Volunteer cop who killed motorcyclist by kicking him off his bike fails to show up to the station

webfact

Volunteer cop who killed motorcyclist by kicking him off his bike fails to show up to the station

4pm.jpg

Pictures: Daily News

The case of a volunteer cop attached to Samrong Neua (North Samrong) police station who was shown on social media kicking a man off his motorcycle is developing into an intriguing spectacle.

Film showed officer Thanaphon Tamphiphat, 39, kick out at a motorcycle driven by Thanakorn Sichart, 26, who had his girlfriend Natthaya Khramsamrong, 22, riding pillion.

Thanakorn died while his girlfriend was injured.

news_wAdYcWcVCY221806_533.jpg

Yesterday at 6pm Natthaya turned up at the Samrong Neua, Samut Prakarn, station and was interviewed for an hour.

Reporters were not allowed to be present.

After the interrogation she managed to slip out the back of the station and escape at speed in a minivan.

The volunteer cop himself failed to show up as requested by his superiors.

He will be given another chance to do so, reported Daily News.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-27

This happens often that police or volunteers kick people from bikes. I have not been kicked off but stopped and forced to cross 4 lanes of cars to get to the place where they fine people. Real dangerous, sometimes you read about cops getting hit by cars and so on. It happens as they have no idea about danger when they cross multiple lanes on foot to get at bikes or cars. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

This guy cannot be allowed to get away with this. He killed the fella as sure as if he had shot him and should be charged with murder. It will send a message to the other stupid cops out there who think that kicking someone off a moving bike is an acceptable thing to do.

Looks to me like he's already got away with it. Why no reporters allowed? If she has been paid off then justice has been done, as far as she's concerned. They're obviously protecting him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

i bet he walks; cops protecting their own

This being Thailand, I am not going to discount that, as we have all seen amazing things happen before. It being so prominent in social media will make it difficult mind. I do see him possibly receiving a punishment significantly lower than what is justified. Doing something this reckless is appalling. My only hope out of this tragic mess, is that the act of kicking people from a speeding bike is stamped out across the force.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

This guy cannot be allowed to get away with this. He killed the fella as sure as if he had shot him and should be charged with murder. It will send a message to the other stupid cops out there who think that kicking someone off a moving bike is an acceptable thing to do.

He wasn't a cop. He was a "volunteer", a civilian.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silverhawk_usa said:

In your home country, wherever that may be, do the police allow reporters to sit in on interviews of witnesses or suspects??

No one mentioned the press being present during the actual interviews. But what you will see in many cases is the press being present and taking lots of pictures inside the station. I think that’s what the poster was talking about. 

As to why they weren’t alllwed do that, well that’s easy. Press are only allowed in to boost the top cops’ ego. The actual crime is just an excuse to show off. I guess this kinda crime where it’s one their own isn’t so impressive for them as they wanna cover it up. 

• Sad 1

Police volunteers suspended from duty after death of a motorcyclist

By Thai PBS

volunteer2.jpg

Samrong Nua police superintendent has suspended the work of police volunteers in tambon Samrong Nua of Samut Prakan’s Muang district after a motorcyclist died and a pillion rider injured allegedly from the volunteers’ operation.

Samrong Nua’s police volunteer identified as Tanapol Tumpipat, 39, allegedly kicked the speeding motorcycle with the 25-year-old Tanakorn Sichart, and his wife riding on it while the couple tried to make a turn to avoid a road checkpoint in Soi Sukhumvit 74 on Wednesday (April 25).

Tanakorn fell off his motorcycle with his head knocking the ground and was seriously injured. His wife, Nattaya Kramsamrong, suffered injuries.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-volunteers-suspended-duty-death-motorcyclist/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-27

9 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

In your home country, wherever that may be, do the police allow reporters to sit in on interviews of witnesses or suspects??

No, but one can assume they are allowed to here at some point otherwise the author would have no need to mention it. 

I believe the deceased man tried breaking away from a police stop.  I'm not sure what the Police response should be to that. Maybe just get the licence plate number. Kicking off bike is a bit harsh. Be safe on your bikes chaps. I'm not brave enough though I do use a bicycle.