Pattaya is not as good as it used to be.

ubonr1971

7 hours ago, tropo said:

If you paid closer attention you'd notice it's the Pattaya knockers who seem to get "all bent out of shape". We just have fun winding them up.

I love Pattaya Knockers, Phuket Knockers, Bangkok Knockers, etc., I don't care where the girl comes from and and I love bending them out of shape and then letting go and watch them go back to normal.:smile::smile:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

I love Pattaya Knockers, Phuket Knockers, Bangkok Knockers, etc., I don't care where the girl comes from and and I love bending them out of shape and then letting go and watch them go back to normal.:smile::smile:

Easily bent?

Edited by HLover

10 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's a steady, slow downhill with no turn visible in the horizon. Same large event must occur for the direction to change.

I wasn't around back then but expats who were have told me that it was like that during the mid '90s and then the Asian economic crisis happened and it all changed and things reverted back to how they had been years earlier.....until at some time later things started changing again.

5 minutes ago, mstevens said:

I wasn't around back then but expats who were have told me that it was like that during the mid '90s and then the Asian economic crisis happened and it all changed and things reverted back to how they had been years earlier.....until at some time later things started changing again.

The only thing that changed during the economic crisis was that foreigners got more Baht for their money, so they spent easier, and the Thais got more Bahts for that reason.

Money makes people smile.

i think the go-go girls were prettier and lesbian shows better back then,

but the supermarkets today have far and away better assortment.

traffic was a bit riskier then, but otoh it wasnt anywhere near this level of traffic jam

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

The only thing that changed during the economic crisis was that foreigners got more Baht for their money, so they spent easier, and the Thais got more Bahts for that reason.

Money makes people smile.

Prior to, during and shortly after the crash, "normal Thai office girls" became concerned for their jobs, got pay cuts and some lost their jobs. Getting a freebie was never easier if you had a car and a condo. But as you say, we had "loadsamoney"  and we were willing to go out and have a good time and the girls were just along for the "ride"..........Brilliant days!!!

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Compared to the 90s, nowhere in LOS is as good now. The smile went long ago, followed by nice beaches, and now it's all just about money and greed.

Of course, it was never about money and greed when sexpat Farang was going to Pattaya 30 years ago as his currency could buy so much for so little while exploiting cheap Thai labor.

You guys should hurry up to Cambodia before too much money starts flowing in and they wake up too.

On 4/26/2018 at 11:38 PM, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Thai village life for Farangs is BETTER than it used to be IMO.

I moved to Isaan in pre Thaksin days and before investment in infrastructure when many village roads were dirt tracks, there was no water supply and buffaloes worked on the land etc etc bla bla ..

Life for farang nowadays is completely different with a Makro/Big C/Homepro/Tesco etc etc..within 1 hour drive on proper roads. There are more farang out there too if you get tired of watching Thai soaps.....Then you start talking about GSM... 2g or 3g or 4g or 5g...You were lucky if you had analogue!! Then came True and internet....Jeez they are more connected now than in rural Dorset from which I hail!!

Village life rough for a farang ? My arse it is!!

I would have to agree, i have seen my wives sleepy village grow leaps and bounds.  In fact so much so, we decided to move here last month.  Built a house here years ago and only used it for visits.  Only thing i had to do was get the internet installed and get true platinum for the kids.  I have a 7/11 2 kilometers away, a Big C and Tesco big store less than 15 klicks.  Makro at 17 Klicks.  In 20 minutes i can be at KFC, Pizza Company, McDonalds, and a number of farang food spots.  Our local village store is getting an ATM by years end. 

I like the rural life, i grew up rural so its a natural fit to me.  Once my Thai gets up where it needs to be communication issue will be gone.  But there are many up here that speak english, so its not really much of a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/05/2018 at 11:30 AM, morrobay said:

So you "think" the answer is no. Do you mind stating what your Pattaya history is ?

As well as your subjective/objective perceptions in this history. 

Note : Like some others have commented there seems to be suspiciously a lot of comments

from those who have very little time if any in Pattaya.

I have been here for 12 years. The place is okay, but not great. It is too noisy, too dirty, and too expensive. It is also full of people pretending to be something else. I like Thailand a lot and have travelled to most parts, but not all. 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:33 AM, mstevens said:

Referring only to the farang bar scene, it was the best up till the economic crisis, when there were plenty of well paid expats spending large in the gogos and bars. Many lost their jobs in the crisis and things changed, then Purachai really destroyed it. Never recovered to what it was before.

BTW, traffic in Bkk improved immensely after the crisis when rich Thais had to sell their cars.

9 hours ago, Mojomor said:

I have been here for 12 years. The place is okay, but not great. It is too noisy, too dirty, and too expensive. It is also full of people pretending to be something else. I like Thailand a lot and have travelled to most parts, but not all. 

Pattaya is all you say, but it's cheaper than Bkk and more exciting than any other Thai town I've been in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1