Certificate of Residence

Chesterpot

What do you mean by “visa service”... Is this the fee charged by OTain or the price the guy in the unmarked office next to the copy center?... The guy next to the copy center usually wants 500 baht for next day... But some have reported he has been asking for more?

3 hours ago, sfokevin said:

What do you mean by “visa service”... Is this the fee charged by OTain or the price the guy in the unmarked office next to the copy center?... The guy next to the copy center usually wants 500 baht for next day... But some have reported he has been asking for more?

Fees charged by  governmental  agencies in Thailand are generally  determined by the individual person with whom you speak at any  particular office.  There are variables such as what that person had for breakfast or if that person had a bad traffic experience and etc.    It is all a balloon filled with water.   Nothing solid..

That's  pretty much a fact and the only sure fact about fees in Thailand in  general.

It's just the way it's done here.     We all need to understand that.

:smile:

11 hours ago, sfokevin said:

The guy in the unmarked office, yes. Before was 500 baht but there was a new guy and a new price list. Wasn't willing to pay that much just to not wait a week or so.

Regarding a Residency Certificate -

I'm not really interested in using an agent and have a couple of weeks in hand before I need to renew my driving licence.

On enquiring where I should go a helpful officer told me to go to the small Immigration office on the 2nd floor (the one that deals with TM30's). When I arrived there I was told I was too late for Residency Certificate and to come back tomorrow. Does anyone know what time I should get there and how long I should expect to wait?

Regards,

Joe

On 4/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Chesterpot said:

The guy in the unmarked office, yes. Before was 500 baht but there was a new guy and a new price list. Wasn't willing to pay that much just to not wait a week or so.

Your saying that the guy in the unmarked room in the basement next to the copy center now has I pricelist?... He only does one thing which is the “express” residency certificate - so what else was on his pricelist?

Btw... This guy is not an agent... He is more like a helpful ombudsman for Immigration ;-)...

On 02/05/2018 at 4:10 PM, Shoeless Joe said:

Regarding a Residency Certificate -

I'm not really interested in using an agent and have a couple of weeks in hand before I need to renew my driving licence.

On enquiring where I should go a helpful officer told me to go to the small Immigration office on the 2nd floor (the one that deals with TM30's). When I arrived there I was told I was too late for Residency Certificate and to come back tomorrow. Does anyone know what time I should get there and how long I should expect to wait?

Regards,

Joe

9-11am

On 02/05/2018 at 4:39 PM, sfokevin said:

Your saying that the guy in the unmarked room in the basement next to the copy center now has I pricelist?... He only does one thing which is the “express” residency certificate - so what else was on his pricelist?

Btw... This guy is not an agent... He is more like a helpful ombudsman for Immigration ;-)...

It's a different guy now. Didn't pay attention to what else was on the price list but there were lots of ''services''. 

Thank you for the guidance re opening time time. I now have some more up-to-date information.

If you have enough time and are not inclined to use the services of either of the 2 agencies charging 1,000 baht for an expidited certificate, (one next to the photocopy shop and the other on the 2nd floor), this is how it works.

Don't bother with any of the queues where people are renewing 90 day notifications etc. Instead at circa 8pm when Promenada opens its doors go the the Immigration office on the second floor which is in the corner along from Boots (this is the office where TM30's are sorted out). There are a couple seats and chairs outside so take a place as near to the shuttered door as possible. When someone opens the shutter, you can walk inside and take a seat on the right near, to the desk which is marked "Certificate of Residency". Clients are served in order from the first seat. All my doc's were in order and the young lady handed me a piece of paper telling me to return and collect my residency certificate at 2pm on the 18th May. All very easy, no fuss, no requests for "fees" and total time spent was around an hour.

Regards,

Joe

5 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Thank you for the guidance re opening time time. I now have some more up-to-date information.

If you have enough time and are not inclined to use the services of either of the 2 agencies charging 1,000 baht for an expidited certificate, (one next to the photocopy shop and the other on the 2nd floor), this is how it works.

Don't bother with any of the queues where people are renewing 90 day notifications etc. Instead at circa 8pm when Promenada opens its doors go the the Immigration office on the second floor which is in the corner along from Boots (this is the office where TM30's are sorted out). There are a couple seats and chairs outside so take a place as near to the shuttered door as possible. When someone opens the shutter, you can walk inside and take a seat on the right near, to the desk which is marked "Certificate of Residency". Clients are served in order from the first seat. All my doc's were in order and the young lady handed me a piece of paper telling me to return and collect my residency certificate at 2pm on the 18th May. All very easy, no fuss, no requests for "fees" and total time spent was around an hour.

Regards,

Joe

I will appreciate it if you can list exactly which documents you presented to the official.

I know these are mentioned in various places but I would like to know from someone with recent first hand experience.

43 minutes ago, Wandr said:

I will appreciate it if you can list exactly which documents you presented to the official.

I know these are mentioned in various places but I would like to know from someone with recent first hand experience.

Sure, here you go:

1) Completed application form for Certificate of Residence

2) Actual Passport

3) Copies of these pages in the passport - Main photo page, Visa page, TM6 departure card (all photocopies must be signed)

4) Photocopy of your TM30 form (photocopy must be signed)

5) Copy of the TM6 (photocopy must be signed)

6) 2 passport photos against a blue background (sign the back of the photographs)

7) Photocopy of one of either; a lease agreement; blue/yellow house book; letter from landlord

Hope this helps,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm the old fella who did the 500b residence certificates is gone...I double checked room 7 by the photocopy shop and it is indeed 1000b.

Instead i went upstairs and waited in line in the same office they process the TM30's.  About 30 minute wait, then the pleasant girl checked my docs were in order, and gave me a slip of paper to return on 24 May, a 4 working day turnaround.  I am happy to save 1000b and wait 4 days, after all both options require 2 trips out to Promenada anyway.

I just collected a certificate last week. It took 14 days. I was required to copy every single page of the passport and a girl who did not had to go and get it done at the copy shop. There is no charge but there was a timed collection. I am not sure what happens if you miss the collection time. It is 1,000 Baht with an agent but it takes one day. CM immigration stays corrupt.

3 hours ago, bluweyze said:

I just collected a certificate last week. It took 14 days. I was required to copy every single page of the passport and a girl who did not had to go and get it done at the copy shop. There is no charge but there was a timed collection. I am not sure what happens if you miss the collection time. It is 1,000 Baht with an agent but it takes one day. CM immigration stays corrupt.

You don't need to copy every single page which is ridiculous. The copy shop seems to be making a lot of money considering it has monopoly there.

14 days is considered short, I've seen it go up to 28 days. It all depends on the number of applicants during a period.

17 hours ago, bluweyze said:

Wow, amazing the different experiences in the space of a few weeks.  I only had to copy the normal passport pages (photo page, visa page, latest stamp and TM6).  They have either refined the process or a whole lot less people are now applying for it to reduce from 14 days down to 6 days (weekend included) in the space of a month.

I got mine in about 10 minutes, in another province.

I stressed that this was a free service and took a box of durian chips. Good to show them you're not a tourist, with MUG written on your forehead.

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

I got mine in about 10 minutes, in another province.

I stressed that this was a free service and took a box of durian chips. Good to show them you're not a tourist, with MUG written on your forehead.

Chiang Mai immigration is notoriously slow.

I wonder whether the same happened in Bangkok immig.

Archived