SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thats funny! Who does these "Polls"? Of  course he should get one, why not? If Obama got one and was not even "eligible" at the time, and Al Gore, The Global Warming guy, got one for a big lie, why not? They don't mean anything anymore, they are just another "Award" they give out to their friends. If you want to know who should have got one, look at the people who got snubbed  out, who were really nominated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

Regardless of if deserved or not ,and I don't think any serious minded person believe he does.  If they nominated Trump the Nobel organisation would lose all credibility, and I don't believe they are stupid enough to do that. 

But then again I did not believe Americans were stupid enough to elect him president.......

Credibility you say??? Say it ain't so. let's see: Obama, Gore, the Indian Railroad Engineer......

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I voted no based on his performance to date. Even though I think "trump" is a fascist and a real threat to American democracy and everything that decent Americans hold dear, if a potential prize is about peace in Korea, I will concede it is possible that he might deserve such a prize at a later date DEPENDING on future accomplishments on that issue. But way too early now.

Before any silly person says but but but Obama, of course Obama didn't deserve the prize he got. It was given prematurely and it turned out he wouldn't have deserved it anyway based on his performance.

So they made a mistake before. No need for a REPEAT.

Cheers

Fascist you say? Perhaps you should read this: http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Fascism.html

Then tell us how Trump is a Fascist

• Like 2

Regardless of if deserved or not ,and I don't think any serious minded person believe he does.  If they nominated Trump the Nobel organisation would lose all credibility, and I don't believe they are stupid enough to do that. 
  But then again I did not believe Americans were stupid enough to elect him president.......
ALL credibility was lost when it was awarded to Obama. Some credibility can be regained by awarding it to President Trump.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, liberator6996 said:

ALL credibility was lost when it was awarded to Obama. Some credibility can be regained by awarding it to President Trump.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nope. Two wrongs don't make a right.

More support on my opinion that it is way too early to conclude that "trump" is actually creating peace. 

NEW YORK TIMESTrump’s Dangerous Global Retreat

Does Trump have any larger goal in Korea other than to find a pretext for a military exit and gain a moment of glory along the way?

The world learned on Sept. 1, 1939, where the mentality of every-country-for-itself leads. Our willful and politically wounded president is leading us there again. A warning to countries that have relied too long and lazily on the promises of Pax Americana: The policeman has checked out. You’re on your own again.

http://www.paywallnews.com/life/Opinion-|-Trump’s-Dangerous-Global-Retreat.rkD9rY96G.html

Edited by Jingthing

In our Orwellian world, where "war is peace, and ignorance is strength", it would appear somewhat "logical" to hand the Nobel Peace prize to someone who so much symbolizes this insanity.

Meanwhile, the Nobel committee could also award the chemistry prize to Theresa May for her mindboggling accomp!isment in Salisbury!

Observers living outside the 1984 bubble know that nothing of substance has been accomplished in Korea, and that Kim Jong Un is far from being a little choir boy afraid of uncle Donald...

Meanwhile, a nice and potentially devastating conflict is brewing in and around Iran, while some lesser (for the time being) fires in the South China See and in Ukraine are regurlarly doused with gasoline by Washington and its vassals.

The second part of 2018 could be interesting, so to speak...and the Nobel Prizes are awarded only in the last quarter...let's just wait and see...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

That's really silly.  When trump came they were firing missiles now they walk across the demarcation?  you think POTUS has nothing to do with that?  come on be fair. I agree with other posters leave it a year and see what the real peace is, or is not.

Kim Jong Un was summoned to Beijing and had his fortune told by Xi - Q.E.D.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, liberator6996 said:

What credibility? they had already lost any trace of that when they awarded the prize to Kissinger! Not convinced there would be any gain awarding Trump! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

What credibility? they had already lost any trace of that when they awarded the prize to Kissinger! Not convinced there would be any gain awarding Trump! 

And don't forget Arafat...and even Aung Saan Suu Kii appears to be a very controversial choice since the recent events with the Rohingas have shown she is no angel...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, runamok27 said:

I would say no. It would be just as stupid as when they gave one to Obama for doing nothing. If the NK situation gets resolved though, I think they would have to give it to him. 

You are forgetting Obama got it because he did a lot more then his predecessor towards world peace, (first time a POTUS got it for doing nothing:tongue:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

They gave the Nobel Peace  Prize to Obama for doing nothing so why not Trump?

He has done more in one year than Obama did in eight years!

Americans were smart enough to not elect Clinton!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1