What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Thought I'd mention a link between two of the shows discussed here.

Dean Norris stars in both Breaking Bad and Under The Dome as one of the regular central characters. He's the bald headed guy

Just started watching 'breaking bad', the family bits I have to watch at x8 as they are excruciatingly tedious, but the drugs and violence bits are very good.

Just how selfish is the cooks wife? He's dying and all she cares about is herself!

(reminds me of my former wife in the USA, me, me, me and more me)

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean Norris stars in both Breaking Bad and Under The Dome as one of the regular central characters. He's the bald headed guy

Just started watching 'breaking bad', the family bits I have to watch at x8 as they are excruciatingly tedious, but the drugs and violence bits are very good.

Just how selfish is the cooks wife? He's dying and all she cares about is herself!

You starting at Season 1 or you starting on Season 5?

Did season 1 over the last couple of days, half way through season 2 now.

Did season 1 over the last couple of days, half way through season 2 now.

The family bits are pretty nauseating. It gets more palatable after season 2 for those moments. I don't think the character of the son, Walter White Junior, really clicks throughout the series

Supporting Junior after he dies gives Walter somewhat valid motivation for starting to cook meth in the first place. If it was just his wife, she would come up with a new sugar daddy ten minutes after Walter White kicked the bucket, but Junior's handicap would make that very difficult.

Supporting Junior after he dies gives Walter somewhat valid motivation for starting to cook meth in the first place. If it was just his wife, she would come up with a new sugar daddy ten minutes after Walter White kicked the bucket, but Junior's handicap would make that very difficult.

Yes, I forgot about that. Junior's character is one of the reasons for his decision, so that is is important.

She had a new guy, with more money right away. Walter didn't need to worry about anything.

(on Season 3 now)

Just finished watching a couple of movies...

Emperor: About the Japanese surrender of World War II and the Emperor of Japan's role in the surrender. A pretty humbling look at the whole picture of Japan during the war. Who was responsible for what, who said what, how they said it and how it was interpreted. Worth downloading and watching. I don't normally like Matthew Fox's movies but this one he was somewhat palatable. Tommy Lee Jones as Gen. Douglas Macarther was quite funny actually... My favorite line "Gen Richter can go piss up a rope" had me laughing for a couple of minutes. Shame that the Fox's love interest Aya wasn't found in the end though :P

2 Guns: Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington play a Naval Intelligence officer and Drug Enforcement Agent who team up to try and get inside a drug cartel. During the course of the movie they set about trying to set each other up not knowing they're technically on the same side. Wahlberg's pretty funny during the movie despite his role and Denzel is... well.. he's Denzel... The charcter Papi Greco (Drug cartel king pin) is pretty damn funny too.

Also caught up on Ray Donovan - hate James Woods normally, but so far his character is not too bad. Sully's mum though was quite funny in that episode.

Emperor: About the Japanese surrender of World War II and the Emperor of Japan's role in the surrender. A pretty humbling look at the whole picture of Japan during the war. Who was responsible for what, who said what, how they said it and how it was interpreted. Worth downloading and watching. I don't normally like Matthew Fox's movies but this one he was somewhat palatable. Tommy Lee Jones as Gen. Douglas Macarther was quite funny actually... My favorite line "Gen Richter can go piss up a rope" had me laughing for a couple of minutes. Shame that the Fox's love interest Aya wasn't found in the end though tongue.png

2 Guns: Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington play a Naval Intelligence officer and Drug Enforcement Agent who team up to try and get inside a drug cartel. During the course of the movie they set about trying to set each other up not knowing they're technically on the same side. Wahlberg's pretty funny during the movie despite his role and Denzel is... well.. he's Denzel... The charcter Papi Greco (Drug cartel king pin) is pretty dam_n funny too.

Also caught up on Ray Donovan - hate James Woods normally, but so far his character is not too bad. Sully's mum though was quite funny in that episode.

Thanks for that. I want to watch both of those. I had forgotten about 2 guns.

Likewise until I saw a preview for it on the TV, then I forgot what the name of the movie was, IMDB'd Wahlberg and nothing came up under his bio and couldn't remember if it was Denzel or Samuel L Jackson - I had it in my head it was Samuel L Jackson - tried Denzel and voila.

2 Guns: Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington play a Naval Intelligence officer and Drug Enforcement Agent who team up to try and get inside a drug cartel. During the course of the movie they set about trying to set each other up not knowing they're technically on the same side. Wahlberg's pretty funny during the movie despite his role and Denzel is... well.. he's Denzel... The charcter Papi Greco (Drug cartel king pin) is pretty dam_n funny too.

Speaking of Mark Wahlberg...The bloke is everywhere at the moment. We just watched Pain and Gain.. It was okay. Almost unbelievable story, but actually happened...

Pain & Gain is a 2013 American crime-comedy film directed by Michael Bay and starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie. The film is based on a story published in a 1999 series of Miami New Times articles written by Pete Collins and compiled in Collins' 2013 book Pain & Gain: This is a True Story, which details the kidnapping, extortion, torture, and murder of several victims by an organized group of criminals that included a number of bodybuilders affiliated with Sun Gym.[3][4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_%26_Gain

We went to the cinema last night and watched Elysium. I am a big fan of sci-fi/futuristic style movies and was looking forward to this one at the Cinema.

For me, it was a bit of a disappointment. The characters didn't really come together and it was the standard formulae. 4/10 from me.

On the other hand the GF liked it and would have given it 7/10

Lillyhammer:

This Norwegian series is a little gem.

It stars Steven Van Zandt from the Sopranos. Who is also Bruce Springeteens long

time guitarist.

It's about a mobster who testifies against the mob, and then goes into witness protection.

He asks to be relocated to Llyhammer after seeing it at the 1994 Winter Olympics.

I really enjoyed this one. Be aware though, that is does have subtitles which aren't always

everyones cup of tea.

I found it funny and quirky but probably not for everyone.

I am enjoying this one so far..Up to episode 5. It is easy to watch, though much of it is in Norwegian (subtitled) there is a bit of English spoken.

Basically it one of those quirky small town comedies, but set in Norway instead of the UK/US

Watched Pain and Gain after the review here. I enjoyed it. I would not really classify it as a comedy as it was based on a true story, but it was amusing because the criminals were so stupid and the victim was such an over the top nasty guy. Very entertaining.

Anyone watched the new Underbelly series Squizzy?

Totally forgot about it, having been keen to watch it prior to moving to Thailand earlier this year...

Yeah I caught episode 1, which is available the normal places

It was okay. They do pretty well without having a huge budget recreating some of the atmosphere of the time.

Thanks for reminding me actually. I'll have to catch up on the episodes since then!

Also in the playlist over the next couple of days:

Pain & Gain: I'd initially had a pretty crappy version that was barely watchable. Decided to try again with a Blue Ray 1080 HD copy. Comments above aided the re-downloading :P

Empire State: It was just thrown up on a search, seems to have tweaked some interest despite it having Dwayne Johnson in it. Could be hit or miss.

Now You See Me: Completely forgot about this film until, it too, was thrown up in a search.

Hansel & Gretal Get Baked: Love a good stoner flick sometimes and this could well fit the bill.

Looking forward to Rush, a Formula 1 movie taking place in the1976 season and about Nika Lauda and James Hunt.

Just saw Beyond the Pines from 2012, a very strong movie I really enjoyed.

Watching Top Gear season 20 now, always good stuff.

Finished Pain & Gain, the fact that its based on a true story makes it even more funny...

Certainly not the sharpest needles in the doctors office...

The court case at the end was a pisser where Aussie actress Rebel Wilson who plays the impotent guys wife tore him apart on the stand hahaha

I'd probably watch it again for the laughs...

Finished Pain & Gain, the fact that its based on a true story makes it even more funny...

Certainly not the sharpest needles in the doctors office...

The court case at the end was a pisser where Aussie actress Rebel Wilson who plays the impotent guys wife tore him apart on the stand hahaha

I'd probably watch it again for the laughs...

A recent news article about Pain and Gain..

Twenty years ago, Marc Schiller was kidnapped, robbed and almost killed by a gang of idiotic bodybuilders. Now his story has been made into a film comedy. Why isn't he laughing?

On the afternoon of November 15, 1994, Adrian Doorbal, a weightlifter with a penchant for extreme violence and a serious steroid addiction, sat in the front seat of a rented van, waiting to abduct the millionaire owner of a Miami deli.

On paper it wasn't a difficult job. Not only did Doorbal and his two accomplices outnumber their target - Marc Schiller - three-to-one, they were also armed with a gun and a shock-inducing Taser, which was capable of paralysing a person from a distance of six metres.

Pain & Gain, which stars Mark Wahlberg, is a high-tempo black comedy that pokes fun at the bodybuilder gang, but goes out of its way to stigmatise Schiller as well in order, one assumes, to generate some sympathy for its leading man. Schiller's name has been changed, but it would take about two minutes on Google to identify him, since the case was well covered by Miami newspapers at the time and in a three-part serial by the journalist Pete Collins in 1999.

"No one [involved with the film] ever talked to me," he says now. "It wasn't me they put in the movie. When I saw it I thought, 'who is this person?"' On screen, Victor Kershaw (aka Schiller) brags about his money, treats his employees with contempt and drives around with the words "Miami B----" emblazoned on his number plate. In reality, says Alex Ferrer, the judge who presided over the case, Schiller wasn't like that at all.

News Article Here

Just watched "Empire State" another bungled robbery true story movie also starring Dwayne Johnson, though he plays the good guy in this film.

Had to feel sorry for Liam Hemsworth's character though, copped a shit load of bad luck hahaha...

Wife was none-to-impressed with the over usage of the word "<deleted>" throughout...

Also watched "Now You See Me" not loosely based on a true story either hahaha.. Overall a pretty good movie, a few good one liners and Isla Fisher as well hahaha...

Worth watching again...

Just watched "Empire State" another bungled robbery true story movie also starring Dwayne Johnson, though he plays the good guy in this film.

Had to feel sorry for Liam Hemsworth's character though, copped a shit load of bad luck hahaha...

Wife was none-to-impressed with the over usage of the word "<deleted>" throughout...

Also watched "Now You See Me" not loosely based on a true story either hahaha.. Overall a pretty good movie, a few good one liners and Isla Fisher as well hahaha...

Worth watching again...

Empire State worth the watch?

Worth watching again...

Oh hell no! Don't waste the hard drive space!

Worth watching again...

Oh hell no! Don't waste the hard drive space!

It was queued up tongue.png

Archived