How many more re-entries by air can I do?

I’ve already finished a two month tourist visa and had one re-entry by air from Phnom Penh to Bangkok. Will have been in Thailand for 3 months total at the end of this month when the 31 day visa on arrival expires.

Before returning to the uk, I want to take two trips - to Manila and Phnom Penh again.

Will I be allowed one more re-entry by air? Eg if I fly to Manila then on to Phnom Penh before returning to Bangkok.

Secondly, flights to Phnom Penh are a bit awkward. It actually seems easier to take a rerun from Bkk to Manila then another return from

Bkk to Phnom Penh. However, this will be two more re-entries by air. Will I get away with that? Or should I just stick to a flight between the two countries - Manila and Phnom Penh - before flying back to Bkk.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Will I be allowed one more re-entry by air?

There is no official limit when entering by air. It's up to the discretion of the IO, so you won't get a definitive answer until you try. I don't think you'll have a problem with 1 or 2 more.

• Like 2

The fact that you are using separate tickets for Manila<->Bangkok and Bangkok<->Phnom Penh (assuming the same Bangkok airport) does not necessarily imply extra entries through Thai immigration. You may still be able to transfer without passing immigration.

If all your subsequent trips into Thailand are short (with tickets that show this) I cannot imagine you having a problem with visa exempt entries. You have not spent an extreme amount of time in Thailand. However, make sure you have 20,000 baht equivalent in cash just in case.

• Like 1

I spent 4 months travelling around Asia, whilst using Thailand as my base, all flights and absolutely no issues hopping in and out, oh plus one land border crossing to Cambodia. I didn't even think there was any limit on the number of times you can pop in and out by flight, as long as you have an onward ticket within the 30 day period.....

58 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

I spent 4 months travelling around Asia, whilst using Thailand as my base, all flights and absolutely no issues hopping in and out, oh plus one land border crossing to Cambodia. I didn't even think there was any limit on the number of times you can pop in and out by flight, as long as you have an onward ticket within the 30 day period.....

It's not the number of entries they are worried about, it's the time spent in the country.

• Like 2

What do you look like? If you look like a normal tourist you will have no problems. That's what these stamps are for. You're not border bouncing but using Thailand as a base in SE Asia. Bangkok is the air hub of SE Asia so it is natural you are coming and going.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On ‎19‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 8:50 AM, swoods58 said:

What do you look like? If you look like a normal tourist you will have no problems. That's what these stamps are for. …..

As there is no rule how a tourists look like this will be very difficult to answer

• Like 1