What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching Suits now too. I just wish there were more seasons of it. The Good Wife woke me up to good lawyer shows like Boston Legal and The Practice.

It's only just getting going at its 3rd season.

Wasn't Boston Legal the spin off from The Practice? Or was that Ally Mcbeal?

It was the Practice which I have only seen the first season of, but they seem like very different shows.

Just back from watching Wolverine at the Cinema with the GF. We both enjoyed it. If you like this genre this is one for the big screen. I saw the 2D version rather than the 3D.

There are 2 main female Japanese characters and there is plenty to visually like about both w00t.gif . Reasonable story line. Stay after the initial credits....there is a teaser for Wolverine 2 about sixty seconds into the credits.

I found with this movie the Trailers don't really do the movie justice

Saw that a couple of weeks ago. A good movie to switch the brain off and plenty of action to the end was a bit blah.

Breaking Bad begins its eight episode finale on August 11.

The Newsroom (Season 2) has begun on HBO.

Ray Donovan, Suits, Franklin & Bash, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, Graceland, King & Maxwell, Luther, Magic City, Copper, Wilfred, The Glades, Longmire, Major Crimes are all in current seasons.

Breaking Bad begins its eight episode finale on August 11.

The Newsroom (Season 2) has begun on HBO.

Ray Donovan, Suits, Franklin & Bash, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, Graceland, King & Maxwell, Luther, Magic City, Copper, Wilfred, The Glades, Longmire, Major Crimes are all in current seasons.

A rather esoteric teaser for Breaking bad season 5 (completion of) starting August 11

I am watching Suits now too. I just wish there were more seasons of it. The Good Wife woke me up to good lawyer shows like Boston Legal and The Practice.

It's only just getting going at its 3rd season.

Wasn't Boston Legal the spin off from The Practice? Or was that Ally Mcbeal?

It was the Practice which I have only seen the first season of, but they seem like very different shows.

Oh very much so. The Practice was realistic and had gravitas.

Boston Legal tried to be all wisecracks and rapid dialogue a la West Wing.

Failed miserably IMO.

Anyway, I recently found all episodes of the old BBC sci-fi series Blake's 7.

Very nostalgic but special effects are laughable now.

Failed miserably IMO.

The Practice got boring and yawnful in the end...

I couldn't draw the same conclusion about Boston Legal and The West Wing - totally different plot lines really, Boston Legal and Suits is comparable. A suitable replacement in my opinion.

What I always wished we had back in '78, was a parody of the parody of the American Soaps.

So we would have had a parody of Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

I could have written that maybe, or I am writing it right now, maybe.

You just do not know.

There was of course the other parody show around then, Soap

Soap is an American sitcom that originally ran on ABC from 1977 into 1981. The show was created as a night-time parody of daytime soap operas, presented as a weekly half-hour prime time comedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_(TV_series)

Drinking Buddies... Looks like a romcom.. friends realise they should be lovers? No spoiler there as I haven't seen the movie yet.

It does feature Olivia Wild, every guys dream tomboy/beautiful girl girlfriend

I have seen the movie now. Watched it with the GF last night.

The conclusion i drew from watching this movie is that the movie is funded, and possibly even a promotional piece, for The Beer Makers Guild of America

The first thing you notice is the amount of beer being consumed. Not the occasional glass, but basically every scene contains a glass of beer. You might think I am exaggerating, but these guys can have a beer doing anything. Men and women. If there was a scene involving treadmills I'm sure they would have been pouring a beer while running. It helps that the characters work at a micro brewery, sure, but these guys apparently live and breathe their product.

I sold it to my GF as a romantic comedy. There is some romance and there is some passages of humour, but there is also an arthouse undertone and the obvious directorial influence of the Beer Makers Guild of America, and things don't quite gel.

After the movie had finished the GF asked if I could download a comedy tomorrow.

Just finished the first 3 series of Storage Wars. Also saw Identity Thief. Funny

I have been wondering about Identity Thief, I saw a trailer and it had some funny bits in it.

The lead Melissa McCarthy is also in Heat. Showing at some cinemas now.

Just finished the first 3 series of Storage Wars. Also saw Identity Thief. Funny

I have been wondering about Identity Thief, I saw a trailer and it had some funny bits in it.

The lead Melissa McCarthy is also in Heat. Showing at some cinemas now.

She is great. Vulgar and hilarious

Lillyhammer:

This Norwegian series is a little gem.

It stars Steven Van Zandt from the Sopranos. Who is also Bruce Springeteens long
time guitarist.

It's about a mobster who testifies against the mob, and then goes into witness protection.
He asks to be relocated to Llyhammer after seeing it at the 1994 Winter Olympics.

I really enjoyed this one. Be aware though, that is does have subtitles which aren't always
everyones cup of tea.

I found it funny and quirky but probably not for everyone.

Lillyhammer:

This Norwegian series is a little gem.

It stars Steven Van Zandt from the Sopranos. Who is also Bruce Springeteens long

time guitarist.

It's about a mobster who testifies against the mob, and then goes into witness protection.

He asks to be relocated to Llyhammer after seeing it at the 1994 Winter Olympics.

I really enjoyed this one. Be aware though, that is does have subtitles which aren't always

everyones cup of tea.

I found it funny and quirky but probably not for everyone.

Sounds intriguing. I like subtitles. I often use them. Could be I'm part deaf

Failed miserably IMO.

The Practice got boring and yawnful in the end...

I couldn't draw the same conclusion about Boston Legal and The West Wing - totally different plot lines really, Boston Legal and Suits is comparable. A suitable replacement in my opinion.

Well of course they're different plot lines. One's about the administrative wing of the White House, the other's about a legal practice in Boston.

My point was that the dialogue in the latter sought to recreate that of the former in terms of speed and rhythm of delivery.

Sure, 5 seasons is no failure. Guess that makes the Practice an even greater success since it ran for 7, right?

I just watched "The Pirates! Band of Misfits". It's an Aardman animation, and quite good if you like that sort of thing. I thought it was better than THe Curse of the Wererabbit, which I thought was a little far-fetched.

I just watched "The Pirates! Band of Misfits". It's an Aardman animation, and quite good if you like that sort of thing. I thought it was better than THe Curse of the Wererabbit, which I thought was a little far-fetched.

Did you laugh your booty off?

Watched "The Gambit" last night... A bit disappointed to be honest... Cameron Diaz is fast approaching her used by date which is a shame...

Colin Firth wasn't funny despite numerous attempts.. Alan Rickman I thought, excellent but Tom Courtenay as "The Major" was by the far the character of the film...

A Coen brothers film as well, made it more disappointing...

I just started watching The Wolverine, looks quite good so far (I'm about 20mins in at the moment) and then I've also got "The Emperor" to watch which seems interesting if you're into World War II and the Japanese surrender actually The Wolverine and The Emperor could be linked hahaha...

The Emperor looks interesting to me, but did not not do well with critics or the public. I can't find anywhere to download it, which might reflect it's lack of popularity.

It is there UG. Type in 'Emperor' instead of 'The Emperor' and you will find it if a pirate you be thumbsup.gif

The Emperor looks interesting to me, but did not not do well with critics or the public. I can't find anywhere to download it, which might reflect it's lack of popularity.

It is there UG. Type in 'Emperor' instead of 'The Emperor' and you will find it if a pirate you be thumbsup.gif

Thanks. Getting the title right makes a lot of difference - even found it in avi. wai.gif

Archived