Prayuth Meets With World Intellectual Property Head

webfact

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

gurry-696x413.jpg

World Intellectual Property Organization head Francis Gurry, at left, meets Monday with Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, at right, Monday at Government House in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha said Monday that his “transition” administration would try to tackle intellectual property violations.

Meeting with the head of the UN World Intellectual Property Organization, the junta leader said his government would do its best to curb piracy and other violations.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/04/23/prayuth-meets-with-world-intellectual-property-head/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-23

2 hours ago, z42 said:

Disgusting that people in such high positions even meet let alone do photo ops with such a diabolical leader.

I can't see what they have to gain from meeting him. 

Diabolical leader ?..who did he kill lately ?

• Sad 1

This was just a "marketing" fotoshooting for Prayut as sure he has nothing to discuss with an intellectual guy like Francis Garry!!!!!!

But good to be shown in all the newspapers!!!!!!!

He want to be again in the position of a PM, now "elected" and still with article 44 in his hand!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Like the attraction of opposite poles of a magnet, only in this case, it's opposite ends of the intellectual scale. The look on Mr Gurry's face says it all . . . but why our 'was a soldier but now a politician' PM chooses to wear army gear for this meeting of minds - well, one mind, at least - rather than his third or forth fresh blouse of the day, has me puzzled.

What will he wear on election day, I wonder? His batman cape may well be the first thing he grabs, as he and the Gold Watch Wonder try to slip away quietly in the Pratmobile . . . yeahhh, that'd be good.

Edited by Ossy
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Dad was a Patent Agent (and Einstein worked in a Patent office) 

problem with Thailand is they don’t give a shit 

microsoft - what’s that - we invented it along with Eebola cure along with HIV etc 

I’ve never been into a school that has original copy of windows (pay license fee) 

at Mai Sot border there’s a big sign saying counterfeit goods will be seized and owner prosecuted- next thing IO puts on blank CD playing all the latest UK /USA - priceless 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ossy said:

And I like how the kid at the back is more engrossed with his Twitter 'likes' . . . what an absolute gem he is.

You know, as well as I, that he's the interpreter, and he's trying to put a sentence together to tell the P.M. what Mr Gurry thinks of him. What do ya think?

1 minute ago, cookieqw said:

i thought he had resigned from the army   -   but still addressed as general ?

He holds the rank even after he ceases to be army chief. Vaguely similar to General James Mattis. Very vaguely.

"Prayuth Meets With World Intellectual Property Hea..."

sorry, try again:

"Prayuth Meets With

World Intellectual Property..."

no, and again:

"Prayuth Meets With World Intellectual..."

No, it's no use. Just can't keep a straight face, keep coming over all giggly...

• Haha 1

The kid at the back is secretly checking Mr Gurry's schedule, just to make sure that MBK, Panthip Plaza and Patpong aren't on his agenda.

And Prayuth's smug look is surely because he cleverly arranged the meeting on a Monday, when the market stalls aren't out.

Feel free to google on WIPO+ Gurry +corruption. And you are going to see that these two might have had and interesting exchange. He used to be great scholar and lost himself in politics..

He also enjoys appearing on media with dictators. Enjoys other things too.

image.png.b2bc11690b616cc2943c564923c90f93.png

Edited by KiChakayan

49 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Feel free to google on WIPO+ Gurry +corruption. And you are going to see that these two might have had and interesting exchange. He used to be great scholar and lost himself in politics..

He also enjoys appearing on media with dictators. Enjoys other things too.

image.png.b2bc11690b616cc2943c564923c90f93.png

Interesting - I should imagine this fellow feels quite at home meeting government officials here...

Shocked and horrified that this sort of thing could go on in the UN!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1