How about a spot of windsurfing - on Beach Road?!

rooster59

How about a spot of windsurfing - on Beach Road?!

1524838770132.jpg

Image: TNA

A group of windsurfers looked as though they were going to switch operations to Beach Road yesterday as a huge storm lashed Chonburi province.

Much of Pattaya and Jomtien was paralyzed as flooding up to 30 centimeters hit main roads and sois after two hours of torrential rain.

TNA quoting local authority sources said that the drains just couldn't cope with the deluge.

Especially as they are clogged up with trash. 

Local Pattaya police station chief Apichai Krobpetch was key in ordering his men out to help tourists in difficulty, added TNA. 

Source: TNA

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-28

1524838755032.JPG

1524839490136.jpg

1524838803845.JPG

1524838784772.JPG

1524838803845.JPG

The concept of continually falling drains ensuring a minimum 3 fps self cleaning flow velocity has never really caught on in Pattaya.

I recently observed a 3-street storm drainage project in Pattaya, during which a proper tripod level was never used, and in one case the pipe exiting a manhole is 8" higher than the pipe going in ! Of course it is going to clog up !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 28/04/2018 at 5:21 PM, phantomfiddler said:

The concept of continually falling drains ensuring a minimum 3 fps self cleaning flow velocity has never really caught on in Pattaya.

I recently observed a 3-street storm drainage project in Pattaya, during which a proper tripod level was never used, and in one case the pipe exiting a manhole is 8" higher than the pipe going in ! Of course it is going to clog up !

Totally agree with this comment.  Most Thai car drivers don't know how to operate the left/right turn signals.  Expecting a Civil engineer to understand a tripod level is impossible.  Flood drainage here merely creates stagnant pools in which to breed mosquitoes.  These chambers eventually clog up & voila floods.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:10 AM, mok199 said:

''THIER BACK''.pattaya city returned the flood pumps this morning on soi 5 beach rd(beside the shrine)

Required since that major drain pipe project at soi6 failed. As well as the massive drain pipe above Walking St. Now there is a major concrete area collapse in area between large portable green pump and pump house. The water there is black. About only thing to show for that project is that sorry construction trailer trash mess.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 2:42 PM, Rimmer said:

Good as these are they still seem to be at least an hour out of date...so earlier

( after checking ventusky) and from the window seeing nice sunshine

I put my washing out to dry and 5 minutes later it gets dark and a huge big black cloud rolls over and its all wet again..Ill leave it out hoping the cloud passes over quickly.  :tongue:

rain.jpg.4a8705cea9baadd1c1805dab17452bd4.jpg

8 minutes ago, johng said:

Good as these are they still seem to be at least an hour out of date...so earlier

( after checking ventusky) and from the window seeing nice sunshine

I put my washing out to dry and 5 minutes later it gets dark and a huge big black cloud rolls over and its all wet again..Ill leave it out hoping the cloud passes over quickly.  :tongue:

rain.jpg.4a8705cea9baadd1c1805dab17452bd4.jpg

V heavy around my area although when my wife drove to the local veg' market 4 kilometre away it was bone dry and sunny ( then )

Forecasts don't apply to backyards yet. ??

On 4/28/2018 at 10:05 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Jomtien beach, between Soi 5

Soi 5 is ( I'm guessing) always like a river  when it rains like that...last time I had to go to immigration the road was flooded for a quite a while.

I managed to keep dry feet by  parking in front of  "The Ocean 1 Tower"  on second road 

and cutting through the  "Powerhouse Proprieties Co"  car park which conveniently leads to the restaurant next to immigration.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, morrobay said:

Required since that major drain pipe project at soi6 failed. As well as the massive drain pipe above Walking St. Now there is a major concrete area collapse in area between large portable green pump and pump house. The water there is black. About only thing to show for that project is that sorry construction trailer trash mess.

I think you are saying the "new" walkway has collapsed ( again ). Oh my, where are the usual posters that claim it was such a great project? :cheesy: