Video: Yet again! Car driver refuses to pull over for ambulance as heart patient struggles for life

webfact

Video: Yet again! Car driver refuses to pull over for ambulance as heart patient struggles for life

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Another video has been posted online that showed a white car - that looks like a Honda Civic - that would not pull over despite an ambulance behind with its siren wailing.

The poster of the clip - Itthikorn Butsara - said that there was a heart patient on life support systems in the ambulance who was in danger.

A similar situation occurred a couple of few weeks ago in which a red Suzuki Swift did not pull over. The patient died and the driver and passenger in the car were shown to be medical health professionals.

On this occasion getting on for three million people have viewed the clip with people saying, according to Thai Rath:

"Hey! Have you not seen the news?"

The white car has room on the left to pull over but stays blocking the outside lane. Another car further up is also in that lane in the video.

The incident was filmed on a road travelling towards Bangkok and Lopburi according to overhead signage.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-19

59 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I just wish that one day, soon, her loved one will be in an ambulance

needing urgent medical care and some selfish arrogant driver will

block the day way just like she has done....

Where does it say its a lady driving the car ?

54 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Then read the thread about the previous event, where the person who posted the youtube was said to be charged for defamation of the car driver in front

Don't see that thread.

1 hour ago, worrab said:

Usual no enforcement of any laws.

There should be an edict out to all ambulance drivers only to use blues and twos when going to or returning with an emergency patient. Not all day long because it looks good and they should be fined if they do so. 

Then a hefty fine for car drivers in cases like this video shows (5000 baht) and perhaps the government should remind their wonderful drivers that it could be a family member being rushed into hospital, so pull over!!!

Can anyone quote the Thailand vehicle code regarding "pulling over for emergency vehicles"?

Anyone?

I thought the law was that vehicles should simply continue driving straight in the current lane and not pull over.

I found that strange and somewhat ludicrous, but I don't make the laws.