Students Send ‘Bag Man’ Into 7-Eleven For Earth Day

webfact

A nice idea, wonder why they had to get a foreign teacher to do it. In this environment, it could be risky. Surely the big laugh could find something illegal about this. What happened to the 7/11 ban on giving out plastic bags they announced some years ago? 

Is it really 7-11 management that has the bag problem or is it the counter workers being hypersensitive about a complaint or doing it as a face issue?

whatever it is we need to stop this awful practice of giving out bags and straws for nothing.

I do my part and just let them bag it and after getting my change just take it out of the bag and leave it to the side of the counter. Never had a problem with this and the clerks don't mind. It's much easier then having to find the trash can outside the door.

if everyone did this they would stop giving out the bage. It would not be worth the time and labor reusing the same bag and straw over and over, or reaching down to throw each one out.

and each time you do it the person behind you in line sees it and is more likely to do it as we'll.

Edited by Dick Crank

1 hour ago, dictater said:

A nice idea, wonder why they had to get a foreign teacher to do it. In this environment, it could be risky. Surely the big laugh could find something illegal about this. What happened to the 7/11 ban on giving out plastic bags they announced some years ago? 

What ban?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussie11950 said:

Why not say "mai aow teung".

I don't want a bag?

This is the only real problem: PEOPLE

If people understand that THEY are responsible for taking bags, then problem solved.

But I will never expect Thai to have enough brain to think that they should not take any plastic bag.

1 hour ago, gaff said:

This is the only real problem: PEOPLE

If people understand that THEY are responsible for taking bags, then problem solved.

But I will never expect Thai to have enough brain to think that they should not take any plastic bag.

" ...I will never expect Thai to have enough brain to think..." 

What a statement, Professor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fantom said:

Perhaps saying 'us' and 'we' rather than 'they.'

We all have a responsibility to turn down plastic bags, stupid stirrers and plastic coffee cups.

I never take plastic bags except if I have too many heavy things to carry and forgot my own bag.

The only solution to make it work for Thai is to charge 5 baht for each plastic bag, or they will never have enough brain to understand that it's time to change their idiot habits.

I don't want a bag?

I often ask for double bags as some are so flimsy they break and everything falls on the floor (while pedaling my bike)
They can be used as bin liners,soi dog pooper scoopers or to keep your head dry when it rains.

Also some of the shop girls are quite "saucy" when they ask about using a bag they have another meaning so by saying you want two gives them something to ponder.

On April 23, 2018 at 8:01 PM, aussie11950 said:

I don't want a bag?

It's not inconvenient enough to get them from handing out bags to people who don't really need a bag but just accept them without saying anything.

• Thanks 1