German passenger's bomb ‘hoax’ delays Loei-Bangkok flight

webfact

Bomb ‘hoax’ delays Loei flight

By The Nation

nok-air-flights.jpg

FILE photo

A German passenger's claim to have a bomb caused a Nok Air flight from Loei to Bangkok to be delayed on Friday, the airline said.

The Nok Air flight DD9705 to Don Mueang International Airport was supposed to take off at 10:30am but it was delayed until 11:30am and arrived at 12:40pm following the bomb hoax.

The unnamed passenger told flight attendants that he had a bomb in a bag he was carrying with him.

His claim prompted the pilot to follow safety measures by having the passenger and his luggage taken off the plane. He was later handed over to the police to face charges.

All other passengers were evacuated to check their luggage, officials said.

Airport officials said none of the other passengers were panicked and they fully cooperated with the standard procedures.

Nok Air issued an apology to the passengers, saying it had to strictly comply with the safety rules when someone made a bomb threat.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343581

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-20
  • Thanks 1

Maybe he was trying to chat up the busty hottie flight attendant,  that he wanted to "boom-boom" her during the flight, as she was real "bombastic" ?!!....thus with his german accent and the Thai english proficency, it was misunderstood as "bomb" ?...a misunderstanding really....:sleep:

Edited by observer90210

19 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Incredible anyone would do this these days. A week in jail minimum I'd say.

Plus all the costs accrued by the airline, plus the costs of other passengers (maybe missing a connecting flight), plus inconvenience.... Call it a fine in the region of one million baht. That should teach this moron a lesson!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, quandow said:

Wonder why the need to report a "German" passenger?

So that each of us, who is not German, on reading the report, can say: “Phew! Thank God, he’s not from my country.”

Or if you’re German: “Oh mein Gott! What a f’n Dummkopf! Why did you have to be German? Why couldn’t you have been British, or an Aussie?!”

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Retard isn't the same as stupid. Labeling people as retards as a form of insult as about as acceptable as racism, sexism and misogyny are.

OK, got it wrong again.

But now my dictionary gives me about 30 translations for "Dummkopf" incl. all kind of regional/slang/dialect stuff.

I like "bonehead", often heard.

Must be a popular term :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1