Police issue an arrest warrant for me.... advice?

foreigner891

11 minutes ago, Sprigger said:

Forget Thailand it’s washed up anyway, if you want the eastern culture the Philippines if your  just looking for sunshine Panama. 

Costa Rica is supposed to be good for Canadians. :smile:

There is a statute of limitations of time for all crimes. especially money crimes. Change your telephone number. Change your email. stop buying into the madness. 

Ask a Thai lawyer  (that speaks English ) the statute of time. 10 years should do it. The lawyer will be shady and want to make a couple of hundred thousand from you , so be careful of his scaremongering advice. 

As an extra precaution, don't come back to thailand. EVER. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, greenchair said:

There is a statute of limitations of time for all crimes. especially money crimes. Change your telephone number. Change your email. stop buying into the madness. 

Ask a Thai lawyer  (that speaks English ) the statute of time. 10 years should do it. The lawyer will be shady and want to make a couple of hundred thousand from you , so be careful of his scaremongering advice. 

As an extra precaution, don't come back to thailand. EVER. 

Best advice of all!

• Like 2

The fraudster could also have all sorts of connections you don't know about.

it could have been a third party and you both were scammed, or just someone scamming his account and he thinks it was you because you had a recent transaction.

you could be risking jail time and not even get a chance to prove your case. Police have a lot of extended relatives that interfere with the job, which you don't usually get in countries like Canada.

When there's money like that involved they also become more diligent if they see a cut.

I would say if your nowhere to be found that's usually the end of it, if they are trying to track you down or contacting you it's a red flag beyond the typical call of duty except for more serious crimes.

• The End

I spent more than 40 day's trying to resolve the situation with the help of translator and the tourist police.

The tourist police tried to give my evidence and statement to the local police for the second time but the local police refused to accept it.

The tourist police told me to urgently call a high ranked police officer able to speak English, he told me: Why do you call? .... .... .... I don't understand you. (hung up the phone)

They have no urgency to the situation as it cannot get worst and I have no interest in going to Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreigner891 said:
  • The End

I spent more than 40 day's trying to resolve the situation with the help of translator and the tourist police.

The tourist police tried to give my evidence and statement to the local police for the second time but the local police refused to accept it.

The tourist police told me to urgently call a high ranked police officer able to speak English, he told me: Why do you call? .... .... .... I don't understand you. (hung up the phone)

They have no urgency to the situation as it cannot get worst and I have no interest in going to Thailand.

You have been cooperative and proactive enough to resolve the situation.

You can tell the local police to stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...