Forum down at 22:30

jackdd

I don't know if this happens every day (i'm not using the forum at this time every day), but it happened to me a few times now that i was using the forum at 22:30 Thai time and the forum's server just stopped working. Then i get the info from Cloudflare that the connection to them is working but they can't reach the Thaivisa Server.

Been going on for many months....use to happen around 9:30pm....but now happens around 10:30pm.  ThaiVisa knows about it....been reported by many in several threads for months....it's just ThaiVisa can't or don't want to do anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is the change of the emoticons/smileys also an intended update?

Apparently it is part of the upgrade to a newer version.

If you select default under categories it goes to the old ones (at the of all of them) when you open it.

image.png.c953b5147238aadcf5784d6a6ad67fb5.png

• Thanks 1

It has been shaky all day and still is - slow response or have to tickle with a new request to get response (just sits and spins away forever when try to access notifications).  Noted another forum using same software totally unreachable from late this morning until now.  

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Forum is still indexing after the upgrade.

I have had the same problem when opening notifications and etc. Closing it and trying again normally worked. 

Agree 

Also the search engine is down

21 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Also the search engine is down

The one at the top of the page is not working. But you can go here and do a search. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search/

It worked when I tried it but there is this message at the top of the page.

image.png.e7a9d44bd6953b4c024e0449d4be45aa.png

Edit: The one at the top of the page does work if you type in what you are looking for and then do enter on the keyboard.

All day yesterday I continually got the 'error 520' screen, today so far has been the same. It has just taken 10 minutes to get from page 1 to page 2 on this subject. 

Edited by vogie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

It has just taken 10 minutes to get from page 1 to page 2 on this subject. 

I just went to page 1 and back to this page in few seconds. Not sure what your problem was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I just went to page 1 and back to this page in few seconds. Not sure what your problem was.

For me the site is running very slowly, sometimes slower times than others. I have done all I can at this end ie, remove all my cashed files on chrome etc but it is just the same. I will monitor and let it develop.

• Like 1

Expect he hit the same spinning (nothing happening) that I have had repeatedly when trying to access the alerts - if I do not resend request it just sites there forever (no time out).  My last request for your previous post required I enter request 3 times before got response.  The last alert got it first try.  Things are very variable.  

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Update on indexing. TD posted in a topic on our private forum it was at 88% a bit ago. Says it may take until tomorrow to finish.

Until you then you may occasionally get the 520 error.

OK, thanks for that. Over the last couple of days I have been getting a lot of random 520's. Don't think I've had an issue with initial login to the site, but when trying to navigate through it, will get the 520. Today has been a bit worse, but if still indexing, understand.

877638197_TVConnection.jpg.7ae1ae1a6c0723b3945ae88c19608507.jpg

Retry for live version usually sorts it out.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

All day yesterday I continually got the 'error 520' screen, today so far has been the same. It has just taken 10 minutes to get from page 1 to page 2 on this subject. 

Yesterday I got the 520 error quite a few times....6 to 10 times.   None this morning so far but I've only used ThaiVisa for about 30 minutes this morning.   I'm talking about using ThaiVisa on my computer using Chrome with a 200Mb speed internet plan here in Bangkok.  No problem in going from page to page quickly on the computer....but as mentioned was getting the 520 error frequently.

But I did notice yesterday when accessing ThaiVisa via the mobile app it would take a long time to display the threads I'm participating in even though a speedtest showed I had a pretty fast 4G mobile connection and other sites were pulling up fast.  Guess that was the ThaiVisa re-indexing slowing things down greatly when using the mobile app, but not really slowing it down if using the browser on the computer.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Update on indexing. TD posted in a topic on our private forum it was at 88% a bit ago. Says it may take until tomorrow to finish.

Until you then you may occasionally get the 520 error.

Thanks. I am indeed still getting lots of 520's. Clicking the green 'retry for a live version' button seems to mostly work (see pic in #25 above), but no telling whether I'm seeing everything I'm supposed to or not. There was one very contentious thread I was following that has mysteriously disappeared, as if it never happened. Not listed in my subscriptions, my posts to it are not listed in my profile, it's as if it was "never happened". Very twilight zone.

• Haha 1