Comment: Pattaya branded 'sleazy den of sin' in wake of orgy scandal - give Pattaya and the rest of us a break!

snoop1130

Last year I visited friends and families in England. One of my oldest friends, known him from school, told me that in Thailand, one is never more than 200 yards away from the nearest brothel, and he was describing the whole of Thailand, not just Pattaya, although he`s never visited Thailand.

But this is a general western perspective of the country, including that it`s dangerous, HIV and aids is rampant, disease ridden, and extremely backward, mainly contributed by exaggerated media reports and how Thailand has been portrayed in films and on the social media. Australia is the worse for spreading denigrate publicity about Thailand. 

This is a bad reputation that refuses to budge and doubt it will ever change in my lifetime.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I think in the perverse Thai mentality they thought a swinger bust would  make Thailand's sex image be one of just like minded people having sex rather than  hookers on the beach image. An attempt to minimalize the sex industry here.

If you are correct in your assertion, You would have to chalk up this debacle as an epic fail then I guess? :smile:

Edited by ThreeEyedRaven
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah.  People are idiots, and usually the ones that never traveled make up the worse stuff.  The nutty miserable old neighbor next to my Mom's place here in the USA when he heard I had come back from Thailand, all that came out of his mouth was questions about kiddie sex.  Just amazing what people will latch on to.

i would tell him oral sex is legal in thailand,

and in all likelihood so is sex with a trout if one is so inclined

2 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i would tell him oral sex is legal in thailand,

and in all likelihood so is sex with a trout if one is so inclined

ha.  Its OK.  He has since passed.  He never got to experience a week or two of  relaxing and just hanging around Pattaya, walking here, walking there, stopping in for those foot massages,  sleeping in late, lounging in the hotel pool, eating just about anything from various restaurants, Thai food, Thai barbecue with that sauce in the place in Big C by the old dolphin round about, some pretty decent German food,  won't even mention a soapie massage,  strolling around Nong Nooch just admiring the peace and quiet and beauty.  Then enjoy a little night life, see some cuties gyrate at a go go, while having some drinks.  Picking up some mango with sticky rice on the walk home.  Enjoying the cool mornings maybe having the breakfast buffet at Lek or other semi outdoor places.  The guy supposedly had money but just stayed in his little townhouse and grumped.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

ha.  Its OK.  He has since passed.  He never got to experience a week or two of  relaxing and just hanging around Pattaya, walking here, walking there, stopping in for those foot massages,  sleeping in late, lounging in the hotel pool, eating just about anything from various restaurants, Thai food, Thai barbecue with that sauce in the place in Big C by the old dolphin round about, some pretty decent German food,  won't even mention a soapie massage,  strolling around Nong Nooch just admiring the peace and quiet and beauty.  Then enjoy a little night life, see some cuties gyrate at a go go, while having some drinks.  Picking up some mango with sticky rice on the walk home.  Enjoying the cool mornings maybe having the breakfast buffet at Lek or other semi outdoor places.  The guy supposedly had money but just stayed in his little townhouse and grumped.

i think the sauce was the isaan 'nam tchim tchaew' that has red onions

and some small green leaves innit, in addition to the usual suspects

like chili, fish sauce and whatever else it might contain

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well done Rooster. I appreciate your efforts to stand up for Pattaya. Those of us who live here, know the reality and 95% or more of that printed in tabloids is garbage, miles from the mark.
However, on this occasion, you have to say that the cops really screwed up. As you say, this was just a bunch of swingers having an erotic night out with other like minded and consensual people. It is the cops who blew it out of proportion and the cops who released disgraceful video, showing the faces of naked people who were not subsequently charged with any crime. If Thailand wants to keep Pattaya out of the International news media for the wrong reasons, perhaps the cops and reporters might want to show a little more common sense and restraint, before releasing such sensational stories. Especially when they are essentially rubbish.

Sorry? 95%? You must be joking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah.  People are idiots, and usually the ones that never traveled make up the worse stuff.  The nutty miserable old neighbor next to my Mom's place here in the USA when he heard I had come back from Thailand, all that came out of his mouth was questions about kiddie sex.  Just amazing what people will latch on to.

People talk about things that interest them. That neighbour should be a suspect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately News Corp (owned by Humble Rupert) and the OZ version of Daily Mail (online only) are scurrilous rags and feed sensationalism to their barely literate readers. We all know the problems the better press is having with falling advertising and readership due to online migration of many people. I agree that they will feed on this stuff and of course they won't check it out. Avoid them. I was in Pattaya a year ago, after an absence of 30 years or so, and noticed it is a lot bigger but still much as I expected it to be. You just have to choose what you want to do and risk assess it.

• Like 1