What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching season 3 of Game of Thrones. I was holding off until I had all the episodes (then I went offshore). Mate just brought them out so watched the whole thing in about 3 days.

I completely missed this series when it first came out, Watched the first episode & was hooked, downloaded every series since.

As someone mentioned before there were some very shocking scenes towards the end of the last series.

Cant wait for the next series this autumn along with Downton Abbey.

One movie I stumbled across was "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" - full of well known stars such as Judi dench, maggie smith, bill nighy,

tom wilkinson but probably more for UK folk than international consumption, well acted and quite sentimental.

An idiot abroad has been mentioned but my cynical nature doesn't fall for the hype. This so-called doco is completely scripted.

Karl Pilkington, mate of Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant is obviously acting out his part as an buffoon to perfection.

Their disclaimer I take with a pinch of salt, "It was confirmed by the show's producers that Pilkington has no prior warning about these situations"

Off course he didn't .

Cheers hope this thread keeps going.

I forgot about Sons of Anarchy, a series about OMCG's.. Will enter its 6th Season starting September 10...

That series lost the plot... No pun intended.

Too much '"Jax angry face".. And impossible to believe certain gang members could stay alive...

Started well...original premise

I forgot about Sons of Anarchy, a series about OMCG's.. Will enter its 6th Season starting September 10...

That series lost the plot... No pun intended.

Too much '"Jax angry face".. And impossible to believe certain gang members could stay alive...

Started well...original premise

Indeed... It was a fall back series for me, that is, it just filled in until the good show started up again...

I'll give it a crack and see how it pans out...

I have just recently finished season 7 of 'Dexter' on DVD. I started watching this series a bit too late (started it only at the beginning of this year).

I have the complete 'The Office' on DVD waiting for me now (both the American and British ones) smile.png It's been YEARS since, especially the British one ended, but, oh well :)

As mentioned a few times here Ray Donovan is a great new series. Just finished episode 6 and I am pleased to say that it keeps on surprising

Definitely agree there BookMan, Ray Donovan has been the find of the season... Combines a lot of current TV Shows and gives it a little twist...

I have just recently finished season 7 of 'Dexter' on DVD. I started watching this series a bit too late (started it only at the beginning of this year).

I have the complete 'The Office' on DVD waiting for me now (both the American and British ones) smile.png It's been YEARS since, especially the British one ended, but, oh well smile.png

Office is great.

Haven't seen the last couple of Dexter series as yet

One movie I stumbled across was "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" - full of well known stars such as Judi dench, maggie smith, bill nighy,

tom wilkinson but probably more for UK folk than international consumption, well acted and quite sentimental.

Thanks for reminding me of this one...I wasn't able to get a copy when I looked last year but now I have found one

If you want a quirky comedy movie full of ageing British actors try "Cockneys Vs Zombies"

Almost all the old Brits, still alive are in it. Honor Blackman, Richard Briars, etc.

If you want a quirky comedy movie full of ageing British actors try "Cockneys Vs Zombies"

Almost all the old Brits, still alive are in it. Honor Blackman, Richard Briars, etc.

That is a good movie. Looks like a low budget one but they pull it off quite well

It was the GFs choice of movie at the cinema today. She picked Now You See Me. This was a fun movie, better than I expected. It moves along quickly and has plenty of action. An easy watch with some popcorn. I did not see the twist at the end coming. As they say in the movie, 'magic is all about misdirection'!

Still loving "Ray Donovan"; Jon Voight, Elliot Gould and now, James Woods as the "Whitey Bulger" stand-in.

"Low Winter Sun" premiered last night on AMC, Mark Strong is a great actor so looking forward to this one.

"Breaking Bad"'s final bow premier last night was pretty good. "Goodbye Mr. Chips, Hello Tony Montana". "Maybe your best course would be to tread lightly". I'm not expecting "Don't Stop Believin'" to be playing at the end of this one, as Junior tries parallel parking his Charger. ;)

^Yup, it's gonna be a great series-ending seasons for both Dexter and Breaking Bad, two of the best series ever created for TV. Dexter has taken some good turns already after a few episodes, and I did enjoy the first episode of BB.

Going to be a long month+ wait for Homeland to start up again, but another of my favorites. Sons of Anarchy starts in a month, and it's pretty good, though the lead actor Hunnam is pretty one-dimensional. Katey Sagal is excellent as his mother. Justified was pretty good, waiting for next season, and the first season of Hannibal is worth watching to see how it develops, though it's hard to picture anyone other than Anthony Hopkins in that role.

And the way the air pushed her pea coat open? Nope... Did not notice it at all...

wink.png

yes, well there was that also.

I meant the model pose she gave. It looked a little odd...sort of standing half turned, leg cocked. My GF looked at me and said exactly what I was thinking. "Why she stand like that?"

Archived