger (I'm not!) But they always tell me to head for Pattaya

and give me the low down on where to bar fine and how much to pay.

Then roll off all the tired old clichés you read here about ALL Thai women.

Not all British are bad by any means, but the worst encounters always stick in your mind.

I voted for Canadian/ European 40-60, the ones I've met tend to have a good time and the percentage

of" Richards" seems relatively low.

Antipodeans are ok on the whole, but there are a fair few drongoes to match the worst of us Poms.

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 7:39 AM, robblok said:

Nationality would not mean a thing to me, I just want to talk with a foreigner who has similar interests with me. I don't know why people get so hung up about nationality. I would prefer though they speak either Dutch or good English.. not someone with a horrible accent.

Similar age is always good, older or younger is not really a problem depends more on the mindset.

Tourist non tourist that is a harder one.. i like both again.. as long as we share similar interests its easy.

If the OP had allowed girls it might of been Marion , an aupair from Groningen , we spent time together in'68 and I went to Holland to see her. Lost touch in '70. Love to know how her life panned out.

Australians, most are pretty laid back and down to earth. I’m a Brit, but all my mates are mainly Aussies, yet my neighbors (in our Soi) are 3 English, 1American, 1German, and 1 Austrian. 4 farangs came to my wedding, all Aussies, which was a 5 hours drive away. 

Good guys Aussies.

This forum has a severe pro old age bias that has been around for decades now. :smile:

I have to say I get it though. I'm not that old..in my 40's. I find the younger crowd in Thailand to be absolutely obnoxious. They are kind of like the Danny Mac guy who has made the news recently..lots of shaved hipster hairdos, metrosexual tight jeans, and weird passive aggressive effeminate attitudes. I suspect a lot of them aren't just simply quirky but try hards with serious pathological problems.

This isn't a new thing though I remember seeing guys like this from the mid 00's onward when I first set foot in Thailand.

I wish I got to experience old school Bangkok but..ah sometimes life passes you by.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeace said:

This forum has a severe pro old age bias that has been around for decades now. :smile:

I have to say I get it though. I'm not that old..in my 40's. I find the younger crowd in Thailand to be absolutely obnoxious. They are kind of like the Danny Mac guy who has made the news recently..lots of shaved hipster hairdos, metrosexual tight jeans, and weird passive aggressive effeminate attitudes. I suspect a lot of them aren't just simply quirky but try hards with serious pathological problems.

This isn't a new thing though I remember seeing guys like this from the mid 00's onward when I first set foot in Thailand.

I wish I got to experience old school Bangkok but..ah sometimes life passes you by.

Yes, absolutely.

You ever watch any of Dr Jordan Peterson's excellent videos?

If not, I highly recommend them.

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Yes, absolutely.

You ever watch any of Dr Jordan Peterson's excellent videos?

If not, I highly recommend them.

I have actually. I'm a huge fan especially his observations regarding western culture and religion. A true intellectual of our times.

• Like 1

On 19.4.2018 at 1:56 PM, poanoi said:

hardest i experienced was scots, with east london on 2nd place,

and i agree, i sooner be dead than go through listening to a scot again

Strange, me a German, have no problems with Scots or Irish.

Indian and Thai men I don't want to sit next to me for two hours.

Once an American from Seattle was introduced to me by another American friend.

He was about my age, full of tatoos... not quite my style. In the end he turned out to be a wonderful person who was a great pleasure to talk to and to be with. He was a right wing Fox News brainwashed idiot, but he was so charming to everybody. Unfortunatelly he died about six month after I met him.

Eugene, my best friend, I miss you so much.