SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/doomsday-clock-2018-live-latest-update-midnight-minutes-trump-tweets-nuclear-war-a8177816.html

2 mins to midnight on the Doomsday clock

Nobal peace prize my a**e

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have never been a fan of Trump's saber rattling game with Kim Jong Un. But we're all along for the ride anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, BuriramSam said:

I have never been a fan of Trump's saber rattling game with Kim Jong Un. But we're all along for the ride anyway. 

I thought he (Trump) was perfect for that role.  He out trolled the troll!  :laugh:  But did that, and the sanctions, after all this time, finally force Kim into his current behavior?

I don't think so. 

China

On 5/6/2018 at 12:44 AM, sirineou said:

Regardless of if deserved or not ,and I don't think any serious minded person believe he does.  If they nominated Trump the Nobel organisation would lose all credibility, and I don't believe they are stupid enough to do that. 

But then again I did not believe Americans were stupid enough to elect him president.......

But, you are probably in full agreement that Obama deserved his? For what? It has even been suggested that awarding the Nobel Prize was a mistake. He did nothing notable in the name of peace.

Per the BBC.

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.

Geir Lundestad told the AP news agency that the committee hoped the award would strengthen Mr. Obama.

Instead, the decision was met with criticism in the US. Many argued he had not had any impact worthy of the award.

Mr. Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr. Obama himself had been surprised.

"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr. Lundestad writes.

"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says. "In that sense, the committee didn't achieve what it had hoped for".

If Trump achieves Peace on the Korean Peninsula, he totally deserves the prize.

• Sad 1

But, you are probably in full agreement that Obama deserved his? For what? It has even been suggested that awarding the Nobel Prize was a mistake. He did nothing notable in the name of peace. Per the BBC.

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.

Geir Lundestad told the AP news agency that the committee hoped the award would strengthen Mr. Obama.

Instead, the decision was met with criticism in the US. Many argued he had not had any impact worthy of the award.

Mr. Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr. Obama himself had been surprised.

"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr. Lundestad writes.

"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says. "In that sense, the committee didn't achieve what it had hoped for".

If Trump achieves Peace on the Korean Peninsula, he totally deserves the prize.

And the Pulling America out of the Paris Agreement on climate change.

How can any man get the peace prize after that?

Have you forgotten about that ?

I believe even North Korea has signed up to that.

And their no peace yet and if it is it will be down to China having a word in there ear saying something on the lines of " This Trump guy is a bigger nutter then you better Disarm because he risking war between China and the USA"

Hardley warrants a Nobel peace prize does it risking a Nuclear war.

And its all about to kick off between Iran and Isreal if he takes america out of the Iran Deal then what will happen in the middle east?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/06/israeli-pm-better-confront-iran-sooner-later/

The Trump supports have clearly lost their senses if they believe he should get a Nobel peace prize.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

North Korea says denuclearization pledge not result of U.S.-led sanctions

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Sunday its intention to denuclearize, unveiled at a historic inter-Korean summit, was not the result of U.S.-led sanctions and pressure, warning the United States not to mislead public opinion.

The North’s official KCNA news agency said Washington was “misleading public opinion” by claiming the denuclearization pledge was the result of sanctions and other pressure.

“This act cannot be construed otherwise than a dangerous attempt to ruin the hardly-won atmosphere of dialogue and bring the situation back to square one,” the spokesman was quoted as saying.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea/north-korea-says-denuclearization-pledge-not-result-of-us-led-sanctions-idUSKBN1I703M

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

I thought he (Trump) was perfect for that role.  He out trolled the troll!  :laugh:  But did that, and the sanctions, after all this time, finally force Kim into his current behavior?

I don't think so. 

China

It's hard to say what effect Trump had on Un. However, I will assume the leader of SoKo is smart and his thanks to Trump are for good reason.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Sunday its intention to denuclearize, unveiled at a historic inter-Korean summit, was not the result of U.S.-led sanctions and pressure, warning the United States not to mislead public opinion.

The North’s official KCNA news agency said Washington was “misleading public opinion” by claiming the denuclearization pledge was the result of sanctions and other pressure.

“This act cannot be construed otherwise than a dangerous attempt to ruin the hardly-won atmosphere of dialogue and bring the situation back to square one,” the spokesman was quoted as saying.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea/north-korea-says-denuclearization-pledge-not-result-of-us-led-sanctions-idUSKBN1I703M

The leader of South Korea says pretty much the opposite. Which person do you agree with? The ally or the communist despot?

Edited by BuriramSam
Mistake

9 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Admit it, you had a major issue dealing with having a black president who has more class in his little finger than trash talking low life Trump could ever dream of.

Color of his skin has nothing to do with it. He was an incompetent POTUS. Class? He has no class either but you please carry on without me as I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

It's hard to say what effect Trump had on Un. However, I will assume the leader of SoKo is smart and his thanks to Trump are for good reason.

I think it had some influence but my sense is this was an Asian thing.  KJU wouldn't be inclined to suddenly and randomly roll over and give up to to the USA, and certainly not Donald Trump.

Author of this opinion piece clearly doesn't think much of Trump but his take dances in and out of interesting speculation, albeit a few days old now. 

Perhaps Moon was just being polite and deferential in agreeing with Lee, who broached the subject first. Maybe he also felt he needed to get himself into US President Donald Trump’s good books ahead of tough negotiations with the US over trade and security issues. 

After all, as they say, flattery will always get you somewhere, and with this occupant of the White House, everywhere, probably. 

http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/article/2144530/nobel-peace-prize-us-president-donald-trump-last-thing-world-needs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cat handler said:

Yet he achieved nothing, they can also be launched from submarines.

yeah, but that is not Cuba, and USA have Subs hunting USSR Subs, and so on. Anyway, we have lived with missils pointing at us as long I lived, and now I guess they are pointing again, and also started to invade our fjords with their subs again. So we are as far ass we always been. Cold war keeps the business running

2 hours ago, BuriramSam said:

The leader of South Korea says pretty much the opposite. Which person do you agree with? The ally or the communist despot?

The leader of NK. The leader of SK needs to maintain the relationship. NK couldn't care less.

• Like 1

Of course he has to say that. Did you nothing learn about Asia? NK is also an Asian country. It's all about face. 

I don't get it anyway why people still quote propaganda media. They were wrong as they said Trump would never be president. They are wrong since 2 years in every way. Don't people recognise that? That's amazing. Every decent company would fire all the journalists and analysts. Either they are plain stupid, or they follow their agenda.

And KCNA news agency is now considered as a credible source as long it fits their constructed narrative? Give me a break.

Can't wait for midterm elections.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BuriramSam said:

It's a good and fair question, well assuming you mean 'which do I believe'.  I would tend to believe Moon in the first instance, but to be honest Kim is in a better position to comment on his own motivations, so I have no definite answer.

• Like 2

So what role did Trump play in the negotiations between the N and S Korea? I wonder what role Trumps trade war with China has played in this? Have China and N/S Korea decided they should unite against the USA? Trump could well be responsible for uniting the Korea's, but in an inadvertent way.