What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

OK, I see.

Orange, 13 Episodes

My butler went out and will be driving back with all 13 in about a half hour or so.

The only problem with this may be

If the show is really riveting

Then no one will hear from me for about 24 hours while I marathon the whole thing in one fell swoop.

That is what happened with breaking bad

The only thing was, if you wanted to watch all episodes of breaking bad in one sitting

Then you really needed some of that blue crystal stuff to stay awake that long, I suppose.

Don't worry about me though

I do not do drugs.

That is about the only thing I do not do.

Thank you for the encouragement to try this Orange thingy.

I really hope it is good

Been a long time

tongue.png

Don't build it up too much for yourself, you can only be disappointed that way

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching 'Only God Forgives' with my GF. Set in Bangkok, starring Ryan Gosling.

Very stylized but truly awful dialogue... And not clear on what, if anything, is happening. 47 minutes in.... Unlikely to make it through to end without fast forward button...

Edit...Jesus.... 55 minute mark for the next 4 minutes... That is brutal stuff.

Dexter, true blood, under the dome and burn notice. All an episode a week in real time now.

Dexter is fantastic and long running serial killer. True blood is ok vampire series. Under the some new but seems good. Burn notice gets little press but ive always enjoyed it, about a burned spy.

Just started game of thrones first season thats good too.

Have been a fan of Burn Notice since the pilot... Gets a bit predictable in terms of plot line but a twist here'n'there make it worthwhile.

Fiona - Gabrielle Anwar - is a fox! And this new chick in the current season playing the role of a former rogue GRU/FSB/KGB or otherwise Russian equivalent of Michael Weston is also a bit of a saucy minx! I've heard this is the last Burn Notice season.

Dexter - never really got into it - is in it's last season this year as well. One day I might download the seasons and see if I can get into it.

One series that had massive potential - but due to the tragic loss of one of the main characters only lasted a season - The Follower, made by the guy who created Bones. Unfortunately a one season wonder, had lots of crossovers between it and Bones too. I did an Old China Ham and watched episode 1-13 in a marathon sitting because it just kept me interested in what was going to happen next.

This time of year kind of sux for TV series, which is why Burn Notice saves the otherwise mundane 'summer' season.

One series that had massive potential - but due to the tragic loss of one of the main characters only lasted a season - The Follower, made by the guy who created Bones. Unfortunately a one season wonder, had lots of crossovers between it and Bones too. I did an Old China Ham and watched episode 1-13 in a marathon sitting because it just kept me interested in what was going to happen next.

I don't know that one, but on a similar note, there is the recently completed Season one of 'The Following' about a cult of serial killers.

I wont be watching Season 2. What is an interesting concept is let down by awful scripting and ridiculous situations.

Will Kevin Bacon ever call for backup to arrive at a scene before them?? Even when Kevin bacon is an hour away? If he did they will catch the killers. No, apparently not, he will go it alone...yet again...

Watching 'Only God Forgives' with my GF. Set in Bangkok, starring Ryan Gosling. Very stylized but truly awful dialogue... And not clear on what, if anything, is happening. 47 minutes in.... Unlikely to make it through to end without fast forward button... Edit...Jesus.... 55 minute mark for the next 4 minutes... That is brutal stuff.

I just watched it last night and would have to agree with all your comments. I'm glad someone else saw the same movie as I did, awful dialogue, dislocated storyline and extremely graphic in places. I've heard from others that it is a brilliant film, everyone to their own................

I saw in another thread it will be doing Cannes, good luck with that..............

As an aside, a mate just told me a couple of weeks ago about a freeware program for UK TV. Without posting links (not sure if I'm allowed to do that) type into your friendly Google: uktv asia. (Download is about 33MB)

It is certainly one of the better streaming programs out there, buffers very quickly with little or no pauses (internet connection dependent). The free version (without subscribing) gives you BBC1 London, BBC2 England, Film4, ITV1 London, ITV3 & Sky News, with a back-search function of 5 days where you can double-click on any listed program to play.

On the main screen click on the icon for "Program Info" for listed program information, the dateline is at the bottom of the screen. Couple of snaps below. The example is of the Live Golf: Open championship from Saturday (20th July).

Note: I have down-sized the quality in the snapshots, the picture quality of the stream are better................thumbsup.gif

post-76988-0-50309000-1374462402_thumb.j

post-76988-0-88701500-1374462421_thumb.j

I'm not really into these programs, but this is well worth having!

Disclaimer: I have nothing at all to do with the software above, just a user.

I don't know that one, but on a similar note, there is the recently completed Season one of 'The Following' about a cult of serial killers.

I wont be watching Season 2. What is an interesting concept is let down by awful scripting and ridiculous situations.

Will Kevin Bacon ever call for backup to arrive at a scene before them?? Even when Kevin bacon is an hour away? If he did they will catch the killers. No, apparently not, he will go it alone...yet again...

Ah sorry it was actually called The Finder... Apologies...

The Following... Yeah I watched the first season as well... Enjoyed the banter between Bacon and his serial killer foe.. It just got predictable.

I'll watch season two in the faint hope the twist will take a different turn...

:P

Ah sorry it was actually called The Finder... Apologies...

The Following... Yeah I watched the first season as well... Enjoyed the banter between Bacon and his serial killer foe.. It just got predictable.

I'll watch season two in the faint hope the twist will take a different turn...

tongue.png

The Finder looks okay. It still had viewers of 4 million by episode 13. Not enough for Fox apparently.

Watched 'The Colony' movie with my GF. Classified as a Sci-fi/horror movie, it is a bit of both. It is about a group of survivors in the aftermath after society has collapsed and the weather has been changed by man made devices, so now it only snows....and never stops.

Of course...the spanner in the works is a group of zombie style cannibals who appear in the mix... throw in the discovery that apparently another survivor colony has found a way to reverse the weather in their small part of the world...

It starts well but falls a way a little towards the end.....few too many cliches start to creep in... Still, it was fun to watch, but could have been a lot more.

Possibly heading towards a TV series spin off

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160996/

Speaking of post apocalyptic style survivor shows. I am a fan of the genre. It was good to see the Walking Dead pick their act up for the most recent season and start to get a bit more realistic about things...less family values and more death and realism.

Two shows, that in my view, have failed in this way are:

Defiance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)

and

Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series))

Revolution makes me want to throw objects at the Television. It is a world where all electrical items ceased working 15 years beforehand after a worldwide blackout event.

Naturally the main characters, both men and women, are amazing looking, and can be seen hunting and fighting and surviving in their bottom hugging tight blue jeans and latest fashion clothes. There is also apparently a ready supply of make up and hair salons still operating. This is a TV series made for bagging.

Defiance is a different beast..still it has a cast of beautiful people and some plot lines straight out of the 'why-did-that-person-do-that-obviously-stupid-thing' script box, but it seems more watchable.

Christ I just started watching Only God Forgives, aside from the shitty farang acting it's pretty 'wrong' in terms of the sequence post initial fight scene...

I'll resume it later before I go to bed. Not sure it's a "couples" movie :P

Christ I just started watching Only God Forgives, aside from the shitty farang acting it's pretty 'wrong' in terms of the sequence post initial fight scene...

I'll resume it later before I go to bed. Not sure it's a "couples" movie :P

And I just finished it... Glad the mum got what she deserved.

On a lighter note, I can't see it being banned here, portrays the RTP in quite a good light, dealing with criminals and such. Might not be a totally legal way of going about it, but I didn't see any brown envelopes :P

Also, Ms Phongnam! Very easy to watch.

Hopefully our resident ladyboy detective PaullyW doesn't come along and burst the bubble :P

All in all, a fairly standard run of the mill blood and guts gangster film, very dark beginning though...

Wouldn't pay to see it...

Speaking of post apocalyptic style survivor shows. I am a fan of the genre. It was good to see the Walking Dead pick their act up for the most recent season and start to get a bit more realistic about things...less family values and more death and realism.

and

Revolution makes me want to throw objects at the Television. It is a world where all electrical items ceased working 15 years beforehand after a worldwide blackout event.

Naturally the main characters, both men and women, are amazing looking, and can be seen hunting and fighting and surviving in their bottom hugging tight blue jeans and latest fashion clothes. There is also apparently a ready supply of make up and hair salons still operating. This is a TV series made for bagging.

It's got Grant Bowler in it. It, by default, is going to suck :P

and

Defiance is a different beast..still it has a cast of beautiful people and some plot lines straight out of the 'why-did-that-person-do-that-obviously-stupid-thing' script box, but it seems more watchable.

I did not mind either Defiance or Revolution and would put Falling Skies in the same category. No, they are nothing great, but shows in this genre are hard to find and I find them entertaining. IMHO. Walking Dead is similar, not much better and I like that one too.

and

I did not mind either Defiance or Revolution and would put Falling Skies in the same category. No, they are nothing great, but shows in this genre are hard to find and I find them entertaining. IMHO. Walking Dead is similar, not much better and I like that one too.

I like the genre too but Revolution really is the pits.

Cute girls in a brutal primitive environment, but luckily all the guys are really PC and wouldn't dream of molesting them, no matter how foolishly they behave.

Ugly truth is, without government and technology, women live (and always did live) short and brutal lives, usually as the property of some man.

I suppose that with PC in USA and Canada the way it is, no broadcast entertainment could portray women as anything other than strong and independent without needing men for anything. Books can be a bit grittier but not by much.

One problem I have with Defiance is that the anti-hero's adopted alien daughter is so amazingly ugly and she gets so much airtime. It really bugs me for some reason, but I still watch the show anyway. IMO, they should have made her at least somewhat hot ala Buffy the Vampire Slayer (one of my favorite shows of all time)

One problem I have with Defiance is that the anti-hero's adopted alien daughter is so amazingly ugly and she gets so much airtime. It really bugs me for some reason, but I still watch the show anyway. IMO, they should have made her at least somewhat hot ala Buffy the Vampire Slayer (one of my favorite shows of all time)

But at least the anti-hero's girlfriends sister is a hooker that is having a lesbian affair with the evil aliens wife.

But at least the anti-hero's girlfriends sister is a hooker that is having a lesbian affair with the evil aliens wife.

I must have stopped watching before I got to that juicy bit. biggrin.png

I think the alien daughter is attractive...in an alien way

I wasn't crazy about The Purge. It starts out fine, but quickly turns into a bunch of people that you don't care about running from room to room trying to kill each other. It is mildly entertaining, but IMO, don't bother.

Yes a good summation. A good concept but far too holey. This is a bad horror movie, that is not really a horror movie. I did find it amusing the scene of the woman skipping down the hall in her long dress, machete by her side laugh.png

The actor who played the child in the family also has to go down as one of the most annoying roles of recent times. http://www.maxburkholder.com/resume.php. Of course the script is such that you want to take a dislike to the character

"The Bride" just came out and looks very promising.

Do you mean 'The Bridge' UG?

I'm quite interested in that one myself.

This looks good. First episode I enjoyed. I hope the female character stays like she is for the series

Archived