What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Sno and Spud 17 have dropped some good tv shows apart from the one mentioned just above this post.

Historia de un clan

Au service de la France

Four seasons in havana

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Hmm, that looks very good.

Don't know if anyone who is not from the UK, has ever heard of Sion Jenkins, who allegedly murdered his step-daugher Billie Jo.

Very intriguing story, found guilty once, had a retrial & was then found to be not guilty.

He wrote a book about it all, & bought it, as I believed him to be innocent.

Even though in his book, he explains all the events in detail, I then didn't believe him.

One thing was, that his wife left him almost immediately, remarried & now lives in NZ.

Think it would also make a great movie.

27 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Bit confused on the number of series.
IMDb says S02E01 just out but am seeing S03E06 and S04E01 torrents ??

I also was confused. Until I saw the post I hadn't heard of Jack Irish. I see there's also

Black Tide (2012)

Bad Debts (2012)

Dead Point (2014)

which all appear to be full length films what I can make out.

I don't know if S03 was from one of the above films? (edit: 2015)

It looks like S04E01 is the latest series (edit: 2018)

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1

I have been watching the WSOP---World series of Poker, I dont play but its fascinating the way some people can read others body language, you have guys turn up in oversized dark glasses hoods pulled up wont talk just grunt, other's very gregarious --pots in the middle of $100,K or more and sometimes they will stare at the guy for 3-4 minutes, say yes/no and usually get it right.

Of course you know all the cards as the tiny cameras pick them up when dealt, & the screen is showing what the odds at the side are as the lay down the extra cards (Texas hold'em)

The commentator going through the Players Bio is amazing, some guys in their late 30s/40s will have a career  winnings in the $30 million or so---. More than some tennis players, & a little better than climbing  into a UFC cage--- and this is their declared earnings, they must attend a lot of "private functions"

The program are 4 hour sessions for 4 days then the final...(which of course is the most exciting to watch) but if your just into finals---you can go back and pick up 2017/16 easy enough

• Thanks 1

Sharp Objects getting lots of buzz now:

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/sharp-objects-2018

Coming soon, a new Sacha Baron Cohen show (Ali G) about "trump" --

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/who-is-america-sacha-baron-cohen-trump-showtime-1201981965/

People that say there's nothing good to watch these days, what are they smoking?!? There is officially way TOO MUCH good stuff to watch. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Sharp Objects getting lots of buzz now:

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/sharp-objects-2018

Coming soon, a new Sacha Baron Cohen show (Ali G) about "trump" --

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/who-is-america-sacha-baron-cohen-trump-showtime-1201981965/

People that say there's nothing good to watch these days, what are they smoking?!? There is officially way TOO MUCH good stuff to watch. 

I thought episode 1 was a bit slow, but will stick with it.

On 7/8/2018 at 2:19 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Available on iPlayer

is anyone having any luck with the bbc iplayer add-on in kodi...i get an error even though I download the latest updates.

can anyone for whom it's working please share their settings...rtmp, akamai, hls etc...and the name of the proxy they're using.

Edited by JHolmesJr

Nice 10 episode dutch tv series out on walter presents....Flight HS13

About a doctor whose plane crashes enroute to barcelona but he isn't on it....ties to iran etc etc. Nice.

Streaming very well via neptune rising.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I could be fairly satisfied just watching Netflix for $8.00 US a month. However, with streaming on free sites as well, I can't keep up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

is anyone having any luck with the bbc iplayer add-on in kodi...i get an error even though I download the latest updates.

can anyone for whom it's working please share their settings...rtmp, akamai, hls etc...and the name of the proxy they're using.

I just loaded iPlayer from the Kodi addon repository. Used my vpn and all is working well.

3 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

I just loaded iPlayer from the Kodi addon repository. Used my vpn and all is working well.

mate can you go into your settings and list the parameters you're streaming under:

I cant seem to get mine working. Im sure its my settings

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, Will27 said:

Just noticed on TPB that seasons 1,2 and 3 of Sr.Avila are showing.

It says with encoded hard subs but haven't tried as yet.

They're large files also but seem to be downloading ok.

I saw episode 1 of the first season last year but couldn't get the other episodes.

The first show was terrific.

Summary: Main character Sr Avila, played by Tony Dalton, is an insurance broker by day. He’s not too morally compromised by mis-selling PPI, though, because when he’s not doing that he has a lucrative sideline as a hitman. But, on top of the assignments handed to him by the local mortician who fixes the hits, at home he’s dealing with a high-strung wife and a troubled teenage son.

Sorry, couldn't find a trailer with English subs but you can get the drift.

Just finished season 1 and this is a seriously good show.

It's out there now in smaller sizes with hard coded subs.

Series 2 and 3 also available.

• Like 1

Korean TV Show - Mr Sunshine On Netflix

The drama is set in 1900 to 1905 and tells the story of a soldier in the righteous army falling in love with an aristocrat's daughter. It begins in 1871 when the hero boards an American military ship as a little boy during the Shinmiyangyo, a U.S. military expedition to Korea that resulted in a battle. He lands in the U.S. and then years later returns to Korea as an American soldier,to the country that abandoned him. While stationed in Korea, he'll meet and fall in love with a nobleman's daughter.

Watched episode one - 8/10

Starting to appear for DL in 1080p multi language MKV container including Thai.

Best watched in HD  

On 7/9/2018 at 8:15 AM, sanuk711 said:

I have been watching the WSOP---World series of Poker...pots in the middle of $100,K or more

The commentator going through the Players Bio is amazing, some guys in their late 30s/40s will have a career  winnings in the $30 million or so---. More than some tennis players

A couple of things:

There's not really 100K in the pot, though some of the pros play cash games for amounts like that.  Pots can have 100K in chips, not money.  In the Main Event, players put in 10,000 U.S. to enter.  They can't lose more than that.

Look up Daniel Negreanu 2016/2107 losses, or something like that.  He's teaching one of those Master Courses or whatever.  He's been candid how he won millions in prize money in those years but lost money overall each year.

On 7/10/2018 at 12:12 PM, JHolmesJr said:

mate can you go into your settings and list the parameters you're streaming under:

I cant seem to get mine working. Im sure its my settings

Did you notice tlcwaterfall said he used his vpn?

If you use a private vpn you should not enable the proxy in iplayer settings, just press defaults.

Tv series - El Jardin de Bronce

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this one.

All 8 episodes are available with subs.

Summary: The lives of Fabian and Lilia Danubio change forever when their four-year-old daughter, Moira, disappears inexplicably and
without a trace on the Buenos Aires subway. There is no motive, no clues, no witnesses and no ransom.

18 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

A couple of things:

Hi dukeandduke.......thanks for that, I know what you mean by the chip count--but I think the prize money might have moved on a bit though, according to the guys running the commentary the  winner doesn't usually get under 8-10 million loser 2-3 million. Interesting watching it, (as a guy who wouldn't even buy a Lotto ticket) they do seem to develop a 6th sense ...(sometimes) and a pay off as far back as 560th in that last report.....

A NEW JERSEY man who just became this year’s World Series of Poker champion and pocketed more than $8.1 million says he’s “really happy” with how he played but he’s “pretty tired of poker at this point. https://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sports/world-series-of-poker-rookie-scott-blumstein-last-man-standing-and-81-million-champion/news-story/f96e8c850b797a65f9f2224ec884580a

And back a bit......

In the 2005 Main Event, US$52,818,610 in prize money was distributed among 560 players, with US$7.5 million as the first prize. The 2006 Main Event, won by Jamie Gold, is the largest single poker tournament by prize pool or by entrant numbers in history; Gold pocketed US$12 million for his victory.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_of_Poker