what paperwork to renew a thai DL ?

chubby

A poster asked a question  (this is a forum)   an answer from another poster  quote (for crying out loud)  amazing clever cloggs on here.  We are supposed to help.. I bet the "crying out loud " poster does not know -the highest mountain in Russia------Think Mr Know It All.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nahkbin said:

Jacko you are one of the reasons I don't like Thai Visa.    Do you know how to be polite?

Yes I do, but that is neither here nor there. You could put me on 'ignore' and enjoy TV better perhaps. Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Read the topic. You know what pisses me off? Even when you supply people with the info they could easily find for themselves if they weren't so goddam lazy, they never come back to thank you.

quote--Pisses you off  ??  if posters are so stupid why don't you look for a more intelligent forum, dragging yourself down to our level--do not be pissed off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ginjag said:

A poster asked a question  (this is a forum)   an answer from another poster  quote (for crying out loud)  amazing clever cloggs on here.  We are supposed to help.. I be the "crying out loud " poster does not know -the highest mountain in Russia------Think Mr Know It All.

There is a big, bold header at the top of the page that gives all the relevant info about obtaining and renewing a Thai drivers licence, but it seems that's too hard to read and some people need their hands held. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't someone asking exactly the same questions at least every week. BTW if I want to know the highest mountain in Russia, I Google it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ginjag said:

quote--Pisses you off  ??  if posters are so stupid why don't you look for a more intelligent forum, dragging yourself down to our level--do not be pissed off.

Fortunately there's a few diamonds among all the coal.

• Like 1

Just now, giddyup said:

There is a big, bold header at the top of the page that gives all the relevant info about obtaining and renewing a Thai drivers licence, but it seems that's too hard to read and some people need their hands held. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't someone asking exactly the same questions at least every week. BTW if I want to know the highest mountain in Russia, I Google it.

Some posters maybe slow in reading the jargon --some are elderly--some want an easier version than the Thai script--there are persons that do not think the same as you, why do you not understand this.

Just now, ginjag said:

Some posters maybe slow in reading the jargon --some are elderly--some want an easier version than the Thai script--there are persons that do not think the same as you, why do you not understand this.

I'm 76, being old doesn't equate to being stupid. What Thai script, the info is in English.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

With your knowledge you should not have to google it.    So if these lazy people as you call them along with another poster pisses you off, leave the forum, try to be nice tomorrow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm 76, being old doesn't equate to being stupid. What Thai script, the info is in English.

You are so superior are you not---The poster may not be as STUPID as you think--just thought of connecting with other forum posters.   Easy man --enjoy the forum.     Maybe it would be better if we did not have a forum and just had a site that gives details of all we want to know.  Like the one you pointed out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's perfectly clear and easily understood. It lists exactly what the requirements are, so stop making pathetic excuses.

No excuses I try to  be considerate to all, but your attitude is poor,   Were you one of those teachers we all came across at school  OMG.   BYE

Edited by ginjag
  • Thanks 1

giddy: ya, well, thx for responding, I had looked around........ so go to the URL  what does it say?

--

HAVE TO PREPARE THE DOCUMENTS AS FOLLOW

1. 1
    PASSPORT WITH VISA (ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY)
  2. 2
    ORIGINAL PRESENT RESIDENT ADDRESS IN THAILAND CERTIFY FROM EMBASSY / IMMIGRATION BUREAU (VALID FOR 1 YEAR) OR WORK PERMIT WITH ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY
  3. 3
    ORIGINAL MEDICAL CERTIFICATE (5 DISEASES FORM) FROM CLINIC OR HOSPITAL (VALID FOR 1 MONTH)
  4. 4
    ORIGINAL AND PHOTO COPY OF INVALID INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENCE (1949 CONVENTION) OR LOCAL DRIVING LICENCE (TRANSLATE IN TO ENGLISH OR THAI LANGUAGE AND CERTIFY BY EMBASSY IF IT IS N'T IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE)
--

So, despite the fact I submitted these when I got the license, I must do them again ?    5 diseases, and embassy certification ? ;

fwiw, here is what is on the 1st page of the thai motor forum (note  nothing on renewal)   I would otherwise thank you  except for your tone

I renewed mine end last year.

you need to go to a local doctor. And get the drivers health certificate. He checks your chest, BP and asked you if you have any problems. Cost around 120Bt. You need copy your passport, main page and visa stamp

and passport photo. This is in Khon Kaen, I think they all have their own rules. Hope this helpd

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shaurene said:

you need to go to a local doctor. And get the drivers health certificate. He checks your chest, BP and asked you if you have any problems. Cost around 120Bt. You need copy your passport, main page and visa stamp

and passport photo. This is in Khon Kaen, I think they all have their own rules. Hope this helpd

Good stuff my friend,  this is better than the couple of intelligent control posters answering this poster  Good helpful poster.

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

For cryin' out loud, doesn't anybody know how to use a Search function? There's also a big, bold, Thai Drivers Licence Checklist at the top of the page. https://www.dlt.go.th/en/renew-license/

The problem with this link is that although it brings you to the page headed "renew driver's license", right below it says"In case of foreigner, temporary(two year) driver license"

It shows the documentation necessary to obtain your first Thai license, not to renew your current license. You don't need a copy of your IDP or license from back home to renew your current Thai license. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaurene said:

48 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Good stuff my friend,  this is better than the couple of intelligent control posters answering this poster  Good helpful poster.

Except that he forgot to include you you also need to provide 'proof of address' :post-4641-1156694606:

• Like 1

Yes, the link to the Thai Gov site is mis-titled; it states “Thai license renewal “ but deals only with the issue of the provisional 2 year license. (surely some red faces from the ‘for God’s sake/need your hand held’ posters at the beginning of this stream...)

The jury seems out in whether a certificate of residence is required from Immigration (photo plus around 600 baht in Phuket, but meant to be free, I think) or does the slip of paper stapled in my passport stating I have notified Immigration of my address, suffice. My concern with the slip of paper is whether it has an “expiry date” - it’s all in Thai - or whether a photocopy of that will be OK.

I enjoy reading the forum that helps inform and keep you 

up to date on changes. I will admit I’m lazy at times and don’t 

use the search option as often as I should. 

One positive if someone asks about  previously posted it refreshes others memory. I’ve a Thai DL and it reminded me to check expiration. 

Score: 1 to  1 both sides made valid comments 

Ok I’m newmember and probably used search a couple of times in a few months. 

Just now I tried search Thai Drivers License - search did not find

I looked on the bar at top didn’t see drivers license. See attached 

When I get the ThaiVisa email I go to the posted topics of day not

to home screen. 

Suggestions on where I should be looking. Thanks!

AE314767-3649-45B1-8347-BDE7AEAE0DB4.jpeg

C6FBC14B-318C-4DF6-AE26-FA9675B8D5DF.jpeg

32 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

I enjoy reading the forum that helps inform and keep you 

up to date on changes. I will admit I’m lazy at times and don’t 

use the search option as often as I should. 

One positive if someone asks about  previously posted it refreshes others memory. I’ve a Thai DL and it reminded me to check expiration. 

Score: 1 to  1 both sides made valid comments 

Ok I’m newmember and probably used search a couple of times in a few months. 

Just now I tried search Thai Drivers License - search did not find

I looked on the bar at top didn’t see drivers license. See attached 

When I get the ThaiVisa email I go to the posted topics of day not

to home screen. 

Suggestions on where I should be looking. Thanks!

AE314767-3649-45B1-8347-BDE7AEAE0DB4.jpeg

C6FBC14B-318C-4DF6-AE26-FA9675B8D5DF.jpeg

image.thumb.png.18f54fb3da3a545b8229cac75c58d50e.png

Yeah ...i need to renew mine in July. And what's needed can change every 6 months. From what I see as of  Feb. 2018 

Photo copies of PP info.

Photo copy of license front and back

Two medical certificates from a clinic or hospital

Residency certificate 

Fee.

This is CM  information. 

From what I see since this will be my first renewal and the previous was a two year , I think I'll be applying for the 5 year. I'l be going to the place to see exactly what they'll want and post it.

Edited by Max66
Ck