What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 12/4/2017 at 5:33 PM, The manic said:

Been out on Torrent Day for months.  Not worth the wait. 

Sorry but the soon to be Oscar nominee Dunkirk only reached the net in HD yesterday, 5th December. 

The one you probably watched was this one, which is rubbish, and been out for months

operation-dunkirk-2017

Or possibly a cam version, certainly not been out in high quality till now   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bartender100 said:

Sorry but the soon to be Oscar nominee Dunkirk only reached the net in HD yesterday, 5th December.

Its out on Blue-ray HD at the moment....but yes, only came out 1 day ago,

--Yes lets all go and watch another glorious British defeat.... Dunkirk/Gallipoli/Isandhlwana/Singapore--- etc..etc..etc

They somehow make them all look like they were victories, lets see if this movie is any different.......:wub:

• Sad 1

I am not a great fan of nail biting horror movie, but is it worth watching?

I'm 55min in, so far it's more of a drama than a horror film...

Up till now it's just strangers turning up to stay at their place uninvited, cause chaos, murder....then Jennifer's characters husband invites them back...

Just skipped through the last hour and imo not worth the download. Very strange movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Tv series - 4 Blocks

Thought this one was excellent.

Has subtitles.

Summary: Based in Berlin, Toni manages the daily business of dealing with the Arabic gangs and ends up wanting

to leave his old life behind for his family, but as expected, its never that simple.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - 4 Blocks

Thought this one was excellent.

Has subtitles.

Summary: Based in Berlin, Toni manages the daily business of dealing with the Arabic gangs and ends up wanting

to leave his old life behind for his family, but as expected, its never that simple.

I gave it a try but it has two things going against it , its in German(a harsh language) and its full of Arabs. lol sorry :smile:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I gave it a try but it has two things going against it , its in German(a harsh language) and its full of Arabs. lol sorry :smile:

Maybe the summary saying it was in Berlin and had Arab gangs might've given you a clue what it was about.

• Like 1

Coco.

Now in Thai theaters.

Pixar animation. 

For kids but definitely for adults too.

I think it's a richer experience if you know about Mexican culture, but not necessary. 

I didn't know much about it going in except for the Mexican Day of Dead theme. I hadn't realized it was a total TEAR JERKER.

I read a review saying American kids were getting bored in the middle of it but not adults.

Warning -- there is a totally BORING 22 minute animation ("Frozen" themed) film shown first. I thought that maybe I was in the wrong theater it was so long! 

Edited by Jingthing

At the moment under DOS attack so closed the Webb site--but can reach it through its F/B page all this week-end they will take on new members---- if you are into UK TV..... this has everything, even down to last nights Welsh news--+-- it has re-runs all the older programs --Plus it has all the BBC Radio programs...(if anyone listens to that format now)

https://www.facebook.com/TV-Chaos-UK-179987125382355/

Guys I have just the 1 invite to that site--(UK TV) if you want, have to give away as when they issue them its just a 7 day thing-- if anyone wants, it also has to be sent from me by e-mail.....any mail is fine, just PM me

10 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Guys I have just the 1 invite to that site--(UK TV) if you want, have to give away as when they issue them its just a 7 day thing-- if anyone wants, it also has to be sent from me by e-mail.....any mail is fine, just PM me

And please remember that this is a private tracker so no hit and runs.

13 minutes ago, newatthis said:

And please remember that this is a private tracker so no hit and runs.

Oh you are on it--newatthis... yes plenty of free leeching anyway... find some real gems programs..also I like doing some of their crosswords quizzes etc

• Like 1

Just watching Godless the Cowboy series ,well acted and good story .Also downloaded knightfall about the crusades or something like that.what a difference the acting in places is so wooden and sounds as if they are reading off a script. Tried the first episode and a bit of the second just had to delete it .lifes to short

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Found a very decent new film in terrarium last night. 

Pirates of Somalia. 

About a failed young writer who braves Somalia as a investigative journalist and covers the Somalian pirates who hijack ships in their seas.

• Like 2

Found a very decent new film in terrarium last night. 

Pirates of Somalia. 

About a failed young writer who braves Somalia as a investigative journalist and covers the Somalian pirates who hijack ships in their seas.

Yeah but got bad reviews. Did you like it?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Jingthing said:

Yeah but got bad reviews. Did you like it?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am sure I saw an 8.3 IMdb rating. If I did not I doubt I would have chanced it but the overview did appeal to me. It did seem a mystery why or how they do it so I was interested. The Canadian was difficult to relate to, seemed to learn more about himself but overall I thought it was very good and reminded me of a Somalian shopkeeper I know in London who is a decent guy. When he learned his son was messing around in a gang in London he threatened to move all his family back to Somalia. He said to me if his son wants to go backwards he will do it his way, in Somalia lol.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I am sure I saw an 8.3 IMdb rating. If I did not I doubt I would have chanced it but the overview did appeal to me. It did seem a mystery why or how they do it so I was interested. The Canadian was difficult to relate to, seemed to learn more about himself but overall I thought it was very good and reminded me of a Somalian shopkeeper I know in London who is a decent guy. When he learned his son was messing around in a gang in London he threatened to move all his family back to Somalia. He said to me if his son wants to go backwards he will do it his way, in Somalia lol.

Lower than that but I was referring to the professional reviews. It sounds interesting to me though.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-pirates-of-somalia-2017

19 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Guys I have just the 1 invite to that site--(UK TV) if you want,

Its gone...........

sorry to the others that wrote---didn't come back onto TV till late.

--------------------------

Just watched the film Dunkirk. There was not one person seen to be smoking. Political correctness in charge.......... :omfg:

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Its gone...........

sorry to the others that wrote---didn't come back onto TV till late.

Just watched the film Dunkirk. There was not one person seen to be smoking. Political correctness in charge.......... :omfg:

Don't be silly ,no one smoked in those days , and there were lots of people of colour in high society ,as well as Muslim lady's in villages in Britain in the middle ages ,it must be true because there were two of them in an episode of Dr Who when he was in a medievil village in England in one episode .And the BBC wouldnt tell porkys .:ph34r:

23 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

If movies and TV shows have people smoking as much as they did back then, it just looks weird to  those of us who did not experience it.  Smoking in elevators. Smoking in restaurants. Hard to believe hardly anyone complained at the time. 

• Like 2

Tv series - Counterpart

The pilot for this one looked really promising.

Stars the brilliant J.K Simmonds.
Kicks off next month.

Summary:  A UN employee discovers the agency he works for is hiding a gateway to a parallel dimension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am embarrassed to admit I LOVED Kingsman the Sequel....some crazy action sequences from start to finish...well worth price of admission...which in my case is zero.

Other stuff I recommend:

1. Superb BBC Storyville Doco called Voyager The Farthest....stunning depiction of voyagers epic interstellar journey....guaranteed to make you feel smaller than the <deleted> of the tiniest microbe in the world.

2. Acquitted (Frikjent) Season 2...nordic thriller.

3. Dark....superb euro thriller from Netflix.

4. Roman Israel Esquire....my man denzil washngton's best actor nomination for 2017.

• Like 1