Forum down at 22:30

jackdd

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Vogie

I just clicked on messages to see what you said and went into yet ANOTHER 520 error.

TVF is starting to get unusable once again as it did not that many months ago.

As we used to say in the RAF. If it works, don't **** with it.

Yes biild766 it is now getting past a joke,  damned annoying, worse now than yesterday.

Why do they have to play around and bugger thing up?

Maybe the so-called tech doctor has to try and justify his salary.

• Like 1

I doubt they're doing it just because they feel like it. More likely the authors of the software put out a new version of the software and the admins have to update to it in order to remain on a supported platform without a lot of known vulnerabilities. I'm sure it was a fair amount of work for the admins and a PITA they'd sooner avoid.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I would not want to change roles with the techies.

Close to unusable this morning.

yes nearly every other screen is the 520 error !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It has been OK for me so far today but I have only been on for about 20 minutes.

I wish I hadn't said anything. 

It was lying in wait for me.

I was going to respond to Poohy's last post but when I clicled on it down came the 520 error again.

It is indeed getting worse rather than better.  I have access direct from Singapore ISP and even getting them (the server is located in Singapore AFAIK).  Just took me six times trying to get above post alert to display - but that has been ongoing issue since the 'up'grade.  But then again - it is not the first time we have had such issues.  Sometimes it seems the software writers all come from Lopburi.

Image result for lopburi monkey

IMHO if it takes 3 or 4 days to do a software upgrade then no matter how good the tech doctor is, it is the system and the upgrade that sucks.

The tech doctor has my greatest sympathy for working with this crock.

If it were me I would have quit at the first upgrade.

My guess is it's not the upgrade per-se, which probably took about an hour, it's all the back-end database operations that have to be done after the upgrade. Now if they had simply purged everything in the database more than a year old before they started, the database would be a lot smaller and it would go real fast, but nobody wants that, so while the database is creating the new indexes to go with the new database organization, reindexing all the five year old trash talk threads, if lots of users hit on the server front end at the same time the database can't respond fast enough and the server front end horks up a 520.

At least that's my suspicion, I was never a web server admin, just a system software guy. I always avoided databases like the plague.

Back at 21:10 into yet another 520 error.

I made it bold and changed the font size.

What can I do?

I copied this from the 520 error response

If you are the owner of this website:

There is an issue between Cloudflare's cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). Additional troubleshooting resources.

• Like 1

"Five Flaming Sodas" (<deleted>) its really  getting past a joke now

Why is it only TV that seems to have problems before you say all sites do .... NO  they dont 

• Like 1

A new error for me this morning.

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Connection refused

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 
Followed by, what a surprise, yet another 520 error.
This week TVF has been crap once again following yet another "upgrade".
I won't bother to ask if the site owners care because they obviously don't .
I still get the warning about MY ad blocker that they need the ads to generate revenue.
Guess what. They still get the revenue whether I look at the ads or not, and since the day I joined I have never bough anything from any ad on TVF.

Try again
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A new error for me this morning.

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Connection refused

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 
Followed by, what a surprise, yet another 520 error.
This week TVF has been crap once again following yet another "upgrade".
I won't bother to ask if the site owners care because they obviously don't .
I still get the warning about MY ad blocker that they need the ads to generate revenue.
Guess what. They still get the revenue whether I look at the ads or not, and since the day I joined I have never bough anything from any ad on TVF.

Try again

Yes Crap total crap this week, as you pointed out when George was top dog never had this nonsense.

Maybe if desperate Dan concentrated on fixing these problems instead of his ridiculous blogs.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes Crap total crap this week, as you pointed out when George was top dog never had this nonsense.

Maybe if desperate Dan concentrated on fixing these problems instead of his ridiculous blogs.

Don,t hold back now colin will U.............:cheesy:

• Haha 1

As an example (ignoring the content), how is it that major sites like the BBC, Facebook, Google don't have a similar problem with upgrades?

They have millions of viewers at a time, some have ads but there are no messages to tell you to turn your ad blocker off.

I read the BKK Post on line and have no problems nor do I have a problem reading my local online paper in the UK.

If they can do it, then why can't Thai Visa.

I have just run outside and hugged a tree.

It is similar to touch wood but more powerful.

So far today, Monday 28th May 2018 the forum has not spat me out, given me a 500 or 520 error for the last couple of hours.

If it stays like this I will offer the best engineering advice I was ever given.

If it works, then don't <deleted> with it again.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1