photos for marriage ext of stay

18 minutes ago, wobalt said:
7 hours ago, elviajero said:
Just because a marriage is legal doesn’t mean it’s a genuine relationship.

What does this mean in times of globalization, where jobs require to be flexible regarding locations? Or if you are already married for many many years?

I'm not sure thats relevant to the conversation. We are discussing permission to stay for a foreigner specifically to stay/live with their spouse. In this case immigration offices need documented evidence that the couple live together. Being married isn't good enough; if the wife lives in Udon the husband isn't going to get permission to stay if he declares that he lives alone in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Beats56 said:

Why use your printer ink. Just take to a photo shop a lot cheaper.

Do you mean take the wife, and the bed, and the house number to the photo shop?   lol

On 01/05/2018 at 7:55 PM, wgdanson said:

I doubt whether you could actually do a selfie with much of the bed included.

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

R U sure? 

I can recall a report that an immigration office rejected some pics done as a selfie. Immigration expect to see most of the room, the bed or sofa or what ever in the photo.

I did sort of a selfie for our family photo last year. I set my tablet on a chair and used the timer to snap the photo. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure thats relevant to the conversation. We are discussing permission to stay for a foreigner specifically to stay/live with their spouse. In this case immigration offices need documented evidence that the couple live together. Being married isn't good enough; if the wife lives in Udon the husband isn't going to get permission to stay if he declares that he lives alone in Pattaya.

See your point. But it is very relevant to me as it means that an ME Non O based on the fact to be married with a THAI citizen is the most valuable Solution for me (without the need to provide posed photos) .

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, wobalt said:

See your point. But it is very relevant to me as it means that an ME Non O based on the fact to be married with a THAI citizen is the most valuable Solution for me (without the need to provide posed photos) .

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Using an ME visa suits some people, and as long as immigration continue to tolerate it’s use to live in the country it’s an option.