April 25, 20188 yr On 23/04/2018 at 6:21 PM, giddyup said: For cryin' out loud, doesn't anybody know how to use a Search function? There's also a big, bold, Thai Drivers Licence Checklist at the top of the page. https://www.dlt.go.th/en/renew-license/ just what i thought
April 26, 20188 yr I have just looked at the web site explaining how to renew license. number 4 is so confusing. can somebody try to explain....i have a valid thai license now.
April 26, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, Jack james said: .i have a valid thai license now. Then para 4 does not apply to you It applies to foreigners who no longer have a valid DL from their home country and details that they have to take a driving as well as a written test
April 26, 20188 yr Can anyone tell me if I can renew my DL before the expire date and how long before it expires I can renew. Mine expires on the 14th May, I have an appointment at the British embassy that day. So I can't do it on the 14th. Thanks in advance.
April 26, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, remobb said: Can anyone tell me if I can renew my DL before the expire date and how long before it expires I can renew. Mine expires on the 14th May, I have an appointment at the British embassy that day. So I can't do it on the 14th. Thanks in advance. I've read you can renew 2 months before expiration date.
April 26, 20188 yr 13 minutes ago, Max66 said: I've read you can renew 2 months before expiration date. 3 months. Quite sure as I once took the effort to find it in Thai language on the DLT website. It's not described in English. 1 hour ago, remobb said: Mine expires on the 14th May, I have an appointment at the British embassy that day. So I can't do it on the 14th. Why you worry? 3 months before and up to one year after expiry. Do you hold a 2 year temporary or a 5 year (normal) license? If 5 year to 5 year go on May 15th (by taxi/bus if you are concerned) or a later day. Edited April 26, 20188 yr by KhunBENQ
April 27, 20188 yr @remobb Be informed that May 14th is this years "Royal Ploughing Ceremony" which is a holiday for government workers. So it wouldn't make sense to try on this day anyway.
April 27, 20188 yr Thanks for your replies guys. I actually went today and all is done. 2 1/2 hours total.
April 28, 20188 yr On 27/04/2018 at 12:19 PM, remobb said: Thanks for your replies guys. I actually went today and all is done. 2 1/2 hours total. Good. Did you happen to find out how soon can you renew prior to expiration? And did you need a tm 30 and a copy of your lease? Thanks. Edited April 28, 20188 yr by Max66 Ck
April 29, 20188 yr 20 hours ago, Max66 said: Good. Did you happen to find out how soon can you renew prior to expiration? And did you need a tm 30 and a copy of your lease? Thanks. Hi Max66. My renewal was rather easy because I have a work permit. All I needed was my current Thai driving licence and my passport, photo copies of each. I took a medical cert but they didn't even look at it. Cost was 505baht. Still had to do the eye and response tests and watch the movie. That was it. They take your photo you pay and all done. With the movie and ques took about 2 hours. Mine was due on the 12 May and had no problem. Other than that sorry, I didn't check how soon one can renew.
April 29, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, remobb said: Hi Max66. My renewal was rather easy because I have a work permit. All I needed was my current Thai driving licence and my passport, photo copies of each. I took a medical cert but they didn't even look at it. Cost was 505baht. Still had to do the eye and response tests and watch the movie. That was it. They take your photo you pay and all done. With the movie and ques took about 2 hours. Mine was due on the 12 May and had no problem. Other than that sorry, I didn't check how soon one can renew. Thanks remobb. Glad everything went smooth.
May 13, 20188 yr On 4/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, KhunBENQ said: ...... 3 months before and up to one year after expiry...... i'll be renewing 2-yr to 5-yr, but will be outside the kingdom during the entire 3 month window. during this 1- year period after expiry do the requirements remain the same? == res.cert. from immigration/embassy letter, health cert., thai license, fee. no need to take the theory test unless license expired > one year? (from DLT website, just confirming)
May 13, 20188 yr 3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said: during this 1- year period after expiry do the requirements remain the same? == res.cert. from immigration/embassy letter, health cert., thai license, fee. Yes, unchanged. 3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said: no need to take the theory test unless license expired > one year? (from DLT website, just confirming) Yes, no theory test if expired less than one year. Physical tests as usual.
May 13, 20188 yr read now trough all pages here lol. But didn't came to any conclusion. Did anyone renew his 2 years Thai driver license in Bangkok and knows which papers to bring? Can't be same as the first time getting the license or? Thanks
Create an account or sign in to comment