What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I have watched a few episodes, but have still not made up my mind. It is certainly OK, but living up to the Shield is a very tall order. The guy who heads up the intelligence unit does kind of remind me of Vic. He is very macho and perfectly OK with torturing guilty prisoners.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Talking of Chicago PD is it light and fluffy or a bit more hard hitting/serious?

Someone likening it to the Shield made me wonder, I stayed away so far in case it's 'just another cop show'

Better than The Shield IMHO..

I like the continual crossover between it and Chicago Fire.

It's a Dick Wolf (Law & Order) show, so you'll see actors rehashed but doesn't really detract from it.

Think it was BookMan who likened it to a catwalk out of an Abercrombie & Fitch lineup, which the rather fetching Detective Lindsay does keep me intrigued.

Not light and fluffy, has some hard grit, don't f*** with my city type policing.

Talking of Chicago PD is it light and fluffy or a bit more hard hitting/serious?

Someone likening it to the Shield made me wonder, I stayed away so far in case it's 'just another cop show'

I like the continual crossover between it and Chicago Fire.

It's a Dick Wolf (Law & Order) show, so you'll see actors rehashed but doesn't really detract from it.

Think it was BookMan who likened it to a catwalk out of an Abercrombie & Fitch lineup, which the rather fetching Detective Lindsay does keep me intrigued.

Not light and fluffy, has some hard grit, don't f*** with my city type policing.

Mr Smith, wash your mouth out with soapy water please.

Better than The Shield......not in the same ballpark IMO.

No, it's not light and fluffy, its gritty.

My favourite character now is the under-cover cop.

The new detective who has been assigned to the unit

is another glamour. All of the glamour takes away a fair

bit of reality to me.

To see Mr Smiths favourite Detective Lindsa,y kicking 6ft plus

crims <deleted> while never having a hair out of place is a bit far fetched.

If you look at The Shield, you can imagine just about every one

of them on the force. Good analogy by BookMan about the catwalk.

I quite like it, I'd rate it 7.5 whereas The Shield was 8.5 IMO.

Problem is there are too many good series out there and not enough time to watch them all.

These I follow though:

- Vikings

- Game of thrones

- Justified

- Blacklist

- The Mentalist

- The Walking dead

- Almost human

I have to say despite geographical and visual errors spotted, I really enjoy Vikings.

• Like 1

The TV series Fargo.

Just finished episode 1 of this 10 part series and loved it.

IMDB: A drifter named Lorne Malvo arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the
population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/?ref_=nv_sr_1

By the Coen Brothers, this one (so far) has everything. It's dark, violent and quirky.
Superbly written and Billy Bob Thornton is just outstanding.

If the remaining 9 episodes are half as good as this one, we'll be in for a treat.
Too early to call as yet for the whole series, but for me, this was the best pilot
I've seen in quite a while.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Stephen Merchent and I really liked that, thought it was very decent

Shame they are not doing a 2nd series :/

Really? I wanted to like it.. Just couldn't..

Yeah, man, he's just a bit horrible, I think that's a peculiarly British sense of humour thing. It's rare sit-coms make me laugh these days but I liked it a lot

I just finished watching Justified, next series is the final series apparently. It's shaping it nicely. Very good show, worth watching if you haven't

Also just finished Orange is the New Black ahead of the new series (6th June) .. really liked this a lot, very Lost-esque type flashbacks as to how they all got in prison.

I go back to OZ tonight, but caught one last one at the cinema today.

Transcendence. Good concept, star laden cast, futuristic storyline, some good SFX.

Has all the ingredients but meanders at times. I fell asleep in the cinema at one point. Not sure if it was the movie or me.

still enjoyed it. 7.5 for me.

ps. The popcorn has gone up 20 baht to 85, baht for the smallest size. They had mango as the special flavour. I stuck to rod kem/salted

pla. New cinema in Surin didn't have any English spoken movies wen we visited. All dubbed

Edited by BookMan

The TV series Fargo.

Just finished episode 1 of this 10 part series and loved it.

IMDB: A drifter named Lorne Malvo arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the

population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/?ref_=nv_sr_1

By the Coen Brothers, this one (so far) has everything. It's dark, violent and quirky.

Superbly written and Billy Bob Thornton is just outstanding.

If the remaining 9 episodes are half as good as this one, we'll be in for a treat.

Too early to call as yet for the whole series, but for me, this was the best pilot

I've seen in quite a while.

It's good!

PS. I predict the bad guy, Lorne Malvo, is really the devil in disguise.

I just finished watching Justified, next series is the final series apparently. It's shaping it nicely. Very good show, worth watching if you haven't

Also just finished Orange is the New Black ahead of the new series (6th June) .. really liked this a lot, very Lost-esque type flashbacks as to how they all got in prison.

loved the first series of Orange is the new black.

Both of these shows are very good.

Justified is one of my favourites. Walton Goggins

is just fantastic as Boyd Crowder.

Transcendence. Good concept, star laden cast, futuristic storyline, some good SFX.

Has all the ingredients but meanders at times. I fell asleep in the cinema at one point. Not sure if it was the movie or me.

ps. The popcorn has gone up 20 baht to 85, baht for the smallest size. They had mango as the special flavour. I stuck to rod kem/salted

pla. New cinema in Surin didn't have any English spoken movies wen we visited. All dubbed

look on the bright side BookMan, at least back in Oz you'll be able to get the "Rolls Royce"

of chips, Red Rock.

I haven't seen them in Thailand so have to make to with Pringles.

Oh the sacrificessmile.png

Have just finished The Rocket 2013.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2178256/?ref_=nv_sr_2

From IMDB: A boy who is believed to bring bad luck to everyone around him

leads his family and two new friends through Laos to find a new home.

After a calamity-filled journey through a land scarred.

Really enjoyed this one guys. Watched it with my significant other who

enjoyed it as well.

To make it even better (for me), it's an Aussie film written and directed by an Aussie.

Recommended.

Edited by Will27

Sacrifices? Holy mother of sweet jeebus! Red Rock to Pringles? Good lord man! That's like comparing Chicago PD to The Shield! tongue.png

laugh.png

look on the bright side BookMan, at least back in Oz you'll be able to get the "Rolls Royce"

of chips, Red Rock.

You know your chips Khun Will.

Lime and black pepper was a fave of mine, also the Sweet chilli with sour cream, not to forget the Original flavour. They do delicious corn chips also

• Like 1

Not in my opinion. To me, The Shield is a strong "A" - up there with The Supranos, The Wire and 24. I would give Chicago a "B" - a good show but it suffers from the same thing as The Blacklist. It has one great character and the rest are just taking up space.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been covered on this thread yet, but just downloaded and watched The Railway Man. Fantastic film about the Thai/Burma death railway. It's been covered in threads on the forum during its making, etc.. It's on piratebay and all the torrent sites in blueray & dvd quality. It's a powerful tear-jerking drama, not an action flick.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/667180-the-railway-man-movie-trailer/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058107/

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been covered on this thread yet, but just downloaded and watched The Railway Man. Fantastic film about the Thai/Burma death railway. It's been covered in threads on the forum during its making, etc.. It's on piratebay and all the torrent sites in blueray & dvd quality. It's a powerful tear-jerking drama, not an action flick.

Good stuff. Looking forward to this one

One of the best endings I've seen in any movie.

*spoiler deleted.

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

Just watched a new series called salem ,about ,you guessed it ,witches ect ,managed to get through the first half of episode 1 ,not impressed. also downloaded 1st episodes of Jamaica inn and the crimson field ,now just need the time to watch them.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One of the best endings I've seen in any movie.

*spoiler deleted.

Watched it yesterday. Really enjoyed, and had a wee cry...!!

I watched "The Bag Man" with de Niro and John Cusak today. It was really good.

Watched this last night. Makes me feel I 'd like to do another trip to Kanchanaburi and surrounds

• Like 1

New TV series 'Salem'.

The first episode is out and it's a bit naughty.

Surprised nobody else had noticed it!

I claudius did mention it a couple of posts up, but perhaps the naughty bits happened in the back half of episode 1?

I'm sick of vampires, witches, futuristic crap. Practically every new series or movie is just that. I know, it sells etc.

Which is why i stick to my CSI, Criminal Minds, Blacklist, The Following and the two Chicagos. Not forgetting Greys Anatomy which i have watched from day one.

So there!!

I like a good story line that i can "relate" to, not some fantasy monster &lt;deleted&gt; that doesn't exist...

(I shall be looking under my bed tonight, and checking the windows). Just in case.

• Like 2

I'm sick of vampires, witches, futuristic crap. Practically every new series or movie is just that. I know, it sells etc.

Which is why i stick to my CSI, Criminal Minds, Blacklist, The Following and the two Chicagos. Not forgetting Greys Anatomy which i have watched from day one.

So there!!

I like a good story line that i can "relate" to, not some fantasy monster that doesn't exist...

(I shall be looking under my bed tonight, and checking the windows). Just in case.

You go Patsycat!

You're going to love the latest episode of The Blacklist!

The Following is grinding to a halt, BUT, the good news for BookMan is that not too much of the first series frustrations persist ;) Latest episode ALMOST had me ready to stop watching but the first 5 mins of next weeks episode will be watched :P

Crisis continues to improve as well

Oh and Hannibal! This is also improving.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2