British interior minister Amber Rudd resigns after immigration scandal

webfact

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Find it hard to understand how you virtue signalling lefties can stomach living in Thailand  with it's more or less blanket ban on immigration.

Uk, despite its overcrowding, has been second to none in looking after immigrants. If only we looked after our own as well.

I know you'd rather we kept quiet about the Tory party enacting and prosecuting racists policies. 

14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Sajid Javid is the new Home Secretary.  I don't think JRM was ever a possibility.  May doesn't need more idiots in the cabinet.  Javid was a remainer but a fairly reluctant one.  So the balance in the cabinet is still pretty much the same.

A master stroke indeed......

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/28/sajid-javids-windrush-fury-could-have-mum-dad/

Edited by goldenbrwn1

3 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Certainly an interesting choice.  First of an Ethnic minority to reach such a high position (the top three) and with Windrush very much the talking point then you can see the logic behind it.  

59 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Certainly an interesting choice.  First of an Ethnic minority to reach such a high position (the top three) and with Windrush very much the talking point then you can see the logic behind it.  

Certainly can.  As a past uniformed member of,...,public sector,...I hope this is not the obligatory  whatever to make numbers up.  Past experience was positive discrimination led to very unfortunate dropping of standards,supposed to make better, something from Fred Carneys  on show

6 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Seriously...a bunch of blacks????

An alf garnet aficionado!

Okay, I should have wrote the following :
"Amber Rudd, a load of West Indians who were suppose to be in Britain were threatened with deportation. A few of them might have been deported. You are the Home Secretary, and you are partly responsible. You had to go.

I really wonder about Theresa May's position. Theresa May was Home Secretary before you."

So, instead of 'blacks', it should have been 'West Indians'.

Edited by tonbridgebrit

4 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Okay, I should have wrote the following :
"Amber Rudd, a load of West Indians who were suppose to be in Britain were threatened with deportation. A few of them might have been deported. You are the Home Secretary, and you are partly responsible. You had to go.

I really wonder about Theresa May's position. Theresa May was Home Secretary before you."

So, instead of 'blacks', it should have been 'West Indians'.

Actually it was much wider than that.  Britain also recruited from India and other commonwealth countries.  Many Indian families came from Kenya as well.  We needed them all and thank god they came and were an integral part of re-building Britain after the war.  They certainly deserve their British citizenship as much as anyone else.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Certainly can.  As a past uniformed member of,...,public sector,...I hope this is not the obligatory  whatever to make numbers up.  Past experience was positive discrimination led to very unfortunate dropping of standards,supposed to make better, something from Fred Carneys  on show

As cynical as I am I don't think that selecting Javid was making up the numbers.  He is sound and a well liked member and certainly not a controversial choice.  May still has Boris in the cabinet and she really can't afford another loose cannon in such an important position.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I’m not saying it’s not a terrible thing to happen , it truly is. This was all legal immigration post WW11 and was very much appreciated and needed.  And yes I think Theresa May should take most of the flak and apologise for this dreadful mistake.  But please don’t let your blind hatred for the Tory government not let you look at who else would have known about this for many years and why now has it only come to light?    

Remember immigration is the number one thing on the electorates mind and it’s always for control/less.

F577F279-984F-42E0-999D-D8906D986A44.jpeg

Are we up to WW1 1 already? I'm going to have to cut down on the Grouse!

15 hours ago, Basil B said:

The "Hostile Environment" was the brain child of May when she was Secretary for State back in 2012.

Kind of ironic that she coined the phrase "nasty party" to describe the Tories a decade earlier.