What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I have seen 3 episodes of The Bridge. IMO, it remains quite interesting.

Were you referring to the character of the young boy in The Purging? If so, I agree, he was annoying. On top of that I kept thinking of him as the "ugly girl" because of his long hair (his sister was not too bad) and then would suddenly realize that it was the stupid boy that opened the door.

IMO, Ray Donovan started out good and gets a little better in each episode.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen 3 episodes of The Bridge. IMO, it remains quite interesting.

Were you referring to the character of the young boy in The Purging? If so, I agree, he was annoying. On top of that I kept thinking of him as the "ugly girl" because of his long hair (his sister was not too bad) and then would suddenly realize that it was the stupid boy that opened the door.

IMO, Ray Donovan started out good and gets a little better in each episode.

Yes that was the annoying character in the Purge. I Googled him as I thought he must be the Director's son or something.

Ray Donovan I'm up to ep 3 and enjoying it

1965 King Rat

Music Good

film good

Almost like the book

the book is better

The film is better than 91.3 percent of what I can watch today that is contemporary film.

And.......

John Mills.

father of Haley

I saw this movie as a weekend afternoon tv movie... I would have to revisit.

Coincidentally an employee held a hardcover copy of the book in his hand just two days back, while using it to mockingly demonstrate a point.

1965 King Rat

Music Good

film good

Almost like the book

the book is better

The film is better than 91.3 percent of what I can watch today that is contemporary film.

And.......

John Mills.

father of Haley

Coincidentally an employee held a hardcover copy of the book in his hand just two days back, while using it to mockingly demonstrate a point.

Clavell was not joking when he wrote that book.

It was not intended to be used for mocking purposes.

I might be tempted to terminate the employment of the employee.

I do not know the context however.

The book is a fictional account that was based on Clavell's time in Changi prison.

If I recall my reading about actual conditions correctly, there was much disease and hardship but it was not the worst POW camp.

The film is interesting, and the book is better, but reading the book cannot substitute for reading the history.

1965 King Rat

Music Good

film good

Almost like the book

the book is better

And.......

John Mills.

father of Haley

The book is a fictional account that was based on Clavell's time in Changi prison.

If I recall my reading about actual conditions correctly, there was much disease and hardship but it was not the worst POW camp.

The film is interesting, and the book is better, but reading the book cannot substitute for reading the history.

In context, the mocking was spot on.

I have not read the book myself. Is it likely we could see a modern remake of the book/movie? WW2 prison camp movies have been out of fashion for a while, maybe there could be a resurgence of interest.

'Odd Thomas' is the best movie I have seen this year, very entertaining.

Thanks for that. I watched it last night and it was pretty good.

I watched Odd Thomas the other week. I liked the concept but thought it dragged on doing not a lot for much of the movie. perhaps a TV series is in the offing?.

What I had not put together until today was that Odd Thomas is based on a Dean Koontz novel

Jane Austins Mafia on You Tube. Pirate Bay doesnt work anymore.sad.png

Oh contrare mon frère..

Add a proxy before the pirate bay and see what it spits out wink.png

You do not always need a proxy.

But if your network is blocking torrent downloads or p2p

Then get a seedbox.

you will love it

Jane Austins Mafia on You Tube. Pirate Bay doesnt work anymore.sad.png

Oh contrare mon frère..

Add a proxy before the pirate bay and see what it spits out wink.png

You do not always need a proxy.

But if your network is blocking torrent downloads or p2p

Then get a seedbox.

you will love it

I have not needed a seedbox as yet but I am thinking I will.

Do you use a freebee or a pay by month one?

I watched Odd Thomas the other week. I liked the concept but thought it dragged on doing not a lot for much of the movie. perhaps a TV series is in the offing?.

What I had not put together until today was that Odd Thomas is based on a Dean Koontz novel

There is a series of 7 Odd Thomas books, Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, Brother Odd, Odd Hours, Odd Interlude, Odd Apocalypse, Deeply Odd, with an 8th to come.

There is a series of 7 Odd Thomas books, Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, Brother Odd, Odd Hours, Odd Interlude, Odd Apocalypse, Deeply Odd, with an 8th to come.

ahhhhh...well that explains the word 'odd' in so many of the book titles.

Is this series worth a read?

Drinking Buddies... Looks like a romcom.. friends realise they should be lovers? No spoiler there as I haven't seen the movie yet.

It does feature Olivia Wild, every guys dream tomboy/beautiful girl girlfriend

Thanks for the tip on "Ray Donovan" gents... Just finished the episode and have 3 more to watch, plus episode 5 airing tonight in the states should yield a fresh download later today too...

Add Burn Notice and Suits to this I've got my Summer TV series covered hahaha...

1965 King Rat

Music Good

film good

Almost like the book

the book is better

And.......

John Mills.

father of Haley

In context, the mocking was spot on.

I have not read the book myself. Is it likely we could see a modern remake of the book/movie? WW2 prison camp movies have been out of fashion for a while, maybe there could be a resurgence of interest.

Some things should NOT be remade:

Hitchock ALL of his.

The remake of the shower scene was a dud by comparison.

Some directors are artists.

Why not remake a Salvidore D?

Or WHAT ABOUT A REMAKE OF THIS?

Impossible, BookMan.

I am watching this now, and have not seen it for over 35 years I think.

This was very innovative

Lasiter was W Allen's Squeeze you know.

At least I think I recall that I know. I am so old now, what do I know anymore?

ENJOY, PLEASE

This is a direct order.

Thanks for the tip on "Ray Donovan" gents... Just finished the episode and have 3 more to watch, plus episode 5 airing tonight in the states should yield a fresh download later today too...

Add Burn Notice and Suits to this I've got my Summer TV series covered hahaha...

I might watch some more of Suits.

I watched the first few episodes then no more for some reason. It was easy enough entertainment

Hitchock ALL of his.

It is an interesting point regarding remakes. I often assume that a remake will be better than the original, mainly IMO , due to technology, CGI, SFX. Action, superhero, war movies, can all benefit. But I cannot think of a superior remake off the top of my head.

Some of Hitchcock's stuff was brilliant. There was a remake of The Birds mooted a few years back but nothing materialised. That is one remake they should leave alone

Hitchock ALL of his.

It is an interesting point regarding remakes. I often assume that a remake will be better than the original, mainly IMO , due to technology, CGI, SFX. Action, superhero, war movies, can all benefit. But I cannot think of a superior remake off the top of my head.

Some of Hitchcock's stuff was brilliant. There was a remake of The Birds mooted a few years back but nothing materialised. That is one remake they should leave alone

"I often assume that a remake will be better than the original, mainly IMO , due to technology, CGI, SFX."

When you meet Woody Allen during your travels, please never mention this thought to him. He is in love with the old technology of B&W film making, and a rabid hater of the colorizing of the film prints such as was done by Ted Turner when he bought up so many of the B&W films that we all remember for his TV channel Movie Library Turner Classics, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_colorization , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_colorization . I do not know how old you are but you might recall that Woody Allen went nuts over the colorizing and began climbing the walls in his neurotic hysteria.

Rear Window? Psycho? Marnie? How can one even think of remakes? In my neurotic thinking, I believe that Hitch was a true artist like, well Van Gogh, and how're you going to sell a re-painting of VG? Hitch's films are the sum of their finely tuned parts, the choice of the female lead actors, the music, the choice of set furniture so that it looks right in B&W, and when you remake a film, or even take a film and colorize it, you cannot duplicate all parts and arrive with a whole that is half as good as the original. Shall I continue with my pedantic foaming? No need, just watch Psycho, the original first, then the new one.

Very nice Topic you have created here. Many do like it. Are you now engrossed in Mary Hartman Mary Hartman? Of course this is a spoof of TV Soaps. So TV members should really love MH MH because she would have hated Thai Soaps. (or she might have loved them, we do not know. She is not dead yet, you could write and ask her. (I BET SHE WOULD REPLY TO YOU IF YOU told her you edit a TV Forum, discussing her work.) America and Americans are very strange, are they not?

I wonder how long your topic will endure? 20 years maybe? ===Good Luck!=====

How old and what type of tech will they have by then?

When are people going to learn, the real value and interesting part of film is story creation and the acting too to a limited extent. The rest including the technology is just fluff and it is usually overdone and boring, like watching video games. I do not play them and never have. Computer games should be played only by computers and never by humans, except only for learning purposes such as U.S. soldiers going into combat to kill people in Iraq. OCH.

I am watching Suits now too. I just wish there were more seasons of it. The Good Wife woke me up to good lawyer shows like Boston Legal and The Practice.

It's only just getting going at its 3rd season.

Wasn't Boston Legal the spin off from The Practice? Or was that Ally Mcbeal?

:P

Watched "Cloud Atlas" a couple of nights ago and really liked it. A bit hard to follow at times (could be me), with all the jumping from present to past to future, but it certainly did it for me.

Just back from watching Wolverine at the Cinema with the GF. We both enjoyed it. If you like this genre this is one for the big screen. I saw the 2D version rather than the 3D.

There are 2 main female Japanese characters and there is plenty to visually like about both w00t.gif . Reasonable story line. Stay after the initial credits....there is a teaser for Wolverine 2 about sixty seconds into the credits.

I found with this movie the Trailers don't really do the movie justice

Very nice Topic you have created here. Many do like it. Are you now engrossed in Mary Hartman Mary Hartman?

I was only able to watch 10 minutes thus far, due to slow internet when using Youtube. I'll give a it a go again tomorrow. Was different not having a laugh track on an American comedy, or spoof series as it may be. I had to make the decision myself as to what constituted humour

Having wikipedia'd it I was also surprised it had 450 episodes in just 2 years.

Very nice Topic you have created here. Many do like it. Are you now engrossed in Mary Hartman Mary Hartman?

I was only able to watch 10 minutes thus far, due to slow internet when using Youtube. I'll give a it a go again tomorrow. Was different not having a laugh track on an American comedy, or spoof series as it may be. I had to make the decision myself as to what constituted humour

Having wikipedia'd it I was also surprised it had 450 episodes in just 2 years.

Decisions, decisions. Actually, that was considered to be a very sophisticated comedy/parody for its time. Still is.

No one understood it in 1076 -1978 but me. So you see why no one seems to understand many of my comments also.

Now it is a cult classic to many.

I will provide a link to the Wikipedia article which documents some about MH MH, in the hopes you will enjoy it, and hopefully others too. Or, maybe everyone already has watched all the episodes. It sort of petered out towards the end, as is usually the case with most TV.

By the way glad you mentioned that your YouTube connection was slow. This just means that your internet connection was bad and slow. THIS IS WHAT I have been saying. See all those double posts you are getting????

This is NOT TVF software problem. I think but internet stability problem.

So happy watching MH MH when your YouTube comes back.

Or not. It is an acquired taste for some.

(sometimes it is strange here, though. who knows when it is as it appears to me, or when double posts are really double posts.

What I always wished we had back in '78, was a parody of the parody of the American Soaps.

So we would have had a parody of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

I could have written that maybe, or I am writing it right now, maybe.

You just do not know.

Archived